Game + All Dlc Total Size?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LWDAdnane, Aug 13, 2021.

1. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Hello,
    As the title suggests, does anyone happen to know the full size of the game in addition to every DLC released to date? I'm building a new rig and planning on using a 2TB nvme drive for everything, Windows and games. However as you can imagine these drives of that capacity don't come cheap, and so if that's not enough, I can settle for a 1tb nvme for Windows, and a larger SSD for my games library. Thank you in advance!

2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I can’t tell you the exact size of TSW2 as I’m not near my PC right now. But I run with a 2tb SSD. To give you a rough idea, I have TSW2 (all dlc except Cane Creak), TS2021 with about 40 DLC. Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione and Project Cars 2 (all with all DLC) + a few smaller games.

I still have half a tb left.

If no one posts a more precise answer, I’ll check over the weekend and update this post.

3. LWDAdnane

Holy LOVE, thank you. I also have all of the games and DLC that you mentioned (although I've sacrificed the space in my heart that PC 2 had for ACC), I will also have ETS 2 and ATS, and their relevant DLC as well as map mods. It seems that to buy a 2TB nvme would certainly be a foolish idea. Thank you again

4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I don't have IoW, Arosa, HHL and Cane Creek and the game now sits at 210 GB, so with all routes, I'd say 250 GB is a solid guess, probably towards 300 GB with RH stuff

5. LWDAdnane

I had no idea the DLC sizes were so big, I'm surprised

6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Update : Just checked got home and checked - TSW2 with everything excluding Cane Creak is 202GB on my disk. So as Mondor said above, allow 250GB for TSW2. More if you are likely to buy a lot more DLC.

Some people are reporting smaller download sizes for the new core update (available on Epic and coming to Steam next week). So the update might give some disk space back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. LWDAdnane

I plan on getting the season pass at some point, so there's going to be at least 3 more DLC thrown into the mix. Decided I will settle on a 2tb sata ssd for all my games, and a 1tb nvme ssd for Windows. Makes the most sense in my opinion

8. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

this is going to change a fair amount though as many routes are being included in the core update

9. LWDAdnane

Yeah, I'm sure there'll be lower download sizes across the board, but nonetheless they will still be quite substantial sizes even after the update

10. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

I don't have Arosa TSW2 236GB

11. LWDAdnane

Thank you

12. PeteW

PeteW Active Member

Which drive(s) were you considering? The reason I ask is that picking the Western Digital Blue drives, the 2.5 inch SATA SSD is virtually the same price as the SN550 M.2 NVMe drive at both WD direct and Amazon. Granted if you go for the higher performing WD black drives, they are a step up in price. Maybe you can go for 2 M.2 NVME drives?

13. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Conventional wisdom suggests you keep your games away from the Windows installation so that OS changes and updates don't interfere with your game files. So your decision to buy separate drives for each is a wise one.
    For comparison, I have all DLC for TSW and a boat load of TS routes and locos and it adds up to around 500 GB.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. LWDAdnane

I somehow forgot that my motherboard has 2 M.2 slots, and so made the decision yesterday to go for two M.2 drives; a 1TB WDSN850 as a primary, for Windows etc, and a 2TB Seagate BarraCuda Q5 as a secondary for my games library and anything else I may wish to put on it.

500GB is a ton, wow. And yeah I guess it does make sense to keep Windows separate from my games.

I know the 2TB drive may not be the best in the world, but I'm currently using 2 HDDs so it will be a massive leap regardless.

15. PeteW

PeteW Active Member

Probably a good way to go with OS on the fast PCi Express 4 SN850 drive. Pricey though.
    And a 2nd drive for storage. Trailblazing I see choosing a QLC drive :)

16. LWDAdnane

One may argue that it may be overkill, however my current system has been a massive headache for about a year now. The only games I can run are TSW 2, TS, NFS Heat and PC Building Simulator lol. It's my fourth build, and I'm planning for my fifth build to be my final one, at least for the time being, so I want to future proof it as much as I can. I've been planning it for the best part of 5 months and have been able to purchase components little by little. I've chosen the worst time in a long time for it, but hey ho.

17. Glazier

Glazier Member

70e78903a3ca0b556bf4d7bee0300525.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1