Tsw Career Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bobbysey, Jul 31, 2021.

1. bobbysey

bobbysey New Member

Hello to anyone reading this.

Today I am going to outline my ideas for a potential career mode that I would love to see eventually added to TSW.

Career Progression - I think the career mode should start out with you deciding which route/line you want to work on. You could start out with trainings/tutorials for different tasks. It would also be good if there was a head office where you could visit or something at one of the depots. Once you have done trainings, you can choose what you want to do next. You may wish to start working on some of the commuter routes or you may want to go into freight.

Promotions - As your career progresses you would be offered different roles and promotions, depending on your success. With these promotions you may gain new responsibilities, like the ability to take on HST services or manage a small team of drivers.

Different Sectors - I think it could also be interesting to see different career paths within a career mode, you could work as an engineer, a driver or even a train guard! It would make the game very immersive.

Moving to different routes/lines - My next idea is that there could be a way to "apply" to transfer to a different rail service. For example you may wish to leave Great Western Railway and begin working for Southern Railway!

Of course a career mode isn't for everyone and I expect many people to be fully against this idea, but for many I think it would create a much more exciting experience.

What are your thoughts?

• Like Like x 10
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea , I would love this to become a reality . Well thought out bobbysey

• Like Like x 3
  3. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

I like this. As long as it isn’t mandatory

• Like Like x 3
  4. bobbysey

bobbysey New Member

Hi kenobi#1878. I agree, it should be an optional feature if it was to be added.

5. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I think TSW''s routes are too limited in length and stock to do any sort of career mode in a way that's both realistic and has a satisfying progression curve. And as the service mode and scenarios already cover a good chunk of operations you can do on the routes as is. So you'd have to either come up with new content for a career mode, which is very difficult for most routes without it coming off as contrived. Or you'd have to go the Journey & Mastery mode route of regurgitating content from other modes, which I don't think anyone wants more of.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. dezzy1

dezzy1 Member

I love this idea

• Like Like x 1
  8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Career mode was high on the survey list for me actually

• Like Like x 1
  9. bobbysey

bobbysey New Member

10. tom.frame

tom.frame Member

I love the idea it will help out on the learning side of things as well, with all the safety systems etc. Matt posted a video on German signals
    and safety system I have watched it a dozen times its great, but too actually do it is another thing. Awesome idea.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bobbysey

bobbysey New Member

Agreed!

• Like Like x 1