Class 47 Brakes Dragging

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VolvoB10M, Aug 2, 2021.

1. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I just switched over from the 20 to the 47 on the railtour at Neilston, but after driving the 47 for a few minutes the brakes start dragging. How do I reset the air valve and stop this from happening again? The brake cylinders are showing 14 instead of 0, the train pipe is correct at 5 bar, the reservoir pipe is just above 130. Brake handle is in running, straight air is off.

Edit: The air brakes are sticking on the 20 now as well, with the brake handle in the 20 in shutdown and air off it still shows air in the brake cylinders.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2021
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I believe this bug has been reported several times but hasn't been fix yet.

The BR Green Class 47 on WSR seems fine, but the BR Blue one from NTP has bugged brakes.

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You have to make sure you only use the ‘running’ position to release the brakes and not go into the ‘release/overcharge’ position. On the Class 47, even going into the release position for a fraction of a second will overcharge the brake pipe and the brakes will creep on. I believe it also happens if you don’t ever go into the release position on the brake handle (due to a bug) but the brake cylinder is unlikely to get to 14 without doing so.

• Like Like x 3
  4. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Ah! Thank you, I had actually wondered why that was happening to me, too. At least they didn’t bill Train Sim World/Northern Trans-Pennine as the ultimate in realism!

[​IMG]
    Oh…:D

• Like Like x 2
  5. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

How do you access the brake release valve? Isn't it located in the former steam generator area or is there one on the outside?