Southern Pacific Modoc Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by watsoncurtis157, Aug 7, 2021.

1. watsoncurtis157

watsoncurtis157 New Member

Hello,
    I would like to propose a new route: the Southern Pacific Modoc Line, running from Alturas to Wendel, California, a distance of about 100 miles.It could be set in just about any era, as the region hasn't changed much since the tracks were laid in the early 1900s, and it would look good with any kind of SP power, especially Cab Forwards or the big AC-9s, if they were ever to be introduced to the game. Grades reach up to 1.9%, and scenery varies greatly throughout northeastern California's high-desert, where both soaring heat and sub-zero temperatures make for nice variety. Notable places would include the Likely Loop and Sage Hen Hill.

The line saw most of its traffic after WWII, and was one of the last places one could see SP steam. It is gone now, pulled up around the turn of the century, but between Likely and Wendell it has become a hiking trail, and in Wendel the depot and water tower are still in place, and it doesn't take much to see the outline of the yard tracks--a well-preserved ghost, you might say. I believe it would make a nice addition to the collections of SP Fans who play Train Simulator.

• Like Like x 2
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I'd like a Transition Era version with Black Widow SD7 or SD9 "Cadillacs, GP7/9s, Cab Forwards, and/or AC9s.