Re-release The Old Class 37 Dlc In The Marketplace

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by USRailFan, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

It looks like it might be a long time until we see Railright's Class 37 (if we ever see it?). The old Class 37 DLC still has a lot of repaints available for it, and many (me included) wants to use it in our scenarios. At the very least it could be put in the Marketplace as an assets-only release?

• Like Like x 7
  2. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

They should bring it back along with the Class 117 DLC

• Like Like x 1
  3. PVRS Productions

PVRS Productions Member

The BR Class 117 is still available, but it is on Amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

And it's not available for purchase outside the UK...

5. Wolf

Wolf Member

Agreed, the same would go for the Hall DLC, as there are still some scenarios using it. Well, they did re-release the 8F as part of the Netherfield route, so something like that would make sense.

6. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

Hopefully it gets re-released as part of the East Midlands Coal Route that Creative Rail are making

• Like Like x 1
  7. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Unless we end up seeing a "special" 37 based on the Railright one again, like the WHE one?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'll also add my voice to bringing back the Class 37. I have found a couple of workshop scenarios that utilize it, and it would be a shame to have to swap them out for something else in their place as this person is one of the higher-tier workshop creators who would probably be recognized if I said his Steam name, and I'd like to play them as-is.

So, has there been any update on Class 37 since the topic post? SteamDB notes it's not in any packs, and I also found others like the Class 111 and Class 118 that are also not available currently.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

10. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

12. ARuscoe

[​IMG]

This one is in the BR blue pack, but true there's limited reskins of that era

13. ARuscoe

Similar (possibly exactly the same) inclusion in the China Clay route
    [​IMG]

14. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Hmm, that's a shame. I notice that he created scenarios in the pack for the Wales Coastal routes, one of which is a discontinued route (I was able to get my hands on it, fortunately), and also requires no less than $500 (35 items) of paid DLC to run these scenarios. Really lowers the value of the pack in my eyes since you need to spend, on average, about $70 per scenario ($178 USD with Armstrong itself, and possibly closer to $600 total in CAD in my case with the Just Trains stuff added, my Steam items already being in CAD), so I'll have to live without the 37 unless one becomes available without the scenarios.

I don't know if Armstrong has sales, but the fact that this is not available on Steam directly (meaning I have to manually install everything, and it may still possibly not even work when it's done) is a bit of a hassle I'm not sure I want to deal with for paid content. So I'll live with what I have and just substitute something in my library if I want to play it. :)

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The problem is the loco is an Split Box Class 37
    The pack which is the OP' suggestion is for the Center Headcode version which is available on the S&C Route but not in Blue

Peter

16. xihillitzxhingkha

xihillitzxhingkha New Member

YES we need China

17. ARuscoe

1 - "necroposting", which means commenting on or liking really old posts isn't allowed on this forum. Please read the site rules
    2 - "China clay" : China clay, as the name suggests, is a material known as kaolin, which was first used in China more than ten thousand years ago to make fine white porcelain. Some of this eventually made it's way to Europe, where the gentry still had to make do with crude earthenware pots, and porcelain was highly sought-after. Noticing a gap in the market, a Plymouth apothecary called William Cookworthy began to research the porcelain-making process and spent several years searching for a material that resembled the kaolin that had been used for so long in China. In 1745 he eventually found it, at Tregonning Hill, near Germoe, in Cornwall, where a rare type of decomposed granite, finer than most talcum powders, arises naturally. (Quoted from https://www.cornwalls.co.uk/history/industrial/china_clay.htm)
    3 - China clay in my quote refers to an old TS1 route which involved the china clay works, the railways around it and the local lines around Par in Cornwall

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.