If You Bought The Collector's Edition On Ps4 You Have To Pay For Ps5 - Now Resolved

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DXR8002, Aug 18, 2021.

1. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

So it's after midnight here in New Zealand, the PS5 version has appeared on the store but because I originally purchased the collector's edition on ps4 I have to pay to buy the ps5 standard edition as this is the only option available. How did I know this would happen? Just couldn't get it right eh? Can we get a solution please?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Ah. Interesting. That’s a problem.

3. unclebarney#5973

unclebarney#5973 New Member

I’m having the problem and I keep getting error when I try and play

4. DXR8002

Well, I'm not buying twice. If this doesn't get sorted I'm out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

I have train sim world 2 collectors edition on a disc, what will I need to do?

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I would send in support tickets for this. Sounds like the same issue they had when going from TSW to TSW2 where they needed to manually get the licenses applied to the affected users

• Like Like x 1
  7. unclebarney#5973

Do you have the update yet for the game I haven’t received an update yet even tho I like in Nz

8. DXR8002

I've deleted my ps4 version so I don't know if it's updated. The ps5 version is ready to be downloaded but is asking me to pay, it's ridiculous. I have the digital collector's edition so the upgrade only applies to the standard.

9. unclebarney#5973

Yea I don’t want pay for it twice

• Like Like x 1
  10. DXR8002

Did you also originally buy the digital collector's edition and unable to upgrade like me?

11. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

A thread is to be made with details for downloading to PlayStation. Keep an eye on announcements forum

12. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

You will not have to pay to go from PS4 to PS5.

To ensure that you are also entitled to the add-ons on the disc, entitlement will go live 1-2 weeks after the release of Rush Hour.

Once the upgrade is available when you insert your disc, on the game hub you will be given the option to upgrade to PS5 Digital version.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  13. benuildo

benuildo Member

Have you tried using the Playstation App for download? Sometimes that helps.
    Or try to reinstall the PS4 Version again and switch the game version by pressing the "options" Button.
    Sometimes this also works.

14. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

I’m sorry but what do you mean by entitlement will go live after 1-2 weeks after rush hour?

15. ARuscoe

Another thing that should probably have been covered on the stream last night, or in a post in the last few days...
    I know it's a very difficult complex process DTG are going through, but for users this must feel like they're constantly being kicked

• Like Like x 4
  16. DXR8002

Irrelevant. I know how to use the PSN. This is a licensing issue because the digital collector's edition is a different SKU from the standard and the only free upgrade path has been allocated to the standard edition only. DTG made this same mistake with the last upgrade to TSW2.

17. DTG Natster

Another way of saying it is, you will see the option to upgrade 1-2 weeks after the release.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  18. DXR8002

I'm sorry Nat, but you're wrong. I am in NZ, the ps5 version is live and as I've said, the digital collector's version CAN NOT be upgraded for free, only the standard, They are different SKUs. Please look into this asap. I can provide you screenshots if you wish.

19. DTG Natster

At the moment it won't show up as free. You will need to wait 1-2 weeks for the upgrade to become available for disc owners.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

So as I have collectors edition on disc, I won’t be able to get the PS5 version for 1-2 weeks. Will I still be able to get the core update and Boston sprinter on the PS4 edition?

21. DTG Natster

Yes.

22. DXR8002

Done both of these mate, doesn't work. As I said. the store is recognizing the games as different SKUs, when I press options I get 'view product', that takes me to the standard ps5 edition and asks for 48.95. You can all not believe me if you want, you'll see tomorrow.

23. ARuscoe

Nobody is "Not believing you" (well anyone who remembers what happened last time anyway), but as Nat says, you will have to wait until they unlock this specific licensing path to upgrade... (and you have my sympathy, this is the first I've seen of this)

24. DTG Natster

paulmurphy_88 I am going to send you a direct message. I could do with some more information from you. And hopefully we can find out what's going on.

25. DXR8002

Please read my posts again. I have the DIGITAL COLLECTORS EDITION, My ps5 doesn't even have a disc drive.

26. DXR8002

ok

27. benuildo

benuildo Member

I believe you, but sometimes the playstation store is acting weird. Sometimes things are different in the different stores and sometimes these kind of issues disappear after a couple of hours. Unfortuantely I can't try it for myself because I live in europe.

