Ts21 - The Momentous Mountain Subdivision

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 11, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looks great looking forward to seeing more.

3. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

4. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

I wonder if it would be possible to merge this with the Tunnelton Kingwood route, Danny are you around to advise?

5. Daniel Gibbs

Daniel Gibbs Active Member

Ironically, I made a proposal of this route on the DTG Forums a few months ago!

Thank you, High Iron Simulations, for answering my proposal! I can't wait!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Random Railfan

This looks like it's gonna be a great value for money as far as the sim goes. Over 100 route miles and tons of different locos and rolling stock, plus 13 career scenarios? I'm definitely looking to pick this one up.

• Like Like x 2
  7. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

*Sighs* yay.. another freight route!! -_- Looks nice though.

Just really wish more US passenger ops would be realized in TS. Just continuously being oversaturated with Freight based content. Now anything Passenger in the US would be welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Random Railfan

Yeah I mean at least it isn't modern and we don't have a ton of Chessie stuff. I'd have to agree though, there are some really cool Amtrak routes and commuter operations, as well as tourist lines, that would be awesome in TS.

9. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

To be honest, freight is really what rakes in the money, both in real life and for DTG. I can't really think of much more I'd want other than what's already being worked on by the community in some form. LIRR, the Harlem Line, and the NEC are all being worked on. There isn't much hope for the Keystone due to SEPTA opting out (no proper Paoli-Thorndale line), and well, I'm not the biggest fan of anything west of Chicago.

I'm sure your list would be different, but idk, the passenger demand is about 80% complete.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Ill give Gary and his team credit, they have been pushing the boundary's for 3rd party DLC 1st with Hanover Subdivision, and now this. Looking forward to it.

Still wish this kind of love can be given to a west coast route in the future...

• Like Like x 1
  11. NEC Railfan

Yeah, I mean who knows, maybe the New River Sub might be up someday, and that's something I'd really want to see.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Random Railfan

Hold up who's working on the LIRR?

13. rare_common_sense

80% is quite an overstatement. Still have other commuter lines that can possibly be done. They could very much still do a Keystone, in the same way, NEC (although a much better quality build) was done. Just with stations along the route. And unbranded equipment. As I believe Amtrak owns the trackage anyway. With that, they certainly would have no excuse to not include a Metronliner cab car. Which they should and could have supplied at any point since the original NEC was released.

Seeing as MBTA has given DTG the license to use their brand in TSW2.. It can be applied in TS.. just as well as LIRR. Which I believe both were given in TSW2 in an effort to get people to migrate. But seeing as routes are too short in TSW2 and likely not going to get much longer than we're currently getting on average. I'll be sticking with TS1 and holding out hope that more passenger-based content is made.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

looks like a good route with amount of locomotives and rolling stock included with it

15. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Well I was missing for a short period and I find out this! Very promising! Coming from HIS I am certain it is going to be awesome. 140 miles and 13 scenarios it's incredible!

16. NEC Railfan

Well, me and a few others.
    My video of Mineola:

Friend's Video of the Central Branch:

The plan is the entire network, but we're starting with New York - Oyster Bay as the main focus. (Won't be a workshop release though).

• Like Like x 2
  17. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Just because DTG has a licence from a brand for one game, it doesn't mean they can put it in the other. Both titles have separate licence requirements.
    I do agree with you on the shorter route distances in TSW though. I think the current longest route there is 68 miles but that includes 20 miles of branches (Clinchfield).

18. Random Railfan

Oh wow that's cool!

19. rare_common_sense

I respectfully feel that doesn't really make sense as it is still done by the same developer/publisher. But IF in the off-chance that is the case.. it's just incredibly ridiculous. Nothing like that was ever stated by them as far as I know. I don't think that is information that they would withhold from the community if that were the case.

20. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  21. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It's been stated several times in various streams by Sam and Matt about licensing. TSW and TSxx are classed as separate entities, therefore separate licences are required.

22. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I could see Gary making a CSX scenario pack, that's kind of his thing after all, but I doubt he'd do a CSX loco pack. With Chessie & Western Maryland there was a serious lack of stock in those colors, so if you wanted to cover those eras you pretty much had to include some stock in those packs. I don't see him doing that for CSX though, as there's already plenty of CSX stock from other loco packs and routes that he could make use of as is.

23. NEC Railfan

MBTA was really on board for TSW, yet they seem apprehensive about TS1, which does make some sense due to the age differences and TSW's eye candy.

24. northwestcreation

northwestcreation New Member

I am buying this just for the sd35's

25. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Somebody asked about running some DB Trains in a Workshop Wednesday route.
    Matt replied
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/what-has-happened-to-workshop-wednesday.44257/#post-367264
    "Unfortunately we can't show content that isn't on Steam as we are only able to show content that we have approved with licensors (and it's not as simple as "you have a DB license so all good, right?")."