New Loco And Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by computer.wizdj3, Aug 11, 2021.

1. computer.wizdj3

computer.wizdj3 Member

i was thinking y'all can add the sunset limited route Los Angeles to New Orleans
    the loco i want is P42DC of the GE Genesis series(example is what y'all have for train simulator 2021 as a DLC for the empire builder
    also y'all have Acela express and the HHP-8 as a DLC with the northeast corridor for the Train simulator 2021 the acela express is the high speed rail service in the United states and the P42 is the diesel engine amtrak uses for non electrified routes and for the second leg of the silver meteor route

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

First of all, LA to New Orleans is not possible in TSW2. Can't even be done in TS.
    As we've seen so far, anything more than 50 miles is most likely never gonna happen (at least in the foreseeable future) in TSW2.

Also a bit more detail in your suggestions really helps, especially people who aren't familiar with the route or locomotives.

As for the Acela, I could see DTG adding the Acela as a DLC for the new NEC route releasing next week, as it is a perfect route for the Acela and the Acela is a highly requested loco/trainset for the game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Renaming the thread to something more useful, with the route and trains in it, will also help it come up in searches and avoids having suggestions repeated.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. computer.wizdj3

computer.wizdj3 Member

i tagged the route with the trains in it i didn't know a clever name for this thread i was just saying new route and new loco i didn't know the title had to be specific

5. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

DTG has confirmed that the acela will come to the game ??

6. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Nope

7. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

they did not confirm anything.
    Although Matt did say they left the timetable open for possible DLCs. But he did not say anything about any DLC in the works or planning stages for the new NEC route

8. computer.wizdj3

computer.wizdj3 Member

i know dovetail games is a European company but they need to do more American routes even though it's out of their range for the game
    they could simply fly over to the US and see what cities they can use especially the sunset limited it used to go to Florida but after Katrina hit it's final destination is New Orleans so how can that be a problem making that route they have endless possibilities or get a more powerful computer so that they can make the route I know I'm bothering them so much but look at how many routes r in Europe they did and how many American routes they did the numbers r not balanced they make more European routes than American routes plus how do u think they delivered the ACS-64's they used the California zephyr to do it and they pick it up from the siemens mobility factory in Sacramento California and deliver it to Washington DC(the capital of America) so all the times they made new trains and delivered them they made it from a factory in the USA i don't know how u Europeans do it but this is the way America has built trains plus I'm sorry i didn't know that the new add on as they call it(sure wish the rush hour DLC came with free routes other wise it's a UI change and controls r mapped out with no free routes) was a paid DLC take fuser for example great music game they use in game currency to buy stuff and they release free DLC now dove tail y can't u do that i know this is ur game but think about the people who r on a budget they can't really buy stuff unless they have the money for it think about the players who actually play ur game in America and the amount of money u charge them for a DLC I had to wait for a discount or a month to get one of ur routes cause i can't spend too much on video games or my mom will tell me something about it so if u can lower ur price or make it free it would be helpful if not I'll wait for a month and get NEC Boston or wait till Christmas and get a PSN card the first thing developers learn is to listen to the feedback of the community or the players playing the games before thinking of a price

9. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Well, COVID exists, and they may not be willing to fly out at the moment - I'm pretty sure they're most working from home atm.

And it's not just a case of going to a city and going "right we'll make this", they need licensing for a start, not to mention other things.

Even if it now stops at New Orleans, it's far too long for them to make. Development takes time and costs money to pay the Devs. There is a point where that becomes poor for finances and they end up making a loss on a route, they're a company with employees, not a charity with volunteers.

"especially the sunset limited" Why, because it was your suggestion? Firstly, as I say, it's far too long. Secondly, other people have suggestions, and many, many are way more popular than... This.

"or get a more powerful computer" - not part of the issue.

Maybe because they are based in the UK, and therefore are much closer to Europe.

Also, there tends to be more demand for Europe and the UK.

Ok, Rush Hour - or any DLC - will never be free. As I said above, they aren't a charity, they are a company with employees (including the Developers who make the content) who need to be payed.

Considering Rush Hour will be 3 routes for less then 1 and a half, it's a good deal.

They cannot set their prices because one person wants them cheaper. That's terrible economics, and that's how they lose money, not make it. They do think of the community, but their finances must come first, so we still have a TSW...

• Like Like x 1
  10. computer.wizdj3

computer.wizdj3 Member

fine i'll play along but there has to be a way where they can make routes for free
    no negative comments don't call me stupid cause i didn't know something
    don't be angry at me
    it was something that was suggested or can make routes affordable for people who r on a budget
    cause some of us r adults who simply has to use money to survive during these covid times
    if they want to continue to work then fine they can charge us for the routes but know this if they have enough money to pay the bills or whatever they do cause in US currency it's alot different than UK or europe what seems like a cheap route to europe or UK can get expensive here in the USA with taxes added per state

11. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, did I ever call you stupid, or be aggressive? No, everything I said was the truth.

And again, I'll have to break your post down and tell you why.
    They can't though.

Unless they do the bundle approach like rush hour, when it's multiple routes at once, for cheaper than it would be with the full price of all three.

They need money to get them and their employees through. It's their business, that has to go before anything else.
    I wasn't negative, I didn't call you stupid, a wasn't angry at you, I was simply stating the truth.

And I am, however, perfectly within my place to disagree with the suggestion - which, for the record, I have disagreed with the free routes suggestion for the reasons I stated, I won't take an opinion when it comes to the original post, because it's not my place to, due to my interests.
    Despite me being an ocean away, I fully understand this, however the same does apply to Dovetail, their employees need money as well as anyone does - thankfully things are beginning to go back to normal here, but we are in the same situation, COVID is still affecting us.

Well consider this; they have to pay staff, including the community team, the preservation crew, the core teams, the route teams, the higher ups and also inevitably the Train Simulator team, and the Fishing teams. Then they have to pay the bills, then they have to pay taxes, and then probably something's I'm not aware of, and at the end of that they also have to be bringing a profit in to move forward.
    Remember the TS/TSW franchise is relatively small compared to thinks like Battlefield, COD and whatnot, the big guys, Dovetail are a small company in the massive mess that is gaming.

Again, I fully understand that, and I'm sure dovetail do, but they can't exactly say "right, Americans, we're going to give you everything 20% cheaper" - for an example - that would be massively unfair to users around the world.

Whilst I do realise DLC is fairly expensive, it has to be, I'm afraid.

I'll give you a heads up however, if you play on Steam or PlayStation, there are sales very commonly, where you can get good discounts, so that helps :)
    Xbox isn't so lucky, and Epic Games hasn't had enough time for us to see yet, so that's good, isn't it :)?

12. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

I did LAX to Austin on FSX on a Boeing 757, at a speed of 500 knots or 575mph that 1500 mile flight took 3 hours, and Austin is still 500 miles away from New Orleans, what you are suggesting is simply impossible, not now not ever, maybe in 2 or 3 years we may see a 100 mile route but I believe 60-70 miles is the exact maximum the game can handle and will handle

• Like Like x 1