PC Wrong Station Name Flag In Scenarios

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by doublefine7, Jun 11, 2021.

1. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

In-Game timetable shows Mount Florida as Queens Park. This issue is there on every scenario. It is fine on service mode. Its reproducable since its on every scenario. Platform PC, Language German.
    20210611211642_1.jpg

Also double Queens Park entry, same scenario:
    20210611212128_1.jpg

EDIT: After I spoke to other who play in English, I got the feedback that this seems to happen in German language only so it seems to be a localisation mistake.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

The localisation has a quality index that's really low for quite some time. Mistakes have been reported numerous times and yet in every new DLC it's the same problem again ....
    I can only say: I won't buy any DLC until I see this being fixed.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  3. doublefine7

If a tiny localisation mistake is your biggest complaint and reason to not buy it instead of just playing it in english, then well, I guarantee you will never buy anything again from DTG.

4. Slemcer

It's NOT just ONE tiny mistake, it's happening repeatedly since a long time, AND nothing has been done to fix those mistakes.
    Also, who said that would be my biggest complaint?

5. doublefine7

Anyways, back to topic (since this is for bug-reporting only). Further feedback from different languages would be nice.

6. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

The same happens on platform PS4 as well (also German).

7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks, thanks for flagging. We've passed to the team to review.

Are you able to provide specific examples for us, please? Again, we'll pass them along where we can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Sorry JD, I don't have any specific services in mind. But Queen's Park definitely was the station concerned. Happened during one or two of the "Journey Mode" services.

9. Slemcer

Thanks JD for picking up the ball, I had almost lost hope ... ;)
    I'd have to look up some much older threads, but the following examples immediately come to mind, and I think it's just the right time as Peninsula Corridor and OSD will have the attention of the preservation crew in the near future.

Here's something I found in my old posts.
    Now the Oakville route:
    - The voiceover in the introductory training is spoken in French, for the German localisation!?
    - When loading ethanol it is necessary to enter the tank car, but of course in German this will never be translated by using the preposition "in", it needs to be "auf". So it should read "steigen Sie auf den Tankwagen" and not "steigen Sie in den Tankwagen".

Other localisation errors are to be found in the trophy descriptions for some DLCs.

Oh, there's one more which made me chuckle all the time, although the translation is true to the text, but the meaning is just so wrong. For one of the TRAXX locos (I just don't recall if it was the 146.2 or the 185.2) we get the task "to hold the battery" when it needs to be switched on. Of course, you can't do that literally, but instead you need to keep the button pressed for 5 seconds.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  10. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

For example, on Rapid Transit there are two "Markkleeberg Nord"-stations, even though one is Markkleeberg without "Nord" (the more southern ome...)

MKB Nord mal zwei.JPG

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Man, those village names! All VERY familiar, since at one time years ago I intensively studied the Battle of Leipzig in 1813 and there was fighting in all those places.

12. Slemcer

It's probably not a new bug, but I replayed "Coal Hoaler" (a scenario on the TVL route) today and encountered a very strange mistake.
    To make sure it was only wrong in the German localisation, I changed the system language of my console to English.
    So the master keys of the Class 37 in both cabs were translated differently, one is called "Generalschlüssel" (main key) and the other "Zündschlüssel" (ignition key). The next term for the same key is used for the task description in this scenario and it is IMHO completely wrong, "Hauptgriff" (main handle).
    It seems that three different people made separate translations without anyone checking the results ...
    I strongly recommend naming them all the same.