Screenshot Directory For Epic Games' Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by damarjatiaji, Aug 15, 2021.

1. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

Hi everyone !

I'm new to this great train simulation games, and i take the opportunity to keep the free copy from Epic Games recently.

I read several threat and discussion out there for the screenshot directory when presing Ctrl+F12, it's on My Document/My Games/etc.
    But after i quit the game and checked the screenshot folder, it's empty. Does somone here also playing the Epic Games' version and face this problem as well?

Thanks

2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I use the windows key and print screen key and that works if that helps. Enjoy, there's some beautiful shots to be had.

This is clinchfield railroad on a night run :)

In all seriousness there's some amazing pics in this game. This thread you might find interesting too

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/those-small-details.30968/

Enjoy :)

Screenshot (73).png

3. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

There are three kinds of screenshots available to you in TSW2.

ctrl-12 which is done by Unreal and saves on your drive
    - from 4.26 Epic version C:\Users\<your windows username>\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2EGS\Saved\Screenshots\WindowsNoEditor
    - from 4.23 Steam version C:\Users\<your windows username>\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2\Saved\Screenshots\WindowsNoEditor
    f12 which is done by Steam Overlay assuming its turned on and saves into ridiculous places like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\34681058\760\remote\1282590\screenshots
    ctrl-f10 which upload to Dovetail Live https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/profile/ login with your DoveTail Live login and you'll see them.

Paul

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You find them in this folder:

...\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2EGS\Saved\Screenshots\WindowsNoEditor

It just works like steam, but just a different folder name. This all is documented in the TSW2 Starters Guide, which has a separate chapter of screenshots. Get your copy here:

https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator, look for the TSW tab

• Like Like x 1
  5. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

I have already checked these folders and unfortunately the screenshot folder was empty. What could i do next? Should i reinstall the whole game?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Make some screenshots? Make sure to use Ctrl+F12. I do not see a reason why reinstalling the game would help. Do you see the other folders in this tree?, e.g. config, you profile, does the game save store saved games?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

Yes i saw the other folders in that directory

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

You can also use Windows+PrintScreen. This does capture the whole screen, so works best if running in fullscreen rather than windowed mode, and you have to turn off the HUD elements manually; but the pics are easy to find (My Pictures/Screenshots)

PS: have you logged into Dovetail Live in your browser (link at the top of this page) and looked under the My Profile tab?

9. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

For now i'm using Fraps to capture gameplay screenshot. TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2021-08-15 19-46-28-35.jpg I've tried everything, verifying the game from Epic Launcher and even reset my savegame and make new one. I've click Ctrl+F12 and still no images saved at TSW2 Save Directory.

10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

That's a great shot of Ursa Major, or is that Pegasus? I need better night goggles. Hey, there's an idea. :D

11. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be able to confirm until I try it in summer :D

12. paul.pavlinovich

Do you have the new(ish) Microsoft Defender Ransomware Protection turned on? If you do, then the folders that are made at install time work fine, the ones that are made at runtime will get rejected - you need to individually authorise them - you can read more about it at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/controlled-folders

Oh and I would not re-install the game, it isn't too likely to make a difference.

Do you have anything else running (such as Razer Synapse) that might have set its own hotkey on ctrl-f12?

Paul

13. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

Thanks ! I've checked everything you mention above, add TSW2 executable & savegame directory manually to my antivirus exception and now it works! Now i can take my screenshot at 4K, since i'm only play at 1080p.

TSW2_Suryaaji Damarjati_1629141989_00 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. paul.pavlinovich

Great news! Glad to help.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  15. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

granny method (evergreen)

search.png