Adding Ap Sounds To Rollingstock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā, Aug 1, 2021.

1. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I've downloaded some wagons by fastline simulation from steam, have a couple of reskins and also some 4 wheeled wagons - However I'm not a fan of the sounds. I've installed both the AP 4 wheel and Old wagon sound pack but they only install to certain wagons. How do I go about aliasing these sounds to other wagons that don't use AP sounds?

Thanks

Jamie

2. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

OK I haven't done this for ages and it's just from a note I made myself in a text file, but I think you are looking for this value in the BIN file:

BogieAudioControlName

e.g. I just looked up 102t Class A Tank and it points to:

<BogieAudioControlName d:type="cDeltaString">AP\WagSP\Old\Audio\RailNetwork\Old Joints</BogieAudioControlName>

I suspect you could potentially edit that in the stock you've got and it might just work.

3. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Yep, I did that and it worked.

Now I just have to figure out how to do that to the US stock. I have krellnut wagon sounds installed but the joint sounds are the crappy DTG default "Clip clop" sounds when going over points. I know some of the sherman hill wagons and some of the wagons in the Woodhead Blue route use sounds which are more prototypical.

I'm guessing the same?