Avanti Coming To Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mkdog45, Aug 1, 2021.

1. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Avanti has the Class 221 to use as Regional Service and the Class 390 is the Intercity Like on Southeastern High Speed with the 375 and 395

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If it does get made, I hope they do the whole network (Wirral & Northern). Both are enjoyable in their own different ways and being a largely self contained route, it’d have everything.

Although the whole thing would be 75 miles and more costly, time wise, 68 stations.

• Like Like x 1
  3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The 375 doesn't run InterCity on SEHS.

Also, that's not what the 221 does, the 221 mostly does the North Wales Line, as it's a diesel line, and also substitutes the 390s on Scotland-bound services. Avanti doesn't run regional services.
    (The Welsh services stop at a few more stations than usual (limited services actually stop), but that's mostly because these services start at Crewe)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  4. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

221’s run the north Wales coastal but sub in for 390’s

5. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

They do have a BNSF license, it's just that this license was given to them under one condition: DTG can't sell BNSF/ATSF/BN branded content outside of the US. All BNSF/ATSF/BN content must appear unbranded for foreign customers.

• Like Like x 2
  6. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

221s don't run regional services. They run intercity expresses just like the 390s

7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

How was the route in TS 21 with the Trains?
    I saw only the Class 390 from Euston and some Commuter Trains with I don’t know from the Company.

8. james64

That was the Class 350 with LNWR. I think a WCML route would feel incomplete without them, although knowing how tough licenses are to negotiate that may be what we'd end up with.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There's two trains an hour that terminate at Tring as well, so that would be an interesting break point
    And at 31 miles 50 chains (so 31¾ miles) it's within tollerance for a TSW2 route...
    And there's only five additional stations from Watford Junction so the rest would already be in game

And it's a busy freight route

10. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

50 Kilometer are too short.
    It should goes to 80 to 100 kilometer

• Like Like x 1
  11. james64

Terminating the route it at Tring would mean there could be no Avanti services though, apart from the small amount that call at Watford Junction.

I think having this route without either Avanti or LNWR services will feel incomplete. Which makes me wonder if a route further North would be more likely for Avanti.

I remember there was a Carlisle to Glasgow route in Train Simulator, would that be suitable for TSW2? I don't think it would fit as well as anything in the southern portion of the WCML.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ARuscoe

Google says about 3 times too long...
    95.8 miles or so

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. formulabee#1362

If freightliner comes, there is a chance that one day the geml will come because they operate the bulk of freight services

• Like Like x 1
  14. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’ve just realised something that may seem irrelevant to some , but I find interesting . Usually after about 20 messages on a thread which speculate about something , one of the dtg staff deny all the speculation , however no one has yet , maybe to let us speculate about something that will be coming in the not to distant future ?

• Like Like x 5
  15. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

Huh, I didn’t even think about that

16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Interesting point.

Given the backlash from the Dresden route, it’s in their best interests to smack down any significantly off track speculation. There’s no real harm in it, but allowing the community to get excited over something that isn’t going to happen is very dangerous lol.

• Like Like x 3
  17. formulabee#1362

18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

C7B5B049-1168-424E-9371-75F949EE3541.jpeg This is the Aiken Train

19. james64

Hope you're right. However it might just be that they're getting a kick out of us speculating when we're so far off!

20. ARuscoe

People getting excited about something that hasn't been hinted at let alone confirmed are only dangerous to themselves

• Like Like x 6
  21. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I‘ve already been reminded.

• Like Like x 1
  22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The problem with BNSF is that nobody holds the license, or rather several entities hold fragments of the license and there's no one entity for DTG to deal with.

23. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

There’s no smoke without fire as they say. That list, in game, must mean something or why else would it exist?

• Like Like x 2
  24. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

I would love to try the drive the trains from London Euston please bring this route to TW2 to as soon as possible thank you

25. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Where do you found this information, is this from TSW 2 or Train Simulator 2021?

26. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Was this Information that you found recently?

27. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

at present time train simulator 21 but we are trying to get them bring it 2 TSW 2

28. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I don't know if that was most recently that he post? I stll waiting for DB628 reply

29. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Its from the TSC discord

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

It is likely this is from TSW, hence the *.usasset extension

• Like Like x 1
  31. trainsimgaming1001

Well, next week is the roadmap, and it is probably the last before Rush Hour Releases. The fact that DTG has not confirmed the speculation as false (like they did with the thursday q&a a while back) could mean that this is happening. Maybe this is something from Rivet. I did suggest it on Rivet Forums, so maybe they took it into account?

