C2c On Train Sim World

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bob123, Aug 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. bob123

bob123 Member

c2c is and nice line running the class 357 from london Fenchurch street to Shoeburyness and london liverpool street stopping at stratford before rejoining the main line also the grays line and Ockendon

• Like Like x 1
  2. LWRQatarXman99

LWRQatarXman99 New Member

it would be cool, especially if dlr trains are added alongside!

3. bob123

bob123 Member

i agree

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Many would see this as "just another electrostar line"... But as a fairly closed system it wouldn't be that difficult to make, and could use the assets from the existing SEHS which runs alongside from near Dagenham through to Purfleet

5. kevint1972

kevint1972 Member

It's a good line for scenery, starting in the City of London, moving through the suburbs and the countryside and running for a long stretch right beside the Thames Estuary, past boatyards and beaches. Plus for variety there's a loop going to Grays and Thurrock.

It's worth a day out in real life too. Nice, clean trains and a generally reliable service.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve just googled c2c as I thought it was an abbreviation for something and no, it actually is the name of the company. Well I never.

7. ARuscoe

I believe it started out as "City to Coast" and got abbreviated

There's three principle runs
    Fenchurch St - Grays : via Barking, Dagenham Dock and Rainham (Essex)
    Fenchurch St - Southend Central : via Barking, Upminster, Ockendon, Grays and Tilbury
    Fenchurch St - Shoeburyness : Via Barking, Upminster, Basildon and Southend

The line runs alongside the District line between Upminster and Barking
    [​IMG]

8. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

There's plenty of freight too, running from Barking to Dagenham, Purfleet, Tilbury and London Gateway (near Stanford-le-hope).

• Like Like x 1
  9. ARuscoe

Yeah but british freight seems to be a dirty word on TSW2...

10. AirbourneAlex

Hopefully we'll get some UK routes that have more freight variety in the future. Preferably not all being with the Class 66.

11. ARuscoe

Could do with 60 and 70 in the game as diesel motive power and 90/92 for the electrics... but apparently UK freight isn't what people want :o

12. AirbourneAlex

Yep, I get the feeling the majority prefer to drive units, freight is more of an afterthought on UK routes.

13. ARuscoe

Yep. I call them The green light brigade... as in everything is high speed and no hold ups.

14. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Clearly it isn't
    The vast majority of suggestions - including this one that has now been derailed - for the UK are Passenger-focused. In fact, I think it is just a general trend, take this poll I posted a while back, Passenger outnumbers freight 22 to 6.
    (https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/poll-route-types.42125/)
    Screenshot_20210814_143227.jpg
    It's obvious more people prefer passenger trains.

15. ARuscoe

Not derailed. Freight forms the majority of variety on this route (all passenger ops are single class) and a large percentage of operations generally up to Tilbury.
    Having railfanned at Grays I wasn't watching the electrostars... (there are no IC services on this line)

16. trainsimplayer

The thread has been derailed, the OP is talking about c2c with the 357, you are talking about freight, having a subtle shot at those who like passenger operations.

17. ARuscoe

Oh, where did I have a shot at those liking passenger ops? Would love to have that pointed out...
    In fact I was having a shot at those who try to say freight need not be included on any UK routes because it doesn't matter to them

And my first post listed passenger routes on the network and a network map (not for the first time on this route which has had several suggestions in the last few years) so hardly bashing the suggestion generally

18. trainsimplayer

Whilst you'll deny it, this is a subtle pop at us who like Passenger stuff, basically implying we just like things easy sailing without any challenge - i.e. lazy.

And even if it is a shot at those who think freight shouldn't be bothered with - there aren't many - it's very general towards those who like passenger operations.

Not many people think freight shouldn't be included, it's just more people don't care about freight. There are so many things that reflect this.

19. ARuscoe

I like passenger stuff, I also like stuff which stops, stuff which uses sidings, stuff which isn't just a procession of green lights (and that's not the player's requirement, but seems to be what works in TSW where there are hardly any delays at all

Funny, When I asked the question on this forum a few weeks ago people actually came back and argued that freight doesn't really matter so long as they have full intercity runs... either way

20. trainsimplayer

Maybe because people have opinions, some people don't like freight, so they don't care if it's in or not.

21. ARuscoe

Exactly, that's what I said above... Not that their interests are somehow "lesser", but some freight drags, adverse signals and even (hold your breath) having to wait in a siding might be a good thing for some people too...