Train Sim World 2 - Boston Sprinter + Core Update Information | Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Aug 18, 2021.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Will all .pak files be re-downloaded? Will all DLCs be playable (compatible with 4.26) tomorrow (Steam)? Will there be a list? Steam reserves a lot of disk space in such cases. Perhaps it would be wise to delete the game, wait for the info, download it again. BR o7

2. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Yes all .Pak have had updates so will all redownload. On steam all currently released DLCS will be playable. I have personally uninstalled for a fresh start, some advice just unticking the DLCs on Steam and enable as you want/need them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

What is your authority for stating that "all .Pak [files] have had updates so will all redownload"? Numerous PAK files are created and applied by TSW2 users, not by DTG and I feel pretty sure that DTG will not be applying to 3rd party *.pak files.

4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

The post is assuming you have no 3rd party mods, in which case all .pak files would be redownloaded.

• Like Like x 2
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Confirmed

6. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

This is correct I assumed you have no 3rd party mods, as they will not work following the update anyway, each mod creator will be required to update their mods to support the new version. All .Pak files have needed updating to the new 4.26 Unreal engine which is why they will be full downloads.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The point that all of the pak files will need to be re-downloaded is exactly right. Irrespective of whether they are mods or files from DTG, everything needs to be remade for 4.26, none of the older versions will work any more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I'm just going to let it get on with it, cant be arsed with all the uninstall deactivate dlc nonsense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is sometimes a necessity - owners of low-capacity drives. I asked because I didn't know if all the .pak files would be recompiled until 'tomorrow'. I am not able to download all at once with everything already installed /o\

Thanks for the replies - it follows from them, everything will be playable. In my case, that means re-installing the game. BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2021
  10. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Good news for you. The install size has gone down with a ratio of 3:1 approximately, so you will have some extra space on your drive when the install is finished (it will still use more space while the update is in progress).

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

My download is 80GB, and some players who have *everything* report 100GB. Steam reserves the space before starting the download, so (for those whose drives are a bit full) it won't start unless the space is there.

• Like Like x 1