• Like Like x 1
  28. DTG Natster

I have checked with our retail team, there is currently a delay when trying to upgrade the PS5 digital collector's edition. We don't have an exact timeframe for when this will become available yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Yet another ball dropped by DTG. Not considering the collectors edition owners is a rookie error but for disc owners to have to wait up to another two weeks is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Nathan Kemp

Nathan Kemp Active Member

So the new American DLC is now available on PS4 store NZ, can we play that on TSW 2 or do we have to wait for the update?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  31. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s becoming like a game of KerPlunk :o:D

• Like Like x 4
  32. DTG Natster

You can buy and play it now, and update later when you feel like it. Just remember that when you update your player profile won't be transferred over.

33. Nathan Kemp

Thanks very much. So are you saying when the update is released In NZ I will loose my current progress on the game?

34. DXR8002

Unbelievable. Days, weeks, months?

• Like Like x 1
  35. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Why is the info only being revealed now, in a community created thread? Is there anything else that we need to know because it seems to be changing on a daily basis as to what is actually happening.

This whole process really seems like the studio is just winging it and hasn’t actually looked into the logistics.

• Like Like x 5
  36. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey, Nathan. If you choose to play on the PS5 version, your profile and progress won't be transferred to PS5 from your current PS4 save. We've spent a long time working on a solution, but weren't able to get one in time for launch. We will continue to investigate though, and update you all if that changes.

37. Nathan Kemp

Thanks for rhar. I've bought new American DLC and when I go to start the game it crashes.

38. DXR8002

Nevermind that, please do not derail my thread, can you give a solution as to how I can upgrade the DIGITAL collectors edition to ps5 for free as per the OP?

• Like Like x 1
  39. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

So, when the UK system goes live at midnight, I can only get the standard upgrade to PS5 version and not the collectors edition which I own digitally (as all my TSW/TSW2 has been purchased digitally).
    Am I getting the gist here?

40. DXR8002

Correct. If you originally bought the digital collectors edition you're screwed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. DTG Natster

This is a temporary delay for digital collector's edition holders. We will give you a timeframe as soon as we are able.

42. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Here’s a thought delay the launch until you do. After all you thought nothing to delaying the PS4 core update when everyone was expecting it yesterday. What’s the point of launching something when there is clearly still solutions to find?

• Like Like x 2
  43. DXR8002

Can you at least say what caused this? DTG or Sony? I'd love to know and this is almost the last straw for me to be honest.

44. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

To say that this has been handled incompetently is a disservice to the incompetent!

• Like Like x 4
  45. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

Waited around all day yesterday for an update. Didn't happen.

So, start looking forward to tomorrow having recently acquired a PS5, I've really been looking forward to the next gen version. Just see this news and double check which version of TSW2 I bought....yup... Collector's Edition.

*sigh*

• Like Like x 2
  46. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I think quite a lot of people got the collectors edition. I got mine back in November last year as the deluxe and collectors editions of the game were actually cheaper than the base game (the base game was still full price at £24.99).

• Like Like x 1
  47. shhweeet#4292

According to ARuscoe everything is Sony’s fault. So I’d go with that if I was you.

• Like Like x 1
  48. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

How come people are getting this update now? I thought everyone was getting it at the same time, not midnight local time. This is what I understood from Nat’s post in the Announcements forum. Does that mean that all PS4/5 users are getting it a day earlier than everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  49. shhweeet#4292

Very true but at least when whatever is released you would know everything works and is as it should be.

I was driving my car today and the brakes didn’t work and I crashed. On enquiry to the manufacturer they told me they knew about the fault / problem but hadn’t found the solution to it yet but decided to release the car onto the market anyway. They told me not to worry and they would let me know when they had one. This made me very happy to know this but my car isn’t much use. ;)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  50. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey - from the forum thread, it mentions that PlayStation users will be getting access to the Core update and Boston Add-on based on their local time (similarly to how regular updates work). Xbox, Steam, and Epic use 'global' time, so everyone will gain access at the same time - which is different to how it would normally work (Xbox is usually based on local time).

• Helpful Helpful x 1