Error Message "failed To Create Profile"

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by headshot#6275, Aug 3, 2021.

1. headshot#6275

headshot#6275 New Member

Description
    I'm a new player to tsw2 on epic games as it became free there, I tried opening the game and playing it but I always get the same "Failed to Create Profile" error every time I try to enter a name to make a new profile like the game tells me to, I got this error each and every time I tried to reinstall the game, verify files, allow through the firewall, restart the pc and the game, and nothing would work, please I'd like to get some help if someone knows how to fix this.
    Steps
    I don't do anything special to cause this problem, at least from what I know.
    I only double click the game icon on my desktop, it opens, i skip the cutscenes, choose how my character would looks, press on create profile

Result
    after I enter the name I want I get the same error message every time, doesn't matter what name or what numbers or symbols I out in it.

Expectaion

What I expect is to enter the name I want and it'll make a new profile instead of giving me the same error for every name I give it.

Attached Files:

2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Welp another TSW2 player has found its way to the fishing forum again

3. DTG Benjamin

DTG Benjamin Staff Member

Hi there!

You've stumbled into the Fishing Forums - Welcome! Your best bet would be to post this in the Trains forums!

Thanks,

Benjamin

• Like Like x 1
  4. murruzz#2467

murruzz#2467 New Member

i have the same problem what is the solution

5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

It's possible dovetail live is just overwhelmed at the moment with new registrations. Try waiting a while. There was a post in announcements that suggests there's a lot of registrations at the moment.

6. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I think this is not about a profile at dovetail live. You need to create a profile in the game to play it, and it seems the version in the epic store is bugged (considering other posts about this issue).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  7. headshot#6275

headshot#6275 New Member

yes it is about creating it in the game, sorry for not being fully clear, i assume its just something with the game version of epic games because i also had problems with some other games on EG like mudrunner MP, guess ill just have to wait for maybe someone of the staff team

8. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

The most common cause of the "Failed to Create Profile" error is Windows Defender. Every Windows 10 user should have Windows Defender enabled, unless they have replaced it with a third-party solution.

Windows Defender will automatically block access to any new application unless the user opts to "Allow Access" when prompted by a notification like the one below.

[​IMG]
    Ticks the boxes (private/public) which are applicable to the network you are connected to and then press "Allow access" for Train Sim World 2. If the notification is closed or dismissed, it will automatically block the application.

How to manually allow an app through Windows Defender
    1. Right-click on the Start menu and go to Settings.
    2. Go to Update & Security, Windows Security, then Firewall & network protection.
    3. Click on Allow an app through the firewall
    4. Find Train Sim World 2 in the list
    5. Click on Change settings
    6. Place a tick in both the Public and Private columns (Depending on the network type you are using)
    7. Press OK.
    If you are using a third-party solution, please refer to their own documentation. If you have any further issues, please submit a ticket to support.

9. headshot#6275

headshot#6275 New Member

Well, that is a problem cause when looking through all the firewall list, I am unable to find Train Sim World 2 in there, I have went through it several times and I couldn't find it, very strange