Any Of You Own The Disc Version Of The Collector's Edition? My Dlc For It Says 'installed' Not Owned

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bobaaganoosh, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Bobaaganoosh

Bobaaganoosh Member

Do any of you own the disc version for TSW2, the Collector's Edition? If so, can you look at your DLC routes in the Xbox Store and see if yours says 'installed' as well? I feel like it should say 'own'. This has me worried for say the possibility of when TSW3 comes out down the road, the routes I actually own with the CE, they won't transfer to TSW3 one day. If you buy the game digitally, you actually own the game and the routes that come with it. But, if you own the disc, it doesn't say you own it.

2. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

All physical games have the "installed" & rather insulting "buy to own" messages on the store page... It's just a Microsoft thing so fear not, you own the game with exactly the same rights as the digital equivalent..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2021
  3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Games will say "installed" if you have you have it installed. If you own it and it is not installed it would show up as "owned".

4. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Physical installations have an extra "buy to own" tab on XBox store, which gives the (very) misleading impression that you don't have the same ownership rights as the digital equivalent... I think having a physical copy and seeing that message was the op's concern.

5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a good point. I don't think the store quite knows that disks exist to be fair :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bobaaganoosh

Bobaaganoosh Member

I'm just wondering if a TSW3 ever comes out, and routes will transfer how they do from 2020, that physical disc players won't have their routes transfer over In the future.

7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

If you did the transfer to TSW2 those routes would have been upgraded to digital versions. So a future game could read from TSW2 rights, not TSW2020.

8. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

If you check the store edition of the game you have it should say the same for that too because you haven't bought your game digitally, therefore there is no digital marker against your game or dlc routes that came with it. If you check the store version of every game you own the physical copy of that's installed you'll get the same for each and every one of them. You own it all but you bought physical instead of digitally from the store so your licence for the game is on the disc, not a digital marker.