Inselbahn: Stralsund Hbf - Sassnitz/binz On Ruegen(germany)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by clemenstrain Nr. 9036, Aug 1, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, I'll buy it and I like it.

18 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No, it's not interesting for me.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. clemenstrain Nr. 9036

clemenstrain Nr. 9036 Member

Dear Community,
    Today I want to propose the island railway from Stralsund Hbf over the old Rügen dam to the largest German holiday island Rügen. Rügen is known for its chalk coast. The idea came to me because I'm on vacation here and the area is beautiful. I am also planning to write an article on the "Rasenden Roland" - interesting for the Spirit of Steam addon.

[​IMG]

The route leads from Stralsund, a Hanseatic city, "the gateway to Ruegen", past the huge Ruegen bridge to the romantic island of Ruegen. There the route leads to Sassnitz - the city on the chalk cliffs and the Jasmund national park. From there a small branch leads via Prora - the gigantic bathing metropolis of the Nazis to Ostseebad Binz. One could also depict the Sassnitz ferry port, where Deutsche Bahn parks many trains and freight trains rarely go there. There is regional traffic on the route with the RE9 from Rostock It stops everywhere and is served by the ODEG class 4746. [PICTURE]
    [​IMG]

There is also long-distance traffic on the route. In long-distance traffic, individual circuits of the lines ICE 26.1, IC 27, IC 30 and IC 51 stop at the stations in Stralsund and Bergen and continue to Ostseebad Binz. The ICE trains usually run with class 411 [ICE T] -Tilting trains multiple units; the IC trains are usually hauled by class 101 or 120 electric locomotives.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    main features
    68 km stretch from Stralsund to Sassnitz and the Baltic resort of Binz
    DB BR 120 in DB's traffic red livery
    DB BR 155 in the DB's traffic red livery
    DB BR 143 in clean, weathered and heavily weathered traffic red livery of the DB Double-deck (DoSto) wagons and control cars in clean, weathered and heavily weathered traffic red paint for the DB Regio ARkimbz, Avmz & Bmpz cars in DB Intercity livery Eanos x052, Kkt & Ktmm bulk goods wagons in DB livery Shimmns & Habbins wagons in different liveries SGGRSS-B container wagons in different liveries
    Notable places like: Strelasund crossing Small Jasmunder Bodden near Lietzow Sassnitz-Mukran freight yard

I hope you like my suggestion. I link you to Wikipedia articles in German for more information. I wish you a nice summer and I'm already looking forward to the Riesa Dresden railway line, although I think it's bad that it has been shortened. Greetings and hope for this route,
    Clemens
    [created with google translate]

Bahnstrecke Stralsund–Sassnitz – Wikipedia
    Bahnstrecke Lietzow–Ostseebad Binz – Wikipedia
    Stralsund Hauptbahnhof – Wikipedia
    Bahnhof Ostseebad Binz – Wikipedia
    ÖBB/Raaberbahn/ODEG 4744/4746 – Wikipedia
    ICE T – Wikipedia
    DB-Baureihe 101 – Wikipedia
    DB-Baureihe 120 – Wikipedia
    Rügen – Wikipedia
    Fährhafen Sassnitz – Wikipedia

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. dr4w4t

dr4w4t Member

I would love to have this route in TSW2!

3. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

I've ridden this route before. Very scenic! Stralsund Hbf is super old-school and the bridge across to the island of Ruegen is super cool, there's also ferry's in between Stralsund and Ruegen that would be a nice touch across the water!