What Comes First Dlc Or The Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bradley, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

So…. What comes first the dlc at 00:00 Thursday or the update because surly you can’t play rush hour until the update is out but yet the update isn’t out until tomorrow. Seems they’ve proverbially backed themselves into a mess of a corner

• Like Like x 1
  2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I'd imagine update first, just wait and see

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

4. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

But what exactly is global time

5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Release the update at Midnight, I need to download the full day with all Routes

• Like Like x 1
  6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I meant to say same time across all regions.

7. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

How they don't know the rollout time for their own content yet is beyond me, given that DLC's have previously been midnight local time, and New Zealander's are already having issues, that says to me that it should still be midnight local time (BST for me), but with Dovetail, who even knows any more, certainly not the devs themselves it would seem...

My guess would be mid to late afternoon, possibly 4pm onwards, if that's the case, once all the downloading is done, I won't be playing the Boston Sprinter DLC until Friday at this rate.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Not for XBox as per the note we will be receiveing both later in the day this time. So you will not be able to buy the new route at midnight per usual.

PS remains the same at midnight. And PC users are already used to getting it later in the day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

That's why I said mid to late afternoon, I'm hoping that it will be earlier, as I'm sure we all are, I just wish that Dovetail were more transparent and competent.

10. bakedpotatos.jm

And hopefully we don't have the same issue as PS players are right now.

Since its available in New Zealand and Australia for PS, apparently if you own the Digital collectors edition and perhaps the Deluxe it is not recognizing you own TSW2 and is making you buy the PS5 version.

Apparently according to DTG it could take 1-2 weeks for it to recognize you own it.

At this point I'm just starting to feel bad for DTG. Can this go any smoother for them?

Maybe next year no pack just a core update?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

This has me very nervous, as I own the Digital Deluxe version of TSW2, hopefully it's just a PlayStation issue, no respect to Sony players, it must be incredibly frustrating.

It could even just be a regional issue affecting New Zealand and Australia, we just won't know until it starts rolling out for them in other regions.

12. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I am assuming the store page will allow you to PURCHASE the pass from midnight UTC onwards - but the Boston route will show as preordered until the hour of the update actually going live, at which point it will unlock. That's how most XBox releases like this work.

13. AidenTEM

AidenTEM New Member

It releases when Microsoft says it releases, unfortunately I don't think Dovetail had any say in this

14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Its up

15. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We should be live now, folks. Let me know if you're having any issues on Xbox.

16. bakedpotatos.jm

Your up super early, and I am up super late.

All installed smooth for me on Series X in Canada. And I have to say it looks like a brand new game with updated textures and draw distances on the older routes.

And Boston - Providence installed perfectly. I did one Amtrak run and no glitches at all.

Despite all the hoopla and stress leading up to this moment I have to say a big thank you to the entire team.

I am blown away by it all and very impressed.

Also the Season Ticket was $7.00 cheaper in Canadian than I thought it was going to be.

But I should be going to bed now I do have to work tomorrow. Fortunately I still work from home and it has been quiet in the office so probably I will be driving trains more than working my actual job.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thanks for the lovely feedback. Glad you're enjoying it!