What If... (completely In Jest)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FeralKitty, Aug 14, 2021.

1. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

DTG dropped the ball.

Someone stepped up and took responsibility. Thank you. (And this person posted about it on a weekend. Thank you for that, too.)

So, I had this absurd, ridiculous idea of how DTG could "make it up" to us ;)

What if, every time DTG drops the ball, they add a station to the Dresden branch lines? :D

SEVEN MORE FUMBLES, and we'll get our branch lines! :D DRESDEN!

I hope at this point that no one has taken this seriously! I wouldn't want to see DTG drop the ball, even if it absurdly benefitted some of us.

Video game development is tough. You've got these deadlines, you've got bosses as well as customers to please, and it can get stressful even if it's something you love doing.

I think it can be easy for us to get annoyed at someone else's mistake, but I'd like to hope it can also be possible for us to be gracious.

Yes, something happened, and it's a delay, but I hope we all can find positive coping mechanisms that help us stay physically and mentally healthy.

Thanks again, to the people involved in this challenging Rush Hour undertaking.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

We'd get the branches sooner than the route :D

• Like Like x 7
  3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think there’s definitely at times more of a we want and moan culture on here rather than appreciating the balls to the wall pace, Matt, Sam, Nat, Adam etc have to work too

• Like Like x 4
  4. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

As much as I appreciate the hard work that all the dev teams do in the given development time for DLC, I think it would be worth it for DTG to spend a bit more time to work out the big bugs before the DLC release. Push back the release date a bit, rather than try and rush a bunch of fixes in the last week, or release fixes as a later, post-release update.

Sure there will be people complaining about how the DLC was "promised" on so and so date and whatever, but these people probably complain about incomplete DLC too, and can't be pleased no matter what.

5. FeralKitty

I imagine it would be quite disruptive in-house, not to mention the wasted time of arranging, then cancelling a release that's only 4 days away.

From a customer perspective, it sounds problematic to delay the release without a specific list of benefits the delay would bring, yet DTG making commitments that might slip once again is what got us in this boat in the first place.

Sure, we'd all like X, Y, and Z resolved for Rush Hour, but the longer the development takes, the more costly and problematic it would be for the bean counters. I don't want to envision what other sacrifices might be needed to fix issues now rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

If you soften your criticism because people worked hard on it you effectively handicap your ability to criticize anything. Particularly with collaborative works like TV, films, and games there's few times which they didn't take some hard work to make. There's plenty of times where you do have to criticize the well intentioned hard work of people, hard work doesn't automatically make a good product unfortunately.

• Like Like x 3
  7. FeralKitty

It’s better for me to see the good rather than the bad.
    Sure, there are other factors like time and money.

But again, if someone did their best, I’d wouldn’t want to diminish that, even if there were constraints that limited how good the product could have been.

• Like Like x 4