Boston Sprinter Preview.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cygnific, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

I was excited for the whole Rush Hour package, but what a dissapointment was this to watch. Are you sure it's next-gen? Because it looks like we just jumped 10 years back in time..

Lots of low res textures (And look very clean most of the time), low polygon objects. Many objects (95%) are stacked or placed nice and tidy. No trash, dirt etc. etc. anywhere. Overall lighting is poor, and hardly any dynamic shadows (if any) also parralax occlusion mapping is gone on trackbeds.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

though bear in mind stream quality is never the best though not sure if it was the final build or a dev one

• Like Like x 2
  3. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It was release closely today.

4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

TSW in general always looks very clean - most likely because train companies do not like seeing their property or locos looking dirty.

Also, streams almost always make the game look worse than it actually is. The Series X/PS5 are equivalent (almost) to PC 'High' Graphics. If that's a jump back in time, I don't know what is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. ShodanCat

ShodanCat Member

*shrug* I disagree, I thought it looked quite nice. edit: I did notice the parallax mapping issue on the ballast though. Hope that does get fixed for release.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

It seemed fine to me considering it was on a console with the equivalent of the PC's high detail settings.

• Like Like x 2
  7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I did as I have for sometime think it looks way too clinical and clean. I’d like to see more moving scenery still, diggers etc. Loved the sound and looking forward to playing it

8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It was a nice change on Cathcart, where especially in underpasses there was some trash and grafitti. A bunch of little touches and it did a whole lot for it.

• Like Like x 4