Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 10/08/2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Aug 10, 2021.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

The only route and DLC that was not carried over from TSW to TSW 2 was the Newark Liberty - New Rochelle Section of the the NEC route from the original Train Sim World. This has been said many times before why it wasnt and the main reason was it was If I recall the first route ( or it might have been Sand Patch Grade) to be built and took them alot longer to build the route than it would now. Different practices were used. It was deemed too much work to have been done to the route that a total re build would have necessary to the route and that is what they didnt have the budget or time to do. That also includes the Rolling stock (although part of the rolling stock will be coming to TSW 2 RH in a weeks time). That is the only rolling stock we do not have in the game from TSW, apart from the CSX stock which is in the game excluding the SD40, Steel Carrier wagon and I believe the Amtrak SW7 and Budd Cab car and the Rubbish containers as well.. Whether DTG go back and re build the route from scratch again and include the missing rolling stock thats their decision to make.

AS per the 5mph loop at Southampton Yard, not much DTG can do about it to be honest its part of the route speed limit in real life.
    So just how many streams of the Boston Route have you seen?
    As far as I am aware there has only been two.

Regards

Hentis

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

You're not forced to drive these services. There are enough alternatives. Or do you want to say that in reality the speed limit is higher?

• Like Like x 2
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

You still to this day have everything you paid for with TSW2020. It's called "TSW2020". It's still on your computer unless you deleted it, and still in your Steam library even if you did.

DTG giving us TSW2 ports of all that 2020 content for nothing was a really swell gesture on their part, which they were under no obligation whatsoever to give us.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Texanator1987

Texanator1987 Member

"Added ability to spawn on foot in hourly increments."

Currently you can spawn in 5-minute increments. Is this something new or a removal of functionality?

• Like Like x 1
  5. solicitr

I think what it means is that now you get both hour-increment and 5-minute increment buttons, so you can get to your desired time more quickly.

EDIT: although what the UI really needs is a box where you can just type in the time.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Will the sounds of the Br146 get improved in the summer update?

• Like Like x 2
  7. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I must be missing something. I 've seen streams where DTG have said TSW2 is a totally different game to TS1 and that the GWE route had to be totally rewritten, and it is not even the same as TS1. Isn't the TS1 version Bristol - Paddington and TSW2 Reading - Paddington. I thought that was why we got the drastically shortened route because of the rewrite?

8. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

No, the TSW GWE route has always been Paddington-Reading.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

TS and TSW are completely different games and if a route that was previously made for TS is made for TSW then it is started from scratch. What’s being discussed here though is the upgrade of routes from the first version of TSW, not TS. Work was needed to be done to the routes for TSW2.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

One thing that concerns me with Rush Hour is that if there are more red and yellow lights with a more congested timetable, will this be reflected in the target arrival times at stations? If not, it’s going to be impossible to complete a journey on time and may make it impossible to get gold medals (for those of us interested in such things).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'd rather have the congestion than be on time, frankly. Doesn't seem to matter much anyway. Last night I was over 5 minutes late into Essen in appalling weather, but still got a " gold". :)

• Like Like x 8
  12. solicitr

If there is a predetermined traffic pattern where some trains are held to let others through, that should be reflected in the timetable (and in fact is in other routes; there are runs on GWE where you get held up for a stopper ahead, but the wait times are built into your target times).

• Like Like x 3
  13. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I assume you will still be able to arrive on time, despite more yellow and red signals. This is taken into account in real life, so the timetable will be created with these things in mind. It's called pathing allowance.

I think the RH timetable will use real (or as close as) timings, to reflect the traffic during different times of the day, instead of a 24 hour copy and paste TT.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Crosstie

That's the thing though, isn't it. The hold ups are scripted, so you're probably right about the allowance.. If they were random, it would be a thousand times more interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m hoping that if there are red and yellow signals that it means you actually can’t get there on time on every run. The whole idea with being held up is that you end up being late. Far too often in scenarios the delays that you are supposed to face are programmed into the timetable and you end up on time. I’m hoping that if I am say, 30 seconds late approaching Boston that a later timetabled train gets cleared to enter the station before me instead of after me and I have to wait at a red signal for a bit, which makes me late. Otherwise there is no point in having a busy timetable. The next time I do that same run I might get cleared into the station first and be more or less on time. That’s what I’m hoping for and what would be more realistic.

