Train Sim World Or Train Sim Classic

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Irish Train sim, Aug 7, 2021.

?
  1. Prefer TSW

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. Prefer a mixture of TSW similar to TSW classic

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Would people prefer a version of Train Sim world version mixed with elements of Train Sim classic? What I mean by this is starting a scenario/route in the cab and effectively, not having a character to exit the train, walk around platforms etc. You would still be able to view stations, get camera angles for your screenshots through the free camera. I believe the benefits of this would free up a lot of memory resulting in freeing up layers, longer routes similar to train sim classic etc whilst still having the better graphical performance of TSW. I’m not a developer by any means but my thinking behind this is the developers could spend more time on the route that we could drive instead of walking around platforms/stations looking for collectibles that some of us don’t really care about. It would be possible to do, not any time soon but could be done for 2022 version of TSW. What is people’s thoughts on this?

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

That barely changes anything as the camera for you to walk around is just like the free roam and the other cameras only with that camera is your fixed to the ground so you still need the detail that you have of tsw 2

3. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

And then what do you do to change cabs, use external controls, etc.? Or to explore the environment without a train. I would much prefer TSW as it is.

4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It depends what you enjoy when it comes to the two games , there are very different

5. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

They are, for me personally, I enjoy both. There are things that I enjoy more about Train Sim classic and vice versa. Feel as though certain things in TSW could be removed from the game that would help memory optimisation, and enjoy the game just as much, the collectables as an example.

6. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

Personally TSW as its actually a train driver simulator where you walk to the train sit down in the seat etc, it's more immersive which goes a long way in my opinion. Take racing games which are my thing more than anything, in Codemasters F1 games you're in the garage in quali setting up the car as the engineers around you go about their job and they're on the grid before the race giving it an authentic race day feel. Does it make the racing any better? No, of course not but it makes you feel like the driver rather than in Gran Turismo, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars etc where you go from menu screen to race with nothing in between. I actually wish more racing games would take the TSW approach and simulate you being the driver rather than the vehicle.