Nec: Bp Catenary

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

In last night's stream (at about 53 minutes in) we've been told the currently incorrect gantries are being worked on and will be replaced with the correct ones. Now, this is probably the first time we've heard about such a large-scale change to the route as it's pretty much a replacement throughout the whole length of it. And it's supposed to be finished after NEC: BP release.

So I would like to ask - can we count on this getting finished? After the likes of CRR SD40 horn (how's that one going?), BKL timetable (turned out undoable) and BRD (we all remember this one...) there's very little trust in promises and this is a big factor of the new route. So if anyone from DTG would be willing to confirm this is definitely coming (hopefully sooner than later), it would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 6
  2. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

It's gotten to the point where whenever they announce something is coming after release, I just accept that it's not coming

• Like Like x 14
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In this case, however, the catenary replacement is being done by a 3rd party with nothing else on his plate other than that job, so I expect it actually will get done. Of course, then there's actually getting it released.........

• Like Like x 3
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

*looks at Rivet and Arosa* :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

in this case it's an individual

6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I know and I believe he is doing an honest job there, but it's still only one guy for the entirety of the overhead lines. I would just like someone to say "yes, you can count on this one coming out"

7. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Nothing is ever guaranteed.

We have contracted the original author of the track work on this route to work on the overheads and he was delighted to do so as it annoyed him greatly also :) Therefore, there are no other DTG priorities that can get in the way - he is going at his own speed. He's already made good progress with what's in the build right now - and that included learning how the tools worked.

I have every confidence in a great success. But I can't give you any guarantees.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Understandable, but this sounds good I'd say. :)

9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt
    Remember to include the Dosto Cab Car on Rhein Ruhr Osten what is since release in TSW 2020 missed, what you guys want fixed for some Time :o

• Like Like x 1
  10. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

DB628 Please open your own Thread for that. What has Rhine-Ruhr Osten to do with Boston Sprinter? Exactly, nothing. Cool, thanks.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Can I just ask how on Earth they failed this badly in the research department? I at least understand a case like LGV, it's inaccurate, but that's by choice to save on budget. This on the other hand I just don't get. There's more than enough photos of the area to find at least one or two photos showing the overhead line well enough to know whether or not they're the correct type. How does a team who's job it is to research a route fail to check what type of overhead lines there are? Something's seriously wrong at that department if such massive oversight can happen.
    Said person's the one who laid all the track for the route, and for Washington - Baltimore in TS Classic. He also just did a complete rework of the signals for the latter route as well. It might be a tad time consuming sure (said signal rework took a few months for example), but redoing the overhead lines isn't a insane task for one person by any stretch.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Btw it's always nice to see that a talented developer of TS now starts the learning curve on how to develop for TSW. Because TSW only gets better with that. I hope more of these talented people join TSW. This could make TSW in future better, more diverse and leaves the opportunity for more 3rd party devs.

• Like Like x 2
  13. upstatenyrailfan

upstatenyrailfan Member

Any further updates on the on the Clinchfield SD40 RS3L horn? I fully understand there is other priorities going on :) I just happened to be curious what occurred with that idea.

• Like Like x 1