• Like Like x 13
  16. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

When is the release of the summer update?

• Like Like x 1
  17. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

You sure? I thought Thursday but could be wrong

• Like Like x 1
  19. WaveyDavey

Yep defo Tuesday for the update….. Thursday is the Boston Route. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Thought all on Thursday

21. WaveyDavey

No. People have been saying there’s only a day or so to see how the update runs before the new route is then launched.

22. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Midnight is Boston release, so there can’t be an update later

23. londonmidland

I hope they aren’t scripted. If so, then you’ll know and remember where to expect red and yellow signals each time you drive a train, which will be as equally boring as green signals all the way.

I’m hoping it’ll all be dynamic. I couldn’t care less if I’m late or can’t achieve some silly medal, which is completely pointless and useless in the first place.

• Like Like x 8
  24. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

What you said is what I thought and don't wish to sound pedantic...................

25. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Did I start 'something' by stating that TSW2020 didn't have to be remade/re-released as TSW2?
    It's UE code. My point was that TSW2020 'should' have been reworked instead of releasing TSW2. It's no different to how they are now re-working TSW2 for the updated UE engine.
    All DLCs have to be re-baked, so what was the difference in updating TSW2020 back then?
    Confused dot com

26. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I just have to say I am pretty disappointed in this whole Rush Hour release.

To recap in May we were told the price is going to be £24.99 and were given detailed descriptions on the 3 routes that would released at the same date. Including a Dresden route that would have a network feel due to multiple branches.

July comes and we are now being told that they need more time and because of this we will be releasing the routes sequential instead of at once. And because this will take more time we need to charge more, £34.99.

And at the same time the branches on Dresden were quietly removed from the FAQ's with no mention. Like they were hoping we wouldn't notice.

We got an apology from DTG that they had done things the wrong way and they would not make the same mistakes again and it seemed whole hearted.

Jump ahead to 1 week before the first route is released and after stating on streams and in the FAQ that BKL and SKA would be recieveing the new Rush Hour passenger systems, we now find out we won't.

And add all the issues with Boston Sprinter that has come up it really is showing that standards are dropping again. Wrong overhead wiring, 1 station is in the wrong place, missing the abandoned station that is like a landmark near Providence.

Yes the overhead lines will be fixed but again another incomplete release.

And this is supposed to be how your gaining trust? I'm going to wait until all 3 routes are released before I choose to buy. I don't want to purchase something until the final product is delivered and I feel that there will be more "changes" before the final route is released at this point. And I'm still waiting to see what will be missing from BML beacause hey missing stuff seems to be the norm.

And since even from our supposed "trusted" sources can't be trusted like official streams and articles that can change on us at anytime, and we find out changes from unofficial sources first. That is why I no longer watch Streams or read the articles. You find out more proper info from the forums.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

My dilemma is now, buy Rush hour ticket, or get stung later buying the routes separately :(

• Like Like x 1
  28. bakedpotatos.jm

The Rush Hour ticket will be on sale until the end of 2021 so you will still be able to purchase after they are all released and you can see the final product.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Crosstie

Some people have mentioned a launch discount. Haven't heard it myself, but if it were 10%, it would be $4, reducing the season ticket price. Worth considering.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

it was mentioned in the last Rush Hour Stream

31. Crosstie

Ah, thank you for that. So it's official. Don't know how I missed it, but it certainly doesn't hurt. :)

32. solicitr

That's great, but I ain't buyin' three pigs in a poke.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Station in the wrong place?

34. bakedpotatos.jm

Yes on the last preview stream Matt states there is a station that is in the wrong place. It was pretty hard to make out exactly with the audio issues but I think it was Forest Hills.

And honestly how could you miss this abandoned station

Pawtucket-Central Falls station from Barton Street (2), August 2015.JPG

35. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

maybe too much modelling to be worth it.
    Obviously a wrong decision.

36. bakedpotatos.jm

It just shows how much the standards are dropping.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Stephen Crofts

It needs an almost independent quality assurance group of people involved early on to prevent poor decisions like this maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  38. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

buy Rush hour ticket

39. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Wait until all three routes are released, then make your decision.

