Brighton - Portsmouth, Littlehampton And Bognor Regis

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by simon_fielding, Aug 16, 2021.

1. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

I would love for this route to be in Train Sim World 2 because it is my local line. It is fine if you need to shorten it, but it will give more variety to the route. It could also give a trio of southern routes, Brighton Main Line, East Coastway and my suggestion, West Coastway.

Locos
    Class 313 (Southern - Passenger)
    Class 377 (Southern - Passenger)
    Class 66 (EWS - Freight)
    Class 45 (Blue - Railtour)
    Class 47 (Blue - Railtour)
    Class 52 (Maroon - Railtour)

Stops
    Brighton, Hove, Aldrington, Portslade, Fishersgate, Southwick, Shoreham By Sea, Lancing, East Worthing, Worthing, West Worthing, Durrington On Sea, Goring By Sea, Angmering, Littlehampton, Ford, Barnham, Bognor Regis, Chichester, Bosham, Fishbourne, Nutbourne, Southbourne, Emsworth, Warblington, Havant, Bedhampton, Hilsea, Fratton, Portsmouth & Southsea and Portsmouth Harbour.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Great idea , this is my local line so it would be great to see . I’ve seen the wcw suggested a lot recently so it wouldn’t surprise me if it is added to the roadmap when the next batch of routes are announced

• Like Like x 1
  3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

As much as it's a great route and highly requested, straight off the back of BML?

Since TSW2 Released, only one route (Cathcart Circle) hasn't been DC Electrified in South England.

And things such as the WCML and ECML are much more popular ATM, so I'd be surprised if it weren't part of one of them next.

West Coastway would be a good route but now is not the time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. coastliner#2087

coastliner#2087 New Member

This Route is Perfect as it shows Commuter Services in and out of the Busy Brighton Station to Suburban Towns in Sussex & Hampshire

5. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I have wondered if the reason the 313 has been held back is because it might be used as the 'new' train for a WCW route (where it sees more service than ECW as far as I can see) instead of as a 'DLC for DLC' for ECW.

A good way for DTG to intelligently reuse assets at the Brighton end, particularly if Hove is already included as part of BML (jury still out on that one).

As much as I'd like the route to go all the way to Portsmouth, it wouldn't surprise me if instead (IF it happened) it was only to Bognor and Littlehampton (which would make it around the same length as ECW).

I could see the Portsmouth end being very quiet without SWR trains otherwise and it would be a *very* long route by commuter TSW standards (nearly 2hrs end to end on a stopper according to a brief check on Google Maps).

Final note - another good opportunity for the occasional layering of GWR 166 services (which do the Brighton to Bristol run a couple of times a day).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coastway trainspotter

A class 158 dlc could also be added instead of entirely reused rolling stock , but it only operates 2 services a day

7. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

Ah yes, think I was mistaking the 166 for the 158 (or vice versa).

What I originally meant was that a theoretical West Coastway could be the home route for the 313 which I think makes more sense than having it as a DLC for ECW (although it could still be layered onto ECW in place of the 377 for the Seaford services).

8. Coastway trainspotter

The 377 does operate the majority of services on the wcw , I reckon about 1 in 4 southern services are operated by 313’s , the rest by 377’s

9. CGJimbob

CGJimbob New Member

I keep checking back from time to time and this is the 1 route I am waiting for to purchase 2nd game

• Like Like x 1
  10. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Completely agree!!
    We don't need anymore southern third rail electric nonsense with yet more electrostars at the minute.

11. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

We either need more routes set before 2005 or more OHLE routes because right now we only have 1 and 3 quarters and that 1 full routes is Cathcart Circle. The 3 quarters is Half GWE and a quarter SEHS