Cathcart Circle: Class 320/318 For Potential Dlc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Trainiac, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

The Br class 320/318 should be considered a potential DLC for Cathcart Circle because it's a very popular train in terms of looks and sounds and they are fairly modern trains being constructed in the 80s 90s. Having the class 320 also opens the door for the class 321 and 322 feature in-game on routes with Northern and Greater Anglia.

Having 22 and 21 train sets (and a further 12 321s converted to 320/4s) means there can be a lot more variety in trains across the network and there could even be a possibility for 314s and 320s and 318s to be coupled together in timetable mode and scenarios.

I’d much rather have this train than a class 380 and 385 because in my opinion, the 320/318 is a much more interesting train to drive than just having the standard power and braking ability on the same controller, it makes you think about how you approach and depart station instead of moving one controller one of 2 directions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like to see a 380, a 320 or a 318, I don't want them as Cathcart DLCs.

Also, in 2014 (the year Cathcart is in), the 320 didn't operate on this line, they were introduced in 2016. So wouldn't fit. (I know someone will say "well they can change it" no, just no)

However, I would love a 320, but - along with the 318 - it would be better off on a (potential) Argyle Line route, as that is their primary operation, by a mile.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trainiac

I've included the class 318 in the post as well now:)

4. trainsimplayer

That was the complete opposite of my point...

5. Trainiac

You can have them in a separate route if you want this is just my suggestion.

6. trainsimplayer

Again, not my point.

The 320 didn't see service on the Cathcart Circle Lines until 2016.
    With the 318 coming later.

The in game representation is set in 2014, 2 years earlier.

The only use you'd get from either would be AI in Glasgow & Newton.

I'll insert a quote from myself in another thread - that I made specifically for Cathcart - to help get the point across:
    As I said earlier, I have nothing against the locos, however I have enough knowledge of Scottish Railways - and that includes the Cathcart Circle (I mean, duh), to know that the route should not have any DLCs, especially in its era.

7. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

To be honest though, the route hasn't really changed much since, and would still be considered as modern by most people I assume.

Other DLCs aren't strictly correct, SEHS didn't have the Class 465 running between Gravesend and Gillingham when set, then there's Diesel legends of the Great Western...

I wouldn't rule out further DLCs for Cathcart, but would much prefer a new route with a new unit in Scotland instead, layering onto Cathcart if appropriate.

8. trainsimplayer

I would rather they (DTG) ruled out further DLCs for Cathcart, in favour of the approach I and you have both mentioned.

• Like Like x 1