My Experience With The Upgrade & A Request For Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by johnnyboy, Aug 19, 2021.

1. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

Good morning Everyone,

I hope you all are well. I wanted to express my experience with the upgrade last night, especially after reading all the posts of anger, despair and frustration on this forum yesterday. After I downloaded the upgrade last night (930 PM Pacific), the game started up, no problem. Saw some differences right away that were good (new intro video, changed format, shorter load times, etc...) and bad (some of my dlc missing). I went ahead and started a timetable run in SPG with SD40s running a westward manifest. First thing I noticed was the scenery looked more detailed, and the colors seemed to have a more darker tone to them. Next, I noticed that I only had 1 free camera instead of 2 (I like to set one in the front and the second in the rear of my trains). When I tried Bakerloo this morning, I could not get a free camera at all. Back to last night, the next thing I noticed was that the end of my train had 2 AC4400CWs. I have never seen that before in a timetable run! When I got the train moving towards Hyndman, the scenery looked much better in motion and the sound seemed better as well. However, I did notice that the wheels were more of a fuzzy blur though. All in all, there are some disappointments with the upgrade, but I mostly like what I see. I trust that DTG is doing their best and that they will try to get these issues resolved quickly.

I know us humans love to gripe (guilty), but my advice to some of you is that if you expect perfection all the time, then you should also expect to be disappointed. Also, with all the suffering going on in this world now, being able to gripe about a game means we got it pretty good.

DTG, my request (besides getting my dlc back) is for more discounts to the dlc. My missus is kind of a miser, and the only time she gives me the OK to download more is when it is on sale. So...wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, right?

Thank you for your time and be safe out there.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

I really don't get the free camera - been wanting it on console without a keyboard - but pretty much useless as it has one snail pace motion - so unless you are stationary - what's the point. Struggled to keep up with the arosa line at 30.... :( Unless Im missing a shortcut or control feature somewhere - the guides in the start menu arent great. eg not saying hold down for 5 secs to take a screenshot might have helped - this is why netter guides and instructions should always come with games - online, or on their site? But on a positive note - apart from still no GWR - I too feel the Next Gen upgrades are really good - texture, colour tones, frame rates all really good and Passengers - actually having someone get on and off the train. Which was a rare occurence on my Original gen PS4. Hopefully little glitches (as usual) can be fixed and please someone at DTG get back or look into the free cam again. Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  3. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Perfection? People are going crazy because this update is a monstrous mess, not because they're looking for perfection. DTG incompetence hit new heights today. Embarrassing.

• Like Like x 3