Simrail 2021 Vs Tsw2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arapajoe3, Oct 13, 2020.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Well, excuse me then, I guessed I misinterpreted their comments on stream. Thanks for correcting me.

2. RailRoadEngineer

RailRoadEngineer Member

Yesterday, Devs at discord showed us new screenshot including editor.
    A word of note - SDK will contain several editors, a track or roads are created in an external tool against the background of satellite images, while the environment is a plug-in for the editor built into the Unity engine. We can generate terrain (shape and paint), vegetation, roads, power lines, water reservoirs, rivers and buildings using geodetic data with a few clicks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. JarkPomsky

JarkPomsky Member

Since I found out about this game I stopped buying add-ons for tsw.

• Like Like x 6
  4. robbo2k

robbo2k Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I don't want to brag about the advantages of any simulator, nor do I want to downplay the disadvantages of any simulator. The only thing DTG disappointed me was that the route was too short. The new simulator will take at least a few years to complete the new ecology, which may allow DTG to accelerate the pace and speed of the development of the simulated train world. This is very beneficial to our players, so we don't have to worry about waiting for a new route for months.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

If you would ever have built a route for a TS, you would know, that this will not happen. Speeding up development of a route only ends in lower quality of it. It will not produce longer and/or better routes. You can't put 100 people onto a single route. That is not working well. The smaller a route building team is, the better the route will be quality wise. Give that team more time and the route could also be longer. That's it. Nothing more. Simrail will not change that old principle.

• Like Like x 11
  7. 59321747

Please don't get me wrong. What I want to show is the speed of development. I think they will add more developers to keep the simulation train world fresh.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

You could increase the route building speed with specialized tools - map overlay, terrain generation, object population, etc. come to mind.
    Plus over the last year, there were hints in DTG Live articles pointing to new tools and technologies to help improve the route building productivity.

• Like Like x 1
  9. robbo2k

robbo2k Member

SimRail will have one Warsaw-Silesia route on the published fragments there are stations: Warszawa centralna - Dabrowa Górnicza - Sosnowiec - Katowice These stations are separated by 300 km (via CMK (HSR)). The routes built into simrail must be about 500 km The locomotives are Traxx, EU07, ED250 (Pendolino).

100 people can be divided into 10 teams making 10 routes.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

Source?

11. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Well done, and same for me.

• Like Like x 3
  12. helderbrincolas

Poor DTG ahahahaah. Sim Rail will smash TsW, looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 5
  13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yet that hasn't stopped you from complaining about all those DLCs you allegedly haven't bought.

• Like Like x 13
  14. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Thy better have some devs working on extreme optimization since Unity can be absolutely horrendous when performance is taken into account. If you guys think TSW has some FPS issues, wait till a game like TSW is released in Unity ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. helderbrincolas

My last purshase was sehs, but someone seems salty ahahahah, chill out

• Like Like x 3
  16. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Wow talk about bashing. If your looking forward to TSW's 'demise' (unlikely considering TSW doesn't only cater to Poland), why play TSW? :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Honestly, that's nothing. I popped into the SimRail official discord a week or so ago, it's extremely toxic towards anything DTG and TSW related. So much so that there was very little actual discussion on SimRail at all... I think I joined, rolled my eyes and left in the span of five minutes.

Anyway, the SimRail editor sounds pretty good for those interested in it but as someone who isn't into that side of things, they've yet to convince me into purchasing their game. Until they show off more to convince me, TSW will remain my simulator of choice with a bit of TS on the side.

• Like Like x 4
  18. trainsimplayer

Jeez, that's bad. Ah well. At least we don't have an 11 page thread on their game...

Right?

Right?

In fact I don't think that's a fair comparison, this thread is generally just a discussion.

• Like Like x 2
  19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Is simrail's editor public?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. tallboy7648

And from what was discussed about autogen, the reason why it was made was to speed up development so longer routes can be made. DTG knows players want longer routes so I applaud them for trying to make that happen.

It might be easier to make a smaller route, but it's been nearly 5 years and routes should be getting longer. The tech should've improved to make that possible while keeping a good consistent quality. Not everyone wants a 23 mile route in which services are around 30 minutes in which the actual line is longer than 23 miles but you start in the middle of that route and end at a point where the service would go further in reality. Sorta like how HRR was. The main con of that route based off reviews I've read was that the route was way too short.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  21. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

The number of developers can at the most be proportional to the amount of DLC sold. My guess is that there is an upper limit of the average amount of money people will spend each year on DLC, so there clearly is a maximum of what a game developer can do. You cane xtend the player base, but be aware that many people buy the game but never play it and they are unlike ly to buy a huge number of DLC. Marketing of this product is very interesting, I think.

22. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Good point but if DTG decided to do a longer route then it can be tested on 180 km 110 mi Perpignan-Barcelona Railway with ETCS Level 2. The Freight Renfe 252 1.435m dual gauge uses ASFA 3kv DC to Figures Vilafant where it goes 25kv 50hz ETCS Level 2 to Perpignan Soler Freight Yard 1.5kv DC KVB VACMA.

• Like Like x 2
  23. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Yes

• Like Like x 1
  24. trainsimplayer

I mean most people aren't exactly route builders, and thus couldn't care less about the editor. I'm in that camp. I'd mostly use the editor to mess around, and for that reason I don't see it as a priority. Granted, it can bring good/great content to the game, but in the end it doesn't really benefit me directly, so I don't care. And I know a lot of people are like this.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

For me, until I see "good" content from somewhere that I'm interested in (Either NA or JP) I have no interest in it, and I cant build anything with any editor.

