Train Sim World 2: Raildriver Support

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

Here is my complete list (i will add the others above, when i confirm them on update).
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/raildriver-support-in-tsw2-complete-list.38683/

From the looks (i didnt count) its about 50/50 at the moment. If i count the new ones id say its pretty close to 80% of the locos. We will get there eventually :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

When they said the 80% figure it included the same Loco on a different route so there are many duplicates. No idea what the actual figure is though.

3. LondoSpark

LondoSpark Member

That's exactly what I meant by saying that I have calibrated the RD in game, the handle in the cab and the HUD also match the RD so it's all working right except that I don't feel the braking happening.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  4. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

dhekelian often the same loco on a different route is actually a different loco - sometimes its the same one appearing in both/several and sometimes they are their own special version

5. paul.pavlinovich

This is the current set until the update comes out shortly

UK Locomotives
    TSW2 – SEHS – 375/9
    TSW2 – SEHS – 395 Javelin
    TSW2 – SEHS – 465/9
    TSW2 – Bakerloo – 1972 Mk II Tube Stock LU
    TSW2 – Class 08 BLU
    TSW2 – Class 101 BLG
    TSW2 – Class 52
    TSW2 – Isle Of Wight Class 483
    TSW2 – Cathcart Circle 314

German Routes
    TSW2 – DB BR101
    TSW2 – DB BR112
    TSW2 – DB BR182 MRCE
    TSW2 – BR403 DB
    TSW2 – BR406 DB
    TSW2 – KAH BR406 DB
    TSW2 – BR422 Talent 2 DB
    TSW2 – BR423 DB
    TSW2 – KAH BR442 DB
    TSW2 – 766.2 DBpbzfa DB

United States Routes
    TSW2 – Sand Patch AC4400CD YN3b
    TSW2 – Sand Patch SD40-2 YN3b
    TSW2 – Sand Patch GP38-2 YN3b
    TSW2 – Clinchfield CRR F7
    TSW2 – Clinchfield CRR SD40
    TSW2 – M3 LIRR and 7 LIRR
    TSW2 – CC AC4400CW
    TSW2 – CC SD40-2

Swiss Routes
    TSW2 – Arosa RhB Ge 4/4 II

Note I don't have the French loco as I do not have that DLC and no-one has ever contributed the settings for me to add so there is one more. This list includes the two that only work on the Epic build too they have "KAH" in front of them.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. paul.pavlinovich

I just tried and it seems to work ok and man that mic was way too close to my mouth :) Are you staying on the EP Brake settings - they're quite powerful, if you stray into air brake territory they kind of suck.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Juan Manuel Luengo

Juan Manuel Luengo Active Member

Paul.Pavlinovich sais:

“Note I don't have the French loco as I do not have that DLC and no-one has ever contributed the settings for me to add so there is one more…”.

Sorry. You are right. These are the functions associated with the keys for the TGV:

top row (left to right)

F1 - Pause
    F2 - Main switch
    F3 - Circuit breaker
    F4 - VACMA
    F5 - Crocodrile/KVB/TVM
    F6 - Brake aux.
    F7 - Conduction mode
    F8 - Conduction mode
    F9 - Blank
    F10 - HUD
    F11 - Camera 1st. person
    F12 - Camera Front/Rear
    F13 - Next cabine
    F14 - Previous cabine

Bottom row (left to right)

F15 - Blank
    F16 - Task list
    F17 - KVB
    F18 - KVB acknowledgment
    F19 - Acknowledgment
    F20 - Cab lights
    F21 - Instrumental lights
    F22 - Desk lights
    F23 - Brake overload
    F24 - Hold brakes
    F25 … F28 - Blank

Thank for your work, Paul!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. paul.pavlinovich

Awesome I will add these in before I update all the others since they're downloading now - very helpful!

9. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

I've quick tested RD on all new supported locos (waiting for the Boston this evening). Every loco is there as it was in updated notes :) Very nice addition to RD support.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

A question concerning the Rail Driver itself. I am using a PC and if I keep RD plugged into the system it prevents my desktop from going into sleep mode. Anyone else seen this?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Yes, My laptop stays awake continuously when the RD is plugged in. I have to remember to put it into Sleep Mode manually.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Yes I have noticed this as well

• Like Like x 1
  13. paul.pavlinovich

I don't use sleep mode, I always shut my machine down each night so have not experienced this. I'm a bit surprised it has any effect, PC doesn't see RailDriver as a device beyond "USB input device"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tigert1966

Has anyone else tried the DB 185.2? I'm getting the wipers and the lights both on the Wiper Switch. I'll check it again in the morning and raise a ticket.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I don't use sleep mode either. However, the computer is not completely turned off in sleep mode, since current state is stored in RAM. Best to use hibernate which stores current state in HDD if you want to completely turn the PC and all peripherals off.
    You can probably make adjustments in the Power Management settings to turn particular devices on or off in these modes.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  16. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

On the Boston Sprinter is anyone else having problems with the alerter button not doing anything at all? The F40 & ACS works like a dream (other than the ACS door switches being the wrong way round)

17. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Haven't noticed this problem... but I did notice the Door controls are reversed for left and right on the "D" pad

• Like Like x 1
  18. dhekelian

My RD seems to have the speed display locked to 888.

