Not A Goodbye Forever, I'll Be Back One Day..

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by byeo, Aug 3, 2021.

1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Many of you probably won't care about this post but I hope some take the time to read it and understand my reasoning. I don't really contribute much on the forums but I've been around for a few years since I got TSW on console in 2018 (I think). I don't own every piece of DLC, always picking and choosing what I want to own but I have purchased a fair few routes at the day one price of £24.99 thus giving DTG plenty of my hard earned money. I've slated DTG when I felt it was necessary and praised them when I felt it was worthy.

The last route purchased was Southeastern High Speed and after much anticipation I was left slightly disappointed. The announcement of Rush Hour was exciting to me, the Brighton Main Line was a route I've wanted for a while and the Boston - Providence looked interesting (I'm not a fan of German routes). As Rush Hour creeps closer for some reason my enthusiasm has dwindled, I've not touched the game in a while and even started it to then turn it off without starting a service. I've made a decision to stop playing TSW 2 for the foreseeable future.

I can't put my finger on the reasons why I came to this decision, am I just bored of TSW and the routes or am I burned out? It could be all of them but my love for the game isn't what it once was. I think an extended break is what I need to reignite my passion for trains and TSW in general. A year or so away will hopefully do the trick, a whole bag of new routes, updates and maybe even Steam..

I want to thank DTG for the work they do, the entertainment they've given me over the past few years and hope they continue to keep pushing themselves further to make TSW a great game.

I'll try and stay off the forums but we'll see how long that lasts, they'll be plenty to catch up on if I came back around this time next year.

• Like Like x 13
  2. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it make sense to at least try the BML and Boston RH routes before you leave? As you say, you have a passion for trains and TSW (as do we all), you might be missing out on something you might really enjoy. If you don't like it once having played, then that's fair enough. The upcoming RH routes should, in theory, be very different to previous routes thanks to more trains passengers and variety.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Enjoy your break, hopefully when you return there will be plenty for you to enjoy and spark that enthusiasm again.

• Like Like x 18
  4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I hope you will come back at some point, sometimes a rest can be a good thing. Burnout can be serious but if you catch it early and get the rest needed you will recover.

5. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

i very like train game

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

I used to play a couple of hours each day every week, but between April and July I was barely playing, my most recent purchase was the Class 465. Last year I was so excited for TSW2, this year especially after the recent announcement, I barely think about Rush Hour. I think, because of the poor decisions with Hamburg Lubeck and Arosa being awful, my love for the game had almost gone. I'm cautiously optimistic about London Brighton, I hope DTG don't disappoint

• Like Like x 4
  7. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

im in the same boat. I’ve already had a 2 month break and after I buy Cathcart and use it a lot I fear I’ll go back into a state of boredom, I guess. the rush hour season ticket might keep me playing if I buy it, as the content is spread out

• Like Like x 2
  8. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I don’t play every day, but when I do, I tend to pick a random route and just load up the next journey. That way the variety kind of keeps it fresh. I’ve done most of the journeys on Sand Patch but can’t bring myself to go up and down that same hill any more, it just gets so mind-numbingly boring (unless there is alcohol involved). Cane Creek is the only route I do not possess, the thought of crawling along through miles of desolate nothingness does not inspire a purchase!

• Like Like x 1
  9. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I've had times when I've also felt the need to step away from not only TSW, but video games in general.
    Take a break and if you're passionate about trains, I bet you'll be back on a virtual train soon. TSW is like a vice that is hard to get rid of, although it's a good vice that doesn't hurt anyone (well, only a little bit to the wallet, but nothing serious :)).

• Like Like x 4
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Good Bye-o, come back soon when the withdrawal symptoms set in!

• Like Like x 7
  11. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

play every day tsw2

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Play chess and you will look at TSW from a different perspective - an action game? It works for me. best regards \o/

• Like Like x 2
  13. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Just take a month off i don't see why you should do a year. When you love the trains even if you don't play the sim all the time you still feel the need and pleasure of driving them at least a few times per week in a simulator, being TS , Trainz or TSW.
    As alternative invite a friend or more and take turns in playing TSW while talking about trains and other stuff. Driving trains with a friend or more is even more entertaining than playng alone and that might give a little push in order for you to find the rail spark again :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I only play maybe 6-8 hours a week of games. But lately not TSW as much but thats because I know once the update comes out and Rush Hour I will go back. The problem with me is that I have a Series X and I know my graphics can and will be better once thats all released.

Just since I've upgraded I seem to be really picky about the draw distance in particular and just little graphical things.
    Like the donkey in SEHS we can't see it because our camera can't view that far.

So just because I know there is a better version on the way with better graphics I just seem to be putting off playing because its just so close.

That and MSFS was released and free on gamepass. So I've been playing that more.

But I know I will jump right back in to playing TSW way more as soon as the update comes out.

I just seem to really like trains more than planes. If you asked me 15 years ago I would have said planes but now....

15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I did a similar thing with Run 8, was really into it especially the industry serving side then one evening felt burned out, sick of the sight of it and haven’t been back on it since. Must admit since rather belatedly discovering Snowrunner all the train games have gone on the back burner.

16. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Snowrunner is one fantastic game. It just checks all the marks, audio, graphics, physics, can go from relaxing but also tense and challenging. And the mood and the scenery on most maps are just awe inspiring.

• Like Like x 1