• Like Like x 1
  32. trainsimgaming1001

One thing that interests me is that the Image has both Entries for GWR and FGW. Maybe this is left over from GWE? Maybe this means West Cornwall Local is FGW era? There are alot of 'license' files for Operators we already have, like BR, TFL, and Southeastern, but some we do not have that could be featured on a Route we have, like Network Southeast, which would easily fit with a 90s themed pack for GWE. I also took note of Grand Central and Great Northern, which could hint an East Coast Main Line. There is also a CrossCountry Entry, which to date has not been featured and is rarely suggested. The fact that thameslink is there could hint a 700 DLC for BML. Chiltern Railways as well, which DTG has NEVER developed for (the TS CML was from JustTrains). Highly doubt MerseyRail is leftover from TS, as it has not been featured. I think we might have some cool things coming. When this happens normally, DTG staff will usually murder the thread and say 'aVaNtI iS nOt HaPpEnIng' or whatever

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. trainsimplayer

We already know West Cornwall will be the 90's, Rivet have said it elsewhere.

NSE is in game, With Isle of Wight.

It could, and I think we'd all love it if it does, but there is rather noticeable lack of LNER.

Cross Country actually surprised me, as since Arriva went up for sale it was removed from TS Classic, but it's a great license for them to have.

Also, Cross Country is one of those operators that shows up all over the place, and adds more services in.

I think should this be the case they'd probably have it go onto SEHS as well.

Also, as far as I'm aware, the main issue with the 700 is that the train itself has to be licensed.

DTG would probably have had to license that anyway.

MerseyRail is 100% new, also, as for DTG Staff, I think they are probably not saying anything because this thread has derailed (pun intended) into becoming a discussion over that screenshot.

• Like Like x 1
  34. trainsimplayer

This is NOT Train Simulator 21, this is a TSW thing, found by someone on the TSC Discord. It's just some aren't actually used in-game yet.
    (I'm in the discord and I seen it, so I know)

• Like Like x 1
  35. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I was thinking from that Grand Central mean we will see Metro North Route being added to TSW, i also recall seeing NJTransit, which mean there would be a nj transit route as well.

• Like Like x 1
  36. trainsimplayer

Wrong Grand Central.

37. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Which Grand Central are you referring to?

38. trainsimplayer

The British Open-Access Rail Operator: Operates Services between London Kings Cross & Sunderland/Bradford

If you read the post to replied to they clearly mention the ECML (the route they run on)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  39. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

These are only the Grand Central Terminal that i saw on their official site https://www.grandcentralrail.com/popular-routes

40. trainsimgaming1001

Just to confirm, this is correct. If I say grand central , iam referring to the uk operator

• Like Like x 1
  41. trainsimplayer

Grand Central Rail (the one referenced in the image, and being talked about now), is in the UK. It operates (as you can see) between London & Bradford/Sunderland, the latter being mostly along the ECML, which trainsimgaming1001 is refering to.

42. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Grand Central Terminal, the New York station, is not a business entity which can license anything. It's a facility owned by the Metropolitan Transit Authority.

• Like Like x 1
  43. ARuscoe

That list means DTG have an arrangement with those companies for something. Doesn't mean its' the thing people want.
    Given we don't know for sure, no point "getting excited".

• Like Like x 2
  44. trainsimplayer

Having seen a couple of other related screenshots - which show the files individually (the one which was shown was BNSF), this is what they are:

The files listed are indeed game files of sorts, and - as far as I can tell - are the ones you'd see in the menus (currently when you select a loco, and soon when your selecting the route thanks to the new menu.)

This does mean, however, there is an agreement of sort in place, which, in turn, means that these are all licensed, or else they wouldn't bother making them.

Hope this helps clarify.

• Like Like x 1
  45. james64

If we ever do see an Avanti Pendolino in TSW2, I really hope we get the special pride livery. It puts the one on the Class 395 on SEHS to shame with how colourful it is.

• Like Like x 5
  46. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I was on a trip to Carnforth once when it passed in the opposite direction, our Northern Civity quite literally glowed with all the colours as it went past.

• Like Like x 3
  47. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

While I’d like avanti in TSW my wallet would not. Until confirmed what this all means take it a with a bowl of salt

• Like Like x 2
  48. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Still no outright denial from DTG, so there could very well be something to this. Either that or they hope we get bored speculating about it lol.

• Like Like x 7
  49. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Don't read too much into that. If DTG denied every specualtion, they'd do nothing else anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  50. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

They probably employ someone to ring up TOCs and ask for licencing arrangements, put those logos that are successful in the game in case any future routes need them until the next big core update. Notice how Grand Central and Great Northern feature, but no LNER. You can't have a route featuring these two TOCs without LNER. Same goes for Avanti with LNWR and London Overground, unless it were some sort of WCML North with Scotrail (in which case the route would probably be too long).

• Like Like x 2