When Will The Upgrade For Next Gen Come Out?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Boda09, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Yes because of all the larger higher res texture files.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That's what DTG have been saying for weeks. That each platform will have their own version of each DLC, turned to that platform. So every time they update or change or release a DLC now, they're going to have so many more chances to get it right... (irony)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

At least that makes the whole thing easier hopefully… see how PS5 version is made available and just down load from the store, or whether you need to update the PS4 version and then follow a specific upgrade path, which is what you had to do for FF7 intergrade

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think this means some common sense has been applied to avoid double downloads of the entire game and DLC for quite a lot of people.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Alright I mean the person seemed like they expected their PS4 version to suddenly become the PS5 version overnight and I was clarifying for them, not nit-picking, but whatever.

7. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your answers Fitz ARuscoe
    I was thinking that someone who enters "train sim world" in the store search engine on Thursday will get more than 100 results, many of them tripled. For those of us who have been playing for a long time, we won't have problems to differentiate between them, but for new players....

8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Unless the PS5 version now gets pushed to next week to compensate for the core update being later......speculating

9. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Oof don’t do that! But it would gimme more time to get those Spyro platinums

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I think they didn't think that the double download would be an issue (or even think it would be required) but are now trying to limit the impact of this now known issue

• Like Like x 1
  11. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I've been playing video games for over 30 years and this is without a doubt the most chaotic release I can remember.
    It just came together:
    -Preserved collection updates
    -Engine update
    -Next gen console update
    -Rush Hour update
    -Launch of Boston Sprinter (and the corresponding subscription for the three routes).

If we put it all in a shaker and add the "wonderful" communication that DTG usually does and the rush to get it all out before the end of the summer (which they imposed on themselves), what could go wrong?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Do we have to have the PS4 version on our PS5 to get the PS5 version download? Or will the PS5 version appear as a separate game on the PlayStation Store.

My cross eyed-ness is now that bad my eyes have almost gone full circle to not be cross eyed anymore.

13. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

The whole issue is they have manage three difrent strores.... Whe as Steam user have made it possible to create a console upgrade but whe didn't get any back for that...

14. driveshaft#6318

driveshaft#6318 New Member

And what about PS4 progression transfer on PS5 in détails ?

15. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

A few days ago I installed the free ps5 version of No Man's sky and then uninstalled the ps4 version.
    So I'm pretty sure it will be the same and we won't have to have the ps4 version installed. It's a separate version.
    Edit: it was the disc version of NMS. That's why it was necessary to have previously installed the ps4 version. If I had had the digital version there would have been the possibility to download the ps5 version for free without having to have the ps4 version installed. As with tsw 2020 and tsw 2.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Sadly, we've not been able to find a solution for this. So, for release, there will be no ability to transfer progress between PS4 and PS5.

17. porawit

porawit Member

Boston NEC What time will it be for Steam

18. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’ve just went top speed into St Pancras Station again in the Javelin and once again I ended up flying although this time I must have gone faster because I fast forwarded in time 10 years to 2031 a bit like Back To The Future. PS6 had just been released and if you think all the carry on today with regards to Rush Hour and PS5 downloading and transfers is bad you ain’t seen nothing yet! I’d love to tell you all more but I don’t do spoilers. ;)

Btw I was still playing TSW2 on my PS4!:D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

This, at least, shouldn't be the case. There should only be duplicate results for the Preserved Collection - one for TSW2020, and the other for TSW2. For the base TSW2 game and it's DLC, there'll still just be one entry on the PlayStation Store. It's only once purchased that you'll see an option to download the PS4 or PS5 version (assuming you're viewing the store page on a PS5). I don't blame DTG for this, it's something Sony have really dropped the ball on (I'm a bit of a PlayStation fanboy, but I have to admit that Microsoft have handled cross-gen gaming much better, and I just hope it's something Sony can learn from in the future).