More Immersion: Station Details

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by trainsimplayer, Aug 14, 2021.

1. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

So, as we all know, TSW Stations have Posters (such as Construction Information), but they are getting a bit too repetitive.

Let me show you;

Here, is a set of posters from Great Western Express, the first UK Route:
    0ec8bf37-bc10-4876-b283-4bccd50b2a05 (1).jpeg
    (Green Rail Replacement Posters missing here)

Here, are posters from Cathcart Circle, the most recent UK Route, and, you'll notice, all 3 sets are the same, as well as being the same posters as GWE.
    291cc3c3-c87e-4486-a758-0543aa6d2ffb.jpeg
    ("Building a bigger, better railway" missing here)

So, what do I propose for posters?

Well, it's simple. A bit more variety. These are good and all but they get very repetitive quickly.

About the only variation is translation into German or French for reuse there.

Now, routes such as Southeastern High-Speed and Bakerloo Line (I don't know if they're anywhere else) are what I'm going to look for inspiration from, both routes have unique and (somewhat) varied advertisements, despite not being posters, these are what I think they could be based on.

Unlike the basic posters we currently have, these are varied and much more immersive, so I think these should be made use of.
    (Paddington) 9f2fe1db-f547-4aa6-9ba7-cc36774e2af3.jpeg

Now, beyond that, this is more aimed at Maps, the collectables:

Whilst minor, I think these could really be done better.

Considering that the TOCs require a license for their products to be in the game anyway, I think that TOC specific maps - and also the posters if possible - would really add to it as well. Bakerloo does this with both it's maps and the posters, so why not do that elsewhere?

Whilst these are small changes, I think they'd make quite a difference - for the better.

Thanks for reading.

• Like Like x 2
  2. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

For German Routes, they could add a Departure Timetable replacing most posters.
    [​IMG]
    This is how most Departure Timetable boards look like. These show the Time of Departure the type of Service and all the stops.
    In Köln Hbf (Cologne Central Station) the S-Bahn Services (and a few Regional Services) are seperated from most Regional and High Speed Services so the Timetable isn't filled because of the all the S-Bahn Stops.

• Like Like x 4
  3. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

There are also Enhancement Packs on rail-sim.de, which have updated Posters.
    Here's an example of these Enhancement Packs and what they improve.
    [​IMG]
    (credit to Nickhawk for making these Enhancement Packs)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this and for the TOC system maps is the ones that DTG has a license for like Southeastern.

5. trainsimplayer

Yes, it's almost as if that's the ones they have the routes for, and thus the only ones they would need (as of now)...

Seriously, I literally said that in my post, you've basically just repeated what I said.

• Like Like x 1
  6. trainsimplayer

I've seen those before, but sadly as a console player I've got no use from them.

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

My mistake and they should do this for all the new routes that have passenger services. Like LIRR.