Having The Game Free On Epic Is A Opportunity Not A Threat

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by paul.pavlinovich, Jul 24, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I'm curious longo239 and IsambardKingdomBrunel did you do that because you've already got it on Steam or for some reason around the game itself?

Paul

• Like Like x 3
  2. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Paul, because i used to have TSW on Steam with all the UK DLC. Then i purchased TSW2 on Steam but after a couple of months. I then decided both games were rubbish as far as i were concerned. Asked Steam to completely remove both from my account. They are just dead end games, not sims that can be used as a long term hobby. Saw the freebie from Epic, decided to have a look. Same old same old rubbish.............. GONE. TS20xx is not perfect, but at least it has editors and capabilities beyond the bog standard install.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IsambardKingdomBrunel

I am not missing out on anything, the game is a complete waste of SSD space, as far as i am concerned. I will stick to TS20xx and TRS19, both capable of sustaining a long term hobby. And not just 5 mins of boring watching the scenery go by.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

If it is that bad, what are you doing at these forums? Seems a big waste of time.

• Like Like x 8
  5. IsambardKingdomBrunel

Removed by DTG Natster

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2021
  6. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

IsambardKingdomBrunel I have removed your post for inappropriate behaviour directed towards another forum user. You are all allowed to have a difference of opinion. But name calling is not acceptable and there is never a need for it.

Calling other users fanbois will result in messages being edited/removed and warnings being given.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I have TS21, TSW2 and TRS19, and I find the first two to be very enjoyable with lots of playable services. However what I found to be a complete waste of space and money was TRS19, it lacks in playable services and the scenery needs work as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Had TSW2020 and most of the DLC, put over 350 hours into it before I found TS. Never bothered TSW2 as I wasn't interested in any of the routes they bundled with it, nor did I fall for the "whole new game" selling point.

Thought I'd give it a try for free but the first part of it was how to wander around and look for collectables then tried the LU route but just didn't like it. Far too much of a "gamey" feel rather than what I look for in a simulator.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

That’s the best part! I love the details and sounds I’d never notice from the cab.

• Like Like x 4
  10. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

I have TS21.TSW2020.TSW2.TramSim.Hmmsim Metro.The Bus.Red Dead Redemption 2.ACE COMBAT 7.Assetto Corsa Competizione

• Like Like x 2
  11. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

It's just not for me, if I want to chase around looking for "gold", Sonic and Mario are better at it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KatanaDV20

KatanaDV20 New Member

Thank you for the welcome :) I will try not to be too annoying asking too many questions on here. Figuring out the controls, specially the braking systems. Really want to master the heavy freight train locos. Once I learn the core sim I can start looking at DLCs!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Ask questions we are always here to help out when needed.

• Like Like x 3
  14. paul.pavlinovich

I've started building out the script for a series of short tutorials on railway concepts and managing them in game most likely will use TS and TSW2 as my examples. I'll likely finish the planning this week and start shooting shortly. Brakes is a big one and is a complex topic in real life but I think it can be distilled fairly simply for simulation. I will be looking for feedback from people who are trying to understand trains - you are my target audience so if you're interested yell out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. paul.pavlinovich

People get so passionate about their games. Thanks for the logical response longo239 and the passionate response IsambardKingdomBrunel its ok to not like TSW2. If you're into a full on detailed simulation you might consider Run8 http://www.run8studios.com/ its not much to look at (a step below TS) but its level of simulation is excellent, especially if you crank up the realism settings. You'll be yanking couplers out of draft boxes in no time. You need to invest some serious time learning about trains and train mechanics and physics or you won't get far. Sounds like it might be something that interests you.

• Like Like x 1