Nice To Be Here And Meet You All.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Aljaž Skarlovnik, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Aljaž Skarlovnik

Aljaž Skarlovnik Active Member

I'm Aljaž Skarlovnik, a railfan and "gamer" from Slovenia.

In the field of railroading, I'm especially interested steam locomotives an American designs, as well as some continental European ones. Don't get me wrong, the Brits make excelent locomotives too. You know what? I'm just going to list them.

My favorite (steam) desgins are:
    -(USA) USRA Light Mountain (especially the later-built SOO Line modification), FRISCO T-54 (1522 :3 ), Pennsy T1 (Go T1 Trust! I CHOOSE YOU!!), Reading T1, C&O / N&W J3a and the S160.
    -(GB) LBSC E2 (ofc), Hunslet Austerity, LNER B12 and GWR King.
    -(Europe) JŽ class 11 (MAV 424), JŽ class 06, k.k.St.B class 73, DRB class 58, DRB class 52 ("Kriegslok") and Sudbahn 17c.
    -(Rest of the world) P-38, SAR 26 "Red Devil", Locomotora Argentina ( :'( ), NZR Kb.

With all that being said, I sort of wish there were more American and European steam locomotives in this game (those underscored can actually be downloaded). I might have to do something about that...

As for where else you can find me, I have a DeviantArt profile with lots of pics of trains and nature and stuff, as well as two YouTube channels (but I will only link the relevant one).
    https://www.deviantart.com/trainzdriver
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC4_azkgntDKL8advqTDMXA

If anyone bothered to read this, CONGRATS and thanks. I wish you all a very nice and productive day.

I'll leave you with the image of my absolute favorite: a MAV 424, Yugoslavian class 11, locomotive 023. One of three locomoitves used to pull Yugoslavian President Josip Broz Tito's Blue Train. I just helped clean this locomotive on the 12. 7. 2018 (d/m/y), but she is inside so I have no good pictures of her, and had to rip this one from the net. Enjoy.

9272439847_df9ec9edce_b.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum we are glad to have you here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums - great choice of Steam locomotives by the way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Welcome, although I cant quite believe the LNER A4 missed out on your list ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Aljaž Skarlovnik

Aljaž Skarlovnik Active Member

It's an excelent locomotive by all means, and they looks very nice too, but I just like some locomotives, some other streamlining designs, more.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

A pleasure to make your acquaintance Aljaz. Welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1