What Type Of Scenarios Would You Like To See In Tsw2?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dezzy1, Aug 4, 2021.

1. dezzy1

dezzy1 Member

What scenarios would you like to see in tsw2? I thing things like accidents on the line would be cool. It will play a normal scenario making the player not expect anything and then something goes wrong on the track EG: car hit on level crossing. Also things like emergency evacuations in tunnels would be a cool feature to add too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Accidents and licensed content don't make good bedfellows...
    Nobody wants to "play" where people may have been hurt

Failure of equipment, track repairs or similar maybe. I think the most "accidental thing" I've seen in game is a fallen tree but you could include things like flooding or other reasons for diversion

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about voltage change failure that can be included standard on Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway where the track will not switch between 15kv 16.7hz 25kv 50hz or before 2016 at Emmerich Station 15kv 16.7hz will not switch to 1.5kv DC. Even Aachen Hbf end of Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen is a Voltage change tracks 3kv DC SNCB to Deutsche Bahn 15kv 16.7hz tracks 6-9 provided Liège Aachen line 37 is built electrified in May 1966 like Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen.
    Another excellent scenario is this you drop the one locomotive for 15kv 16.7hz 25kv 50hz then drive the other locomotive on a different Voltage 3kv DC SNCB Memor II TBL or NS 1.5kv DC ATB at a station. Example is Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway where you have ÖBB1293 200 Nightjet drop the Amsterdam Innsbruck Wien Hbf sleeper train at Utrecht CS then you operate NS1600 family Amsterdam Utrecht CS segment. That one would simply play like Building America SPG scenario 120 min. Provided DTG copied Train Sim 21 LGV Méditerranée with Rhone Alps style gameplay.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. KREEG911

KREEG911 New Member

Hello, my name is Yaroslav I am from Russia. I would like to offer you an idea in a loose way and a minimal framework in implementation.
    If you look at what you are doing here, it is all very difficult and really exists.
    There is such a film and TV series "Snowpiercer".
    There is a train with a wider gauge of about 6 meters and a thousand carriages, the only simulation is on the track and the simulation of the train itself will be difficult. The train is large which emphasizes the complexity and challenge. The main thing is to stick to the interiors and the rest in free creative. You don't need a plot, you just need a map as large as possible where there will be only one snow and which landscapes you decide for yourself.A good DLC would come out. It is not always the same to stay within the framework of the simulator, given that the best is still Train Simulator /[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

Try sending this to off-topic chat

6. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Add a working crane car to the game so players could handle a derailment or clear the tracks of debris after a storm. A rotary snowplow could be an awesome vehicle to add. Perhaps a Donner Pass or Alaska route could include the snowplow. What about track maintenance? We could actually drive track repair vehicles and fix a section of track in a scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  7. driverwoods#1787

Good choices and if you are wondering what is needed on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen Frankfurt Am Main Extension Schnellfahrstrecke Rhein-Main Main ICE-S ICE-TD test trains. Also Network Rail Yellow HST Class 313 and Class 150. That just leaves out Southeast high speed ebbsfleet St Pancras and LGV Méditerranée TGV Iris 320 due to TVM-430 KVB VACMA installed on those routes. Those are tracks high speed trains. Looking for a Rescue locomotives on high speed routes you have a choice of BB67400 LGV Méditerranée DB BR218 with LZB Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen and possibly Schnellfahrstrecke Rhein-Main DTG abbreviation SRM.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kevint1972

kevint1972 Member

I've been on a train that hit a fallen tree, on the Tonbridge to Strood line in Kent, and we had to be evacuated across a makeshift bridge to another train. That might be interesting. I would love to see passenger-related scenarios. Having lived in London, I've seen many trains stopped because of fights and other incidents and the transport police called. I suppose it depends how advanced DTG want to go with the passenger NPCs. What if someone rings an alarm on the train for example, and you have to stop it and then go through all the carriages to identify the problem and then call it in and possibly continue to the next station to meet the police or an ambulance?

• Like Like x 1
  9. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Few random events which would make the timetable services more enjoyable/varied/add additonal immersion.

Such as

1) Random events like Temporary Track Speed Limits, ie when loaded up get prompts say Temp 30mile speed restriction between MP30 & MP31.
    2) AI trains running late causing knock on delays to our service.
    3) In the event of driving a commuter or frieght service randomly being held at signals and sidings to allow delayed high priority services to pass.
    4) Last minute additional stops due to cancelled service or being told to miss stops out due to late running etc.
    6) AI Breakdowns blocking paths and causing backlogs (admittedly licenses may prevent this one, can see the likes of train manufactures not wanting their products seen in a bad light).
    6) Random late departures and the need to try and catch up time.
    7) Signal and points failures.
    8) Platform alterations.

• Like Like x 1