Ahrtalbahn (kbs 477): (bonn) - Remagen - Ahrbrück - (adenau) (with Br 620)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cadeshr6s, Aug 9, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    90.5%
  2. Maybe it it's on sale

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Ahrbrück

Contents:
    • The Route
      • General description
    • Services
    • Rolling Stock
      • What comes with the route?
        • DB BR 620 (Alstom Coradia LINT 81)
        • DB BR 622 (Alstom Coradia LINT 54)
      • DLC
        • DB BR 643 (Bombardier Talent)
    • Conclusion
    • Pictures
    • Credits

Route
    [​IMG]

General description

The Ahrtalbahn is partly double-track and non-electrified branch line in the Ahrtal valley, which originally ran from Remagen to Adenau. It was connected to the Eifel route by other routes, which have been closed down and dismantled. It was severely damaged during the flooding of the Ahr on 14 July 2021 and has been partially impassable ever since. By the end of 2021, it is to be put back into operation between Remagen and Walporzheim. Between Walporzheim and Ahrbrück it was completely destroyed and has to be rebuilt in part. Deutsche Bahn wants to make the reconstruction resilient, which may lead to a partial neutralization. The Hönningen-Adenau section was closed in 1985 and the Ahrbrück-Hönningen section in 1999.

Services
    This route features regional services.

RB 30 (Rhein-Ahr-Bahn)

Bonn Hbf - Bonn UN Campus - Bonn-Bad Godesberg - Bonn-Mehlem - Oberwinter - Remagen - Bad Bodendorf - Heimersheim - Bad Neuenahr - Ahrweiler - Ahrweiler Markt - Walporzheim - Dernau - Rech - Mayschoß - Altennahr - Kreuzberg (Ahr) - Ahrbrück
    every 60 min

RB 39 (Ahrtalbahn)
    Remagen - Bad Bodendorf - Heimersheim - Bad Neuenahr - Ahrweiler - Ahrweiler Markt - Walporzheim - Dernau
    every 60 min

Rolling Stock
    What comes with the route?

DB BR 620 (Alstom Coradia LINT 81)
    [​IMG]

DB BR 622 (Alstom Coradia LINT 54)
    [​IMG]

The Alstom Coradia LINT is a family of diesel railcars. The acronym “LINT” stands for “Light Innovative Local Railcars. ” The LINT was designed by Linke-Hofmann-Busch (LHB) and will be sold as part of the Alstom Coradia product family following the acquisition of LHB by Alstom. The LINT has a top speed of 140 km/h and is known as the LINT 54 (BR 622) 54.27 m long and 2-piece and as LINT 81 (BR 620) 80.92 m long and 3-piece.

DLC
    DB BR 643 (Bombardier Talent)
    [​IMG]

The Bombardier Talent is a family of railcars manufactured by Bombardier Transportation (formerly Talbot Waggonfabrik). “Talent” is an acronym for Talbot’s light railcars. The Talent has a top speed of 120 km/h and is 52.16 m long and 3-piece.

Conclusion
    I would like to see this route in TSW 2, because it runs through the beautiful tranquil Ahr Valley and reflects the beauty of a branch line very well. For this I think we need slowly in the TSW 2 times a few diesel railcars and diesel line.

Pictures
    [​IMG]

Br 622 on the Ahrtalbahn

[​IMG]
    Br 620 on the Ahrtalbahn

Credits
    The Credits for the Layout of my Suggestion go to jolojonasgames.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  2. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I like the route, because it is very scenic. For me, the downside would be that the locos are rather monotonous (with Talents and LINTS running there, but no freight, no shunting, etc.), similar to Cathcart. Maybe it would be worthwhile considering the part of the Linke Rheinstrecke between Bonn and Remagen as well. This would add approximately 20 km of track to the suggestion, but there would be loads of variety (BR 101 with IC, Dostos, Freight services, ...). I think then it would be a stunner.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cadeshr6s

I totaly agree but I think also as standalone it would be nice.

4. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

A bit weird that this suggestion gets posted only two weeks after major parts of the route have been destroyed by flooding.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cadeshr6s

I did Not even know before I researched for the Suggestion