Update Confusion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SBos, Aug 17, 2021.

1. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Reading so many different posts about the update. I own a PS5 and a PS4 one used in lounge and one in bedroom.

Obviously with the PS4 I just update it when it becomes available. I’m a little confused about the PS5 though reading posts about deleting the current PS4 version that’s on it. Does this mean I need to delete everything I own then start again on Thursday and that the downloads will show as different versions?

They really have made this confusing without any clear instructions for customers as to what they should be doing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’d really like to know if my PS5 has to have the PS4 version of TSW 2 installed in order to get the PS5 version. I deleted the PS4 version a few weeks back in readiness of the PS5 version. I don’t relish the thought of having to download all the PS4 version content before I can get the PS5 version content.

• Like Like x 1
  3. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

As I understand this if you have the PS4 version on your PS4, update it to the core update when it becomes available.

if you have the PS4 version on a PS5 update the core update when it becomes available this will update the PS4 version on your PS5. You then have to manually select the PS5 version of TSW2 which you get for free coz you already own it via PS4. The newly downloaded PS5 version will use the core update you downloaded for the PS4 version. You can then delete the PS4 version from your PS5 if you need the space or will never play it again.

Then again I could be wrong! :D

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  4. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

As I said DTG should be clarifying what people need to do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Such a clarification will appear on the forum tomorrow. It will apparently be a step-by-step explanation covering all platforms, according to DTG Natalie.

6. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

You don't need the PS4 version installed on your PS5 as a prerequisite for downloading the PS5 version. Your PSN account already has a record that you own TSW2, so when the next-gen version is released on Thursday, it'll be available as a download option on the game's PlayStation Store page (as will all the DLCs, I assume).

Should you wish to continue using your existing in-game profile, this will only work in the 'last-gen' version of the game. That version, whether installed on your PS4 or PS5, will be updated on Thursday.

So, if you're playing on a PS5, it's up to you whether you:

1. Delete the last-gen version to avoid downloading the update, if you're planning to transition to the next-gen version (but start a new profile).
    2. Not download the next-gen version at all, and just play on the updated last-gen version (keeping your old profile).
    3. Download the last-gen update and the new next-gen version (and have different progression on each).

Personally, that choice is up in the air for me right now, given today's news on the player profiles.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  7. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Either way, the old broadband is getting battered tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
  8. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

From what I can tell, owners of a PS5 need to do nothing, if you own the PS4 game on it, it'll do the main update core, you'll then have the option to toggle between the PS4 and the new PS5 version...well that's what it did with my Watchdog Legions game.

9. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

No, don't think that's right. Based on other games, tomorrow you can either update your PS4 version or start a new download for the PS5 version. If you do nothing, your PS5 will simply update the PS4 version.

• Like Like x 1