• Like Like x 4
  40. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be the 1st time Dovetail forgot an abandoned station on a NEC route, on TSW's NEC: New York route, they didn't add the NYW&B Westchester Ave Station to the game, even though it was there on the NEC: New York New Haven Route on TS1.
    20210816001423_1.jpg
    showimage.jpg Screenshot_New York to New Haven_40.82644--73.88532_09-17-45.jpg

41. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

So two questions.
    1. How did Forest Hills station end up in the wrong place and is this being addressed? Surely it has to be.
    2. Why was the abandoned station abandoned by DTG. It is an important landmark if nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

It's really bad when routes were made more better in the past on older software ala TS1. Look at the HBL route, in TS1 they have the correct Dosto rolling stock and the BR112 is externally correct, in TSW2 this is all wrong. It was all pointed out to DTG and not fixed or addressed.

Now all this is happening again with the Boston route. DTG seems to be going downhill, hiding content until it's too close to release to fix anything even though there are many errors that us in the community can see in seconds. Questions need to be asked and DTG need to take a good look at themselves. There are plenty of people here more than happy to point all this stuff out to DTG if they really wanted to fix stuff like this and get it right as they claim they want to do.

• Like Like x 6
  43. Stephen Crofts

It makes a huge difference to the atmosphere of a route to have these iconic parts included. Ruins and abandoned places especially have a value for being in that state I think. They carry a part of the story of the place that is abhorrent to delete

• Like Like x 1
  44. londonmidland

All these scenery issues mentioned make me slightly anxious in how London to Brighton will turn out.

Clearly having references means nothing, but instead it’s a race against the clock to try and finish a route off before the deadline, regardless of its state.

A TSW route should NEVER be inferior to its TS1 counterpart*
    *When comparing first party routes.

Clearly the time allocated to each route hasn’t been adequate and they’ve underestimated the work required to build a route to an adequate standard.

So far we’ve had the issues raised with this route, branches cut off from Riesa – Dresden, so I wonder what sacrifices London to Brighton will have to make? Poor scenery, perhaps?

• Like Like x 10
  45. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The double whammy of having no asthetic mods other than liveries and re-texturing (i.e. no new assets possible) combined with the added complexity of making routes and locos in UE compared to making items for TS1 is really biting.

I see many veteran TS1 players that have extensive mods and third party content and I would guess for many of them the plain vanilla versions from DTG might have the same complaints if it wasn't for the fact they function as a good base to start modding on.

Add in the fact that the attraction of TSW is it looks so much nicer than TS1 and you have big problems. Having to limit scope and scale because of the time taken to develop while having no real help or support from the community creators because it can't be allowed. So we get complaints that things don't look right, are missing, don't have functionality, have been cut back etc. And always the TS1 version is longer and more intricate and can be extended or merged with other parts and has third parties improving the scenery, assets and sounds. It isn't a nice niche to be in for TSW2.

Even if there was the potential to make assets and put them in the game DTG could focus on the core systems and elements and let other people brush up the other bits later on. People might accept a slightly lower threshold, but as it is whatever DTG produces is the final product.

• Like Like x 2
  46. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

A few days ago I made a request in this thread to add subtitles to Youtube videos.
    Well, it turns out that I just got a pleasant surprise because I noticed that they have solved it and now all the videos have automatic subtitles available! :D
    So DTG Natster I just wanted to thank you, I don't know if it was you who took the trouble or whoever did it.
    Thanks also to those who supported the publication of the petition by giving a like.
    And sorry for the off topic in this thread to the English speaking players, as they won't be using this feature but the rest of us will benefit from it so we don't miss out on all the information in the videos, which is a lot!

• Like Like x 11
  47. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Well I wouldn’t get my hopes up. I’ve already turned my attention to BML

• Like Like x 3
  48. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

I am looking forward to seeing what is in store for Livery editor 2.0 and scenario builder 2.0

• Like Like x 1
  49. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

What’s happening? I just downloaded the update and I can’t use the game anymore like everytime I choose a route it constantly crash

• Like Like x 3
  50. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I look forward to the new rush hour routes but I agree, if anything, a TSW route should be better than it's TS20xx counterpart. It's crazy how details from the real prototypical route are missing when it comes to TSW.

• Like Like x 2