Regarding The Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bradley, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

What is the best course of action regarding next weeks update? uninstall dlc and then reinstall or something completely different?

2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It uses XBox Smart Delivery, meaning the correct version will be auto-detected by your console's updater and be installed without you needing to think about it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

DLC always re-downloads in its entirety whenever an update is issued. So you could remove some of those if you don't want to update lots of things in one go. Then selectively install DLC at later times.

The Xbox will work out the correct version to update to even if you have copied from another console. Nothing else really needs to be done. Unless you copy say an Xbox One X enhanced game downloaded on an Xbox One X to a regular Xbox One, you may have to go in shrinkable games area to remove those unused enhancements.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I'm wondering though if the update were to come out on Tuesday would that mean the SeriesX/S versions are being released on Tuesday as well? Or do we have to wait until Thursday?

5. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Getting the update normally not the problem,it for everything that may get fixed or improved(yea rright)and for what will end up broken because of it.

6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

As a side note - there *is* a workaround if some games' ninth gen updates are not to your liking and you own an XBox One. - like for example I VASTLY prefer the increased draw distance in the XBox One/One X version of Plague Tale over the reductions they made in the new versions to push a solid 60fps. Grass pop-in with that game on Series consoles looks like, well, like I'm playing Cane Creek on TSW2 prior to the new update dropping. If you download the last gen version on a last gen console, stick it on an external SSD, and plug it into your new console while offline, you can play it in backcompat mode without it updating.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

I was wondering about this too, kind of hoping the X|S update is going to be a couple of days early, as I don't much fancy having to update everything before I can start playing the new route at midnight on Thursday.

• Like Like x 1