Is It Possible To Get Tsw2 On The Ps4 When I Already Have It On Pc For Free?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by fatpumpkin#8281, Aug 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. fatpumpkin#8281

fatpumpkin#8281 New Member

I was wondering if I could get TSW2 on my PS4 free of charge because I already have it on my PC. I feel like this should be possible. If anyone knows anything about this that would be helpful. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

No, this is not possible.
    Why do you feel this way?

Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  3. fatpumpkin#8281

fatpumpkin#8281 New Member

Aww man. I feel like it should be possible because I already bought it. I dont feel like buying it again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Generally, when you buy a game on one platform, you don't automatically own the license to play the game on every platform. The only major exception is with Microsoft's Xbox Play Anywhere programme which allows game sharing between PC and Xbox on certain titles.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Did you get in on Epic? If so, you have already got it for free on one platform. Sony aren’t going to give it to you for free as well. When you buy something from Sony, Microsoft, Steam, or Epic when there isn’t a free promotion, part of the money goes to them for using their platform for playing the game, so getting it for free on another platform isn’t going to happen. If you really want it, you will pay for it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Just because I own, say, Assassin's Creed Valhalla on XBox, that doesn't mean I'm entitled to a free PS4 version.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

In an ideal and honest world it would be enough to pay a fee (or service) to transfer our copy of the game from one platform to another. Simple and intuitive especially for digital software (eg delete TSW from Xbox database, activate TSW on Steam or Epic Games database).

In the world where we live even the y****s, perhaps to give themselves a tone, push the software houses to profit more and more. As if to say that if you have a current account on bank A you cannot decide to transfer your account on bank B (by paying for a service) but here you will have to deposit new money starting from scratch.

Modern society has invented thousands of services, some even ephemeral and redundant. No one has yet thought to streamline or remove the endless quibbles that are deposited on digital software to ***** you as much money as possible. You want to play Game A? They will tell you that you have to buy it back because 5% of the code differs from platform to platform. If people don't change these things, software houses certainly won't.

After all, everyone would like to earn double (or triple).

8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

You bought everything on one platform. If you want it on another platform than you will have to pay for the content like others do when they play on PS5/Xobox and PC. There is nothing unfair about it, that is the way it's supposed to work.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You got a license to use the game from Epic (same as I bought a license from Steam)
    These licenses are non-transferrable either between platforms (even between Epic and Steam which operate on the same machine), between stores (so Xbox to PS) or even between people (so you can't sell your steam license to someone else either)
    This is all in the license text which you likely didn't read (Same as everyone else) and just clicked accept (same as everyone else) as part of the sign up and/or purchase system

10. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

"I already bought it. I don't feel like buying it again"

You got it for free...

• Like Like x 4
  11. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Definitely not but wishful thinking;)

12. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

My god the entitlement. I can't even comprehend how someone would ask this question. Ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2