Little Details Matter

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kenobi#1878, Aug 7, 2021.

1. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

I bought Cathcart the other day and when I saw the class 380 stop markers I was shocked, I just didn’t expect a little detail like that to be there, well done DTG, you get to keep having my money

• Like Like x 2
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Watch the horde below saying we "need" a 380.
    (P.S. we don't.)

But it has to be said, the little details like this on Cathcart - adding to virtually everything being fabulous - make this route imo the best. So far ECW is close, but GCC edges it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

For once I’m gonna agree with you , instead of create a pointless argument . We don’t need a 380 at all , the route has everything it needs atm , but it would be a nice addition and a day one purchase for me . My favourite route would probably be HBL , apart from the few bugs which can be annoying , but not game-breaking , it’s a wonderful route . Decent length , lots of variety , and engaging . BML may well become my favourite once it releases , I’ve never been so hyped for a route !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I've heard good things about Cathcart, but is it really so good it only needs one train?

I'm quite enjoying SEHS at the moment, but the thing I like best is the mix of traffic which came from buying it in the sale along with the 465. I'm not a big fan of the limited view (and ugly faces) of the door-through cabs, but I can deal with the fairly open view from the 375 and actually, it adds a great variety alongside the 465 and 395. The windows on the Cathcart 314s look like they'd give a narrower view than the newer trains so not sure I'd want that to be my only view of such a detailed route.

I might consider it if they do add more trains.

5. trainsimplayer

It's not that it's do good it doesnt need anymore trains, it just doesn't.

In 2014 (when it's set) the 314 operated all services except a couple at Peak times. Also, the 380 is better off coming with another route, rather than a DLC (in fact I'm going to make a thread about that, i repeat this all over but have to repeat constantly).
    But Cathcart is fantastic route regardless.

(P.S. the 380's view is rather narrow anyway)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  6. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

Peak times cover quite a lot of the day. The 380 is also used on the Ayrshire coast line, Inverclyde and I think Paisley as well which would fill a portion of AI trains going in and out of Central Station so it doesn't look weird with just 314's going to and from. While Cathcart is a good route it can easily be improved and one of the things that would improve it is more rolling stock

7. trainsimplayer

yes, but the 380s only ran between a few services, because the computers in the loco can't handle the constant stops. So, in the year Cathcart is set, you'd practically be paying for an AI pack, with a few services on top.
    Yes, they were. However, if the 380 should ever come to the game, it should come with one of those, rather than being a DLC that either: A) Prevents them routes coming or B) is eventually devalued by coming with a route (something a lot would complain about)

Also, Paisley Canal was usually ran by 314s, the 380s ran at peak (and actually did more than like 6 services)

I don't think I ever said it wouldn't be better to have more rolling stock? It's just that a loco DLC is the worst option.