19. paul.pavlinovich

Yes to door switches being backwards (apparently it is on Xbox and PS controllers too) on RailDriver. Alert button works fine for me - resets everything.

088 would be funnier then you could go back to the future... Mine is showing my speed correctly by the game all the time. Is your RD plugged into a hub or directly into a port?

• Like Like x 3
  20. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

I'm having an issue on all routes where the blue buttons are triggering multiple keys - example, for the Boston Sprinter my Warning Devices key (top, 4 from left) also changes my camera view to outside, and my Signaling Systems does as well. My EQ Regulator key also brings up the 2d map.. This occurs on all routes I've tried so far and has made the game basically unplayable with my raildriver. Anyone seen this, ideas for fixing?

EDIT: As soon as I posted this, I thought to check that I didn't have my raildriver software for TS2021 running in the background, which of course I did. Closing that fixed the issue for anyone else who runs into this.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  21. dhekelian

Never watched 'back to the future', lol. I'll need to trace the USB wire as I cannot remember if it is plugged into my monitor or straight into the PC. I know it used to work fine though.

• Like Like x 1
  22. paul.pavlinovich

We've all been there, don't feel bad about it :).

23. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Guys, maybe it's just me noticing it for the first time but in the 143 and 146 (Dresden) the Alert-Button works "contextual sensitive".

If greens the button only does a SiFa ack and nothing PZB.
    If passing a yellow/speed restricting/anything with PZB and you press the alert button, BOTH SifA and PZB are acknowledged

It's the behaviour I wished for.

Could it be, because noone mentioned it ... that this is how it works all the time and I just didn't notice? I've had SiFa turned off since getting my RailDriver because for every press of Alert the PZB ack went off shouting out loud "ZUGBEEINFLUSSUNG" or that loud "BÜÜÜÜÜP" (Beep)-Sound in the DoSto when actually I just press SiFa every 25 seconds ;-)

24. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

That was introduced as a try for Dresden Riesa on controllers, interesting that it is the same on Raildriver now :o Not quite sure that it is intended, shouldn't there be enough buttons for everything to have its own button?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Tigert1966

Possibly the Raildriver interface just triggers the controller command? Therefore the context sensitive button works for Raildriver as well.

Didn’t notice myself, I’ve become so used to using the keyboard for PZB / Sifa, that I haven’t gone back to the Raildriver button.

• Like Like x 1
  26. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

Yes, the RD red button triggers the controller "SafetySystems" command. It's been like that for a while now. I actually hate it. It triggers all safety systems at once, and it's very annoying to me both in the old non-context-sensitive mode and in the new one. I got a raildriver because I want the controls to be MORE realistic and detailed than the keyboard, not less. That's why I built my own set of buttons for safety systems and glued them on to my RD :)

• Like Like x 4
  27. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Since there are separate PC k/brd commands DEL,END & PGDN for the safety acknowledgements, would mapping these together not help with the RD button/s?
    ...or are RD settings completely separate from k.brd (in terms of directx)?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  28. paul.pavlinovich

There are both, the PZB controls are all represented on the own buttons, but Alert does press all of them.

29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That could be a real problem, if one responds to Sifa and thereby also engages "PZB Frei" between a 1000 hz switching off and an active red signal.

• Like Like x 2
  30. paul.pavlinovich

That is an interesting question - as I understand it, if you do this then next yellow or red you'll get stopped regardless because you chose to override.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  31. dhekelian

Was there any mention of the RD support coming to GWE by Adam in the stream? I did watch the stream but fell asleep and don't fancy watching it again, lol.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  32. fatnslo#7264

fatnslo#7264 Member

I just listened for the Peninsula Corridor preservation update info and they said that all the locos for that route will be updated for Raildriver. So it sounds like locos won't get updated for Raildriver until they update the whole route.