26. tallboy7648

Ohh ok. That's cool for those who want to build their own routes. If only the tsw2 editor was public.....

• Like Like x 1
  27. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

A gentle reminder to keep this one friendly please. We're quite happy for you to talk about any game you please - we're not going to pretend that there aren't other train sims and games out there - but there's no need to make personal attacks if someone disagrees with you.

Also, given that this thread is continuing, and that we've a new thread relating to a new game having come out today, I'm moving this over to the Off-Topic forum as it's not directly related to TSW.

• Like Like x 7
  28. RailRoadEngineer

RailRoadEngineer Member

New in game photos as seen on discord -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Improved graphic quality & Volumetric Clouds
    [​IMG]
    A city generated automatically from geodetic data.

• Like Like x 5
  29. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

While Simrail doesn't look as graphically polished as TSW, the weathering in the first picture is top-notch. Man, those regional coaches look USED and not fresh off the paint line :)

I'm not sure about autogenerated cities, but it could be used to populate cities "out of sight" from the rail line.

I'm definitely interested in this.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

The date has now been adjusted, I don't think it will come this year. It has now been generally changed to 2021.

But let's hope that it won't be a CattleAndCrops disaster.

And hopefully it won't be ETS2, we will drive past each other once, but just like Bus Simulator 18/21, alternating together, checks etc.

31. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I wonder how they'll perform... :o
    Although to be honest I didn't notice until you told me. They'd probably benefit from having different types of clouds at different heights.
    A bit like TSW's auto-generation feature, but seemingly more repetitive. We'll have to wait and see for more on that, because it could end up worse than TSW's.

32. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  33. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

HMMSIM can now be added to list of upcoming train simulators for pc and later with the hope for consoles.I speculate Microsoft will be keen to jump back into train simulation as well especially after perfecting flight simulator,just hope they don't exclusively lock it to xbox only.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Doomotron

I think there's a very good reason Microsoft's last efforts in train simulation was in 2001. It is, and always will be, far too much of a niche topic to be worth their time.

• Like Like x 1
  35. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

Those trains look really good. City environment doesn't look amazing but thats not really the point of a train simulator and if they can nail the rest of it, I wont be bothered. The landscape does look less copy and pasted than many urban areas in TSW as well, mostly in older routes - Cathcart looks pretty great for example.

36. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Their ED250 is also a 15kv 16.7hz Sifa PZB LZB Germany Austria 1.95m pantographs like your Rabe503 assuming you're from Switzerland.

37. Pit

Pit Member

A message many people are waiting for...
    ️SimRail public DEMO version will be released at the end of the 3rd quarter during Steam Next Festival!
    96b27d8346003ca39d220aa0977d09f0e91c4b904c9f9500b1e9583348907ce3.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  38. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

I think that the MP will probably not be as we hope it will anyway. I don't think we can ride the same train together; Alternately per stop or so, but that everyone is sitting on their train and the dispatcher. No more and no less. Because that's what it says in the steam description. So no alternating driving, no controller, no traveling together on a train.

The next Steam Next Festival is apparently in early October.

39. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

I'd be giving the new sim a chance before a critique.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  40. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

From the screenshot from Blender (posted by SimRail-devs) it seems to me that this is the Blender OSM (Open Street Map) plugin that they are using to generate the buildings. So it is not an automated process in Unity/Editor.

08bf166a68ab82f5935efc280925eb48e531e0868b0bbf66aba4aba81ee8d36e.png

I have this plugin, and it is good for reference but I wouldn't have used it for production. Maybe for buildings in the background. I also think it is better to make some sort of modular buildings regarding performance. In the screenshot above there is ~5,2 million triangles, in a total of three objects.But normally all buildings from OSM is imported in one single object.

https://prochitecture.gumroad.com/l/blosm?_ga=2.21728763.1981960153.1629063722-429618192.1629063722

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  41. 59321747

Unreal also has cooperative plug-ins, which can be imported into Unreal Engine with one click.

42. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm still skeptical about SimRail, it just looks a tad too good to be true. But, it does look like the most serious competitor to TSW. It actually does look promising, so I hope it actually is as good as it looks. Very curious to see the reviews once the game has been released.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

True, however, having an editor allows the community to create content. Biggest advantage of enthousiastic modders is that they're not constrained by budgets and deadlines, and can take their time to develop some top-quality routes that may also be of decent length. Train Simulator has a few good routes in its Workshop.

Can't put 100 people onto a single route, but you can put them on 100 different routes. That's the huge benefit of having an editor, and IMO one of the major downsides of TSW.

• Like Like x 4
  44. 59321747

Obviously TS can no longer bring more income to DTG. They created a simulated train world, or the driving force for maximizing commercial interests. They hope to take various commercial powers or authorizations into their own hands. TS will bring us a long mileage (100 miles). In the same way, TSW’s 100-mile route will also be divided into two routes for sale, which can bring in two considerable incomes. As a commercial company, this is the best promotion.

45. tallboy7648

Now if only tsw2 had a editor....

46. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

New screenshots today - looks very promising.
    Zrzut_ekranu_1561.jpg Zrzut_ekranu_1562.jpg Zrzut_ekranu_1565.jpg Zrzut_ekranu_1566.jpg Zrzut_ekranu_1563.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  47. robbo2k

robbo2k Member

Zawiercie is located on the route Warsaw - Katowice There the high-speed railway line 200 km / h from the side of Warsaw ends there. He will certainly get the route Warsaw - Katowice about 300 km in the game

48. Doomotron

49. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

50. robbo2k

robbo2k Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1