Rain Drops On Screen Large And Pixilated

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by saxon#3093, Aug 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

Hi guys
    TSW2 on PS4 Pro - on the DB rolling stock, rain drops are massive on the windscreen and very pixilated. is there a setting I can modify?
    thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

When you say ‘massive’ what do you mean? Bigger than in other games or actually very large like dinner plates?

There are no settings for the size of rain droplets or graphics settings to allow higher resolution textures I’m afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  3. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

well you've answered the question thanks; an looking on some of the YouTube vids, the same thing can be observed. they are not super massive; it was more that the graphics of the drips moving across the windscreen is so pixilated it seems that they have been badly scaled-up and therefore larger than intended....

• Like Like x 3
  4. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

It's funny, I've been playing the game a long time but just noticed this for the first time a couple of days ago. I think it may have been because I was driving a custom livery in a bright color (yellow). To me, the drop size was not the issue but it seems the drops are distorting things that are too far away. For example, a raindrop on my windshield that was about 4 inches (in game scale) away from my yellow windshield wiper was yellow. That doesn't make sense. It seems rain on the window has more of a paint splatter effect than a water distortion effect.

• Like Like x 1
  5. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

just realised that there is a HD/4K toggle on the PS4 game; but I had it on 4k so no help, but generally useful to have the HD setting so fan noise disappears...