Very Important Question For Ps4 Xbox One Players!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Birita, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Is our consoles get a increase in performance or not with this core upgrade????( This is not about passengers numbers on Rush Hour ).

Ps: I Wonder if DTG thinks that we are supporting this game going foward if the answer is no...
    Only buying Rush after playtesting where i know is lacking. ( If is the same...well...)

• Like Like x 1
  2. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

It's being upgraded to a newer version of Unreal Engine so there will probably be a slight increase in performance as a consequence but nothing major.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

It will be a break or make moment for Ps4/XboxOne owners in my view. I mean How can they expect for us to continue dumping money in this game If nothing changes?

• Like Like x 1
  4. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

If nothing changes? Well now, let's not act like there's an entire engine upgrade and Rush Hour bundle on the way.
    If you're a long time player of TSW, you'll notice a ton of quality-of-life improvements that's coming with the new update.
    Whether or not you think it's a good game is up for debate. But one cannot doubt that there is some progress being made.

Regarding the original post, those who are still on last gen consoles (myself included) should expect some kind of improvement from the update.
    Of course, there is the update to UE version 4.26, but there has also been ongoing optimization work to memory usage within TSW. I believe the whole passenger overhaul should also bring some performance improvement as well.

However, keep in mind that on last gen consoles the game will still be targeting around 30 FPS.
    What this means is that we should still expect to get roughly the same framerate as we do right now, but there should be less stutter and framerate dips. It should basically be a much more stable experience.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Tbh is more than time for this game to be running in a more stable experience for last gen users...keep in mind that IS the SAME game (TSW) launched in 2018 that we had to buy again for the New engine! Lets put It this way: We dont need the game we want it, we love it but dont need it...DTG NEEDS us (last gen users money). The "improvements" needs to be felt in the gameplay...not the UI...lets wait and see...i am hoping for the better...

• Like Like x 1
  6. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

And settings set to PC low, so draw distance will still be a factor. No DFS and currently no layers coming for PS4 or XB1

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Exactly...at least give us a better performance overall and a more stable one!
    Right?

• Like Like x 1
  8. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I do agree but just keep in mind that the PS4 and Xbox one released in 2013 which makes them almost 10 years old, I would expect improvements but I’d also temper expectations.

9. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

I feel like dtg are squeezing every ounce they can to get performance out of the consoles with regards to layers when it was accidentally put on hamburg for last gen everyone was moaning about having crashes or poor performance hence why we weren't supposed to have them. They can improve the game as much as possible but they can never improve the hardware that's being played on