• Like Like x 3
  33. paul.pavlinovich

They did talk about RD dhekelian and did specifically mention Peninsula Corridor and Oakfield - usually fatnslo#7264 is correct in that the RD updates come out when the route is released, but there are times when it is separate. The GP38 on Peninsula Corridor got RD without the route being updated. Diesel Legends brought RD to a slew of locomotives without a corresponding route change so its certainly possible to separate them, however except where they have some reason to do it (GP38 was updated across the entire game and Diesel Legends was a new DLC) I don't think they will go to the trouble of doing the release packaging and testing without an accompanying route because it doesn't make commercial sense.

Paul

• Like Like x 2
  34. dhekelian

I'm just frustrated with DTG. Wasn't GWE their first route in/DLC in TSW2? You would of thought they could spare some love for it, but I suppose not.

• Like Like x 1
  35. paul.pavlinovich

All the old routes are on a schedule. They only announce the ones they're doing and the next ones. They seem to be doing them in pairs spending a month or so on each - so they'll get there. Right now its PC and Oakville - they haven't announced the next pair seeking feedback yet as they're early in the PC and Oakville cycle.

36. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

They have announced a while ago that RSN and RRO will be next, which they will start soon from the sounds of the last roadmap.

• Like Like x 2
  37. paul.pavlinovich

It certainly sounds that way Cramnor hopefully they will be actually releasing their work this time instead of us waiting six months to a year for it :)

38. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

Class 166 will be added to London commuter - so there is hope that maybe it will be RD supported soon.

• Like Like x 1
  39. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

They said on the last stream are no longer doing preserved collection updates as before, but rather implementing feature by feature on all routes at once. Time will tell if that is better or not, I tend to be on the optimistic side. Also, Adam mentioned that Martin is working on adding RD support for all remaining unsupported trains during October. Which is very good news indeed.

Of course the support itself that is being made for new routes seems to be as inconsistent and often incomplete as usual. Just drove the new 377 for London Commuter, and for some reason they disabled the buttons controlling the speed set. WTF. Those were actually decent mappings, I already got merry with the paint to mark the on-off button (it was 7th from the left in the upper row, and the up-down rocker to set the speed). In the new version of the train there are no mappings for it at all, so fiddling with the mouse is required to use the speed set. Which is exactly what I don't want to do, that is why I have an effin' raildriver :(

• Like Like x 5
  40. dhekelian

And what makes it worse is that DTG have stated on stream just how easy it is to add RD support. So easy in fact we are still waiting. Then they said last night someone is working on them during October but don't know when it will roll out, could be months. So much for regular patches then.

41. paul.pavlinovich

The 166 is not RD supported in London Commuter only the new locos are.

42. Crosstie

That's a royal pain in the tush. I hate this business of switching back and forth between RD and keyboard/mouse. In fact I generally only drive compatible locos, so I might avoid the 166 until it's been updated.

• Like Like x 4
  43. paul.pavlinovich

I mostly avoid the ones I can't use RD on. I ran a couple of them recently just to tick off some mastery items but did the minimum.

• Like Like x 4
  44. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

i also avoid unsupported trains. I hadn't. driven the GWR stuff for over a year... Would be nice to get them back one day :|

• Like Like x 3
  45. dhekelian

I actually bought TSW2 for the GWE route then discovered the RailDriver and have been waiting ever since, feel a bit of a mug tbh, but perhaps one day eh?

• Like Like x 1
  46. paul.pavlinovich

I bought it on the gamble it was going to support RailDriver - I waited rather a long time from release... however, it is there for all new locos (although I have zero confidence about Rivet's new 38 stock since the question was ignored six times on the stream) and has been progressively appearing for older stuff. Hopefully GWE will get its turn in the sun.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

A couple of questions; Does it matter in which country you use the device?
    Or is it limited to "English speakers"?
    Do you have to pay attention to anything? Which version do you then actually need? Link?

As far as I know it has been revised.
    With the current version of DTG, is it even recommended for TSW2?

48. paul.pavlinovich

Hi there,
    TSW2 natively supports Raildriver for about 80% of the locomotives now and yes its recommended - it really changes your experience for the better - even the frustrating ones are still better than keyboard controls.
    I know there are Germans here using RD so I don't see why it would be country or language specific.
    The only thing you would pay attention to is the speedo, but I use the one in the loco cab.

Note Raildriver is PC only, its not available for consoles.

Paul

49. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

Hello there!

I just got a RD, everything is working fine, besides I can not reset the "SIFA" Alert with the "ALERT" Button on the RD, regarding to the keybindings in TSW2 this at least should work, is this a bug / mistake by DTG?

Thanks for your help

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  50. Crosstie

Hm, the alert button works for me with SIFA. There is a 1-2 second delay, is that the problem?

• Like Like x 2