How Will The Ps5 Version Arrive?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Stephen Crofts, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

My question is this- how will it arrive?

Will it download automatically, and overwrite the ps4 version (even though the ps4 version sits in a backward compatibility zone of the SSD)? If it does this then we need to back up our profile, scenarios and liveries now just in case we can copy them over later.

Will we have to go and get it from the store because it is seen as a separate title to the ps4 version? (Although it would be free to download because we already own the ps4 version)

Will it download automatically and leave us with 2 copies of TSW2, one being the ps4 copy, in which case how do we get to tell them apart?

Anyone more familiar with this process know how it's worked with other games?

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

My understanding so far is that it’s a completely separate download, meaning you can have the PS4 & PS5 versions on the PS5 at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

I can’t answer these definitively, but I’d imagine you’ll have two separate games, but since the saves don’t carry over it’ll be quite easy to tell which is which when you open the wrong one.

To add to your questions though: Will all the DLC have to be re-released as PS5 versions to work with the PS5 base game? If so, the PS store is about to get messy as hell.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

DA831A57-85E8-4DD7-BC70-ECC64D461DD0.jpeg The row of dots next to the option to launch the game “should” offer the option to swap from 4 to 5 versions of the game. Once clicked rather than store browsing, just look for add one’s further down and you find all DLC entitled to or for sale there. Store is totally different on the 5 but add ons here are the easiest way to find. TheTipsyRaccoon ininage the DLC will be needed again but swapping as above then down to add ons should be simple enough to find and download again.

my example above. Had the game on the PS4 and the PS5 knows this.

so to answer the OP, yeah two versions will be present on the system. The 5 version should be easy to find in the store by simply looking at 5 titles

New set of trophies of course and now walking on eggshells… new profile :o

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  5. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Nothing hurts me more than having to start the trophies again, and watching the PS4 version on my trophy list remain unfinished, but hell no I’m not doing both, and hell no I’m not staying on the PS4 version when it’ll eventually get left behind so sadly, no choice but to bite the bullet and upgrade.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I’m on the fence about the upgrade, can’t wait for it but at the same time progress and trophy’s… yikes.
    Maybe once I get the plat I’ll move over…. but thinking about it I don’t want the long wait to enjoy the upgrade. Arrghhhh :D

• Like Like x 2