Up Geneva Sub - Chicago To Clinton

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lindaekorienek1971, Aug 10, 2021.

1. lindaekorienek1971

lindaekorienek1971 New Member

I think that the UP Geneva Sub would be a great add on for tsw2. You have Metra, that operates form Chicago to Elburn, and freight from Kedzie to Clinton. On this route there would be 3 freight yards. UP Global 2, West Chicago yard, and UP Global 3. Global 2 is located in Proviso Illinois, and is a very big yard for UP in the Chicago area, it serves intermodal, manifest. The West Chicago yard is a smaller yard that accompanies autorack and manifest. Global 3 is located in Rochelle Illinois which is about 75 miles west from Chicago, it serves intermodal and manifest. Now for engines and rolling stock, the main UP engines would be the SD70ACe and the AC4400CW.

Now onto Metra, which runs from Chicago to Elburn which is 43 miles. Metra rolling stock would be the F40PH-3 and for cars would be the gallery cars kind of like Caltrain.

I think this route fits very well with passenger and freight, and would like to see come to Train Sim World 2 someday.
    Below is the Metra F40PH departing Elburn which is the end of Metra line.
    HPIM2883.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea but if I were you make SD70ACE Tier 4 & ET44AC 2015-2016 builds Standard locomotives for the route then Cane Creek can give SD40-2 and AC4400CW for this route.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

I wholeheartedly support this suggestion! There's a lot going for it for DTG in terms of utilizing existing work like the F40, and they have (at least in the past) licensing for Metra so it might not be so difficult to secure again.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

No they did not, the Chicago Racetrack was released unbranded worldwide, they never had that license.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

If the route includes the SD70ACe, we should also get the C&NW UP Heritage version. I'd like to see an SD70AH-T4 or ET44AC and GP60 for this route, as well as the Metra F40PH-3.

6. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

Right Metra was unbranded even in the USA probably due to licensing issues but BNSF on the Racetrack was only in the USA.

7. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

Ah I completely forgot about that, my mistake. I just remembered that route being released years ago and that it was *supposed* to be Metra rolling stock.

• Like Like x 1