A List Of Livery Designer Improvements.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Aug 12, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

IM Back and after seeing a post about Copying Liveries i decided to make a List of stuff i believe could improve Livery Designer when 2.0 comes out.
    lets start shall we?

1. Allow the Copying of Liveries to Similar locos: this was the topic of said post but it is simple the Ability to copy a Livery to a Similar Locos example 377 to 375/387, GP38-2 To SD40-2/SD40/AC4400CW esc, DB 101 to Basically any other German Loco, BR MK1/MK2, and more, this will remove the Hassle of having to remake an Entire livery from the ground up for another loco.

2. Using Standard Liveries as a Base: one thing I've been wanting to do was create YN3 Liveries for the CSX Locos but I Really dont wanna recreate a Entire CSX Livery, so I Wish for the Ability to use like CSX YN3b as a Base to build off of, this brings Many opportunities and will likely be Very useful with the Ability to copy Liveries to another loco.

3. Paints and The Numbers Mason: Unlike the Standard CSX Locos i actually did make a CSX YN3 for the CRR SD40 but it has 1 major flaw, it Looks Matte and not shiny, so what i want basically is to choose like the Texture of the Paint like select Matte Standard Metallic esc, along with this the Ability to set our Liveries with a Unique Number also brings Opportunities so a Livery can only appear on like 1 Loco similar to the Trainbow.

4. Livery Pooling: this is more related to the Locos but im putting it here as an Idea if it aint used yet, the Idea is Simple a Bunch of essentially the Same locos on different routes under 1 Livery Designer listing with a shared Pool of Liveries to be used between the Locos good example the DB 185 Which is used on 3 different routes, so it would make sense to have a Pool for the DB 185 Custom liveries which Allows them to be used on All but in 1 Listing in Liver designer, Another example is the 377/4 on East Coastway and Brighton Mainline, Instead of having them as 2 seperate things group them Together they are the same why not have them in the Same Livery Pool.

im done here bye

• Like Like x 1
  2. opgames

opgames Active Member

cool.

3. anarchy99

anarchy99 Well-Known Member

I like your idea on point 3. Would be very cool to choose a colour and have the option to choose gloss, matte, metallic or chrome. Another addition I would like to see is currently only one text letter can be inputted at a time per layer. It would be useful if you could type a word in the chosen font and add that to a layer.
    And please give us more fonts or at a minimum the bold version of the current font.

• Like Like x 1