PC Invisible Wall In Bay Area Breakdown

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ScottN, Mar 10, 2021.

1. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

There’s an invisible wall preventing me from getting to the train on the Bay Area Breakdown scenario.

2. Selimbaba

Selimbaba Member

Same problem foe me on PS4

3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

That's not the only occasion where an invisible wall stops you walking around at the San Francisco station. This also annoyed me when I was looking for the collectibles.
    In the scenario, it took me several retries until I waited for the task of going to the locomotive to come up. But maybe I was just lucky. ^^

4. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

I was able to get past this the first time by changing controllers. That didn’t work the second time.

5. dr20

dr20 New Member

Happens to me as well on PC with keyboard and mouse.

6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Same issue, PC, keyboard and mouse. Unable to run the scenario. Tried using the XBOX controller as well. This is real bad....

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  7. pinter

pinter Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

This repeats and even following the workaround in the other thread I haven’t been able to achieve this yet.

9. dr20

dr20 New Member

Actually, it's not just the scenario. If starting out on foot in San Francisco I mostly hit the same invisible wall as well.

10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This is a known issue across all platforms and not just pc

11. pinter

pinter Member

Resurrecting this thread since TrainSim-Adam mentioned in the stream today that they were unable to repro this issue. If I start the "Bay Area Breakdown" scenario and walk directly forward, I get stuck. I just did this and recorded a video, but don't have a place to upload it.

Were you unable to repro this in the current production build, or with the updated Unreal engine?

12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

To be fair, I’ve never encountered this issue on Pen Corridor. I completed all scenarios without problem.

13. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Thanks Pinter.
    My latest tests were on the UE4.26 PC version yes. I am able to fully navigate the station to all extremes (though not work through any of the open double doors, that is out of bounds for the player). I have also investigated reports of an invisible diagonal wall across the end of some of the platforms hampering MP15 services in the timetable.

14. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

You say you couldn't reproduce the invisible wall problem, with the current build I got stuck when I spawned on foot at 11.30am

15. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Cheers Rich. Just gave that a try and didn't get stuck. I'll try these instructions again in other builds tomorrow as well.

16. pinter

pinter Member

Thanks for the quick reply Adam. I'm looking forward to playing more of Peninsula Corridor once the Preservation Crew finishes this round of updates.

BTW I should have clarified that I was on the current Steam release.

17. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

This issue isn't just in the scenario, it's also present in timetable mode. Everytime I try to get out of the cab of a soutbound train just to turn on the marker lights in the cab car, I always get stuck.:(

18. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

Even I have this same problem. When I choose timetable mode and I jump out of the locomotive to walk to the carriages on the platform, I get dragged to the side due to an invisible wall on the platform. The invisible wall is not there when selected the cab car. The solution I tried in order to get over the invisible wall issue is playing the explore on foot mode.

However, the explore on foot mode is difficult for me since I can't correspond the trains waiting at each platform to the timetable of the services. I would like Dovetail Games to add the digital Real Time Information at the station platforms to show the departures of every train so that in passenger mode it is easy to use the explore on foot setting.