PC Boston Sprinter Signalling Mess Up

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by jakeshortj#6259, Aug 19, 2021.

1. jakeshortj#6259

jakeshortj#6259 New Member

I've just started playing the new Boston Sprinter route, and it looks excellent so far! Except, the signalling causes a huge number of problems- I keep getting yellow/red signals when the path ahead is actually clear. Using the ATC and ACSES systems this limits my speed to rather slow speeds- not quite 'America's fastest line'...

And then there was this- a multi-train pile up on the Providence-bound line caused by one of the branches merging onto the main line, see below.

Have either of these problems been replicated by others, as it seems to make the route unplayable in this state.
    20210819174122_1.jpg 20210819173810_1.jpg 20210819173802_1.jpg 20210819173741_1.jpg 20210819173733_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I've just now been held at a red signal on service MBTA Franklin #722 only for a train the other way to be routed into my path at the exit of Readville station. Dispatcher clearly suffering from some woe.

upload_2021-8-19_18-8-47.png

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This could be the two train traffic jam I saw on the second stream. I reported it and posted a screenshot, but got no acknowledgment.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jakeshortj#6259

Think that might be the same problem causing the traffic jam I noticed. Dispatcher must have had a few too many before starting up :o

5. AnthonyMacNZ

AnthonyMacNZ Member

So far all I had was AI trains not stopping at the red signals, instead they will come real close to the end of my train when stopped at a station.

6. Oldcustard

Oldcustard Member

I am also getting a run of yellow approach signals and 30mph ATC limit approaching Providence, with a seemingly empty track ahead when running southbound on Amtrak #173

7. jakeshortj#6259

Is there any indication of the timetabling issues causing trains to get stuck on conflicting paths being fixed? Or some sort of acknowledgment it’s being looked at DTG JD?

Sorry for the tag but I feel like I’m shouting into the abyss about this when it makes Boston Sprinter unplayable at times while the same issue has been seen on London Commuter :/

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

don't worry you aren't the only one frustrated. I can't play a continuous service mode day cause after the first service all the trains just lock up on the route. went into free roam in the AM, left it going for about 2-3 hours, and when I came back to check map view, every single service was either stuck at a red or stuck behind 2-4 other frozen consists stuck at reds with absolutely nothing blocking their path. really thought something this big would've been fixed already :(

9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Are there any updates on the signalling fix progress? Haven’t played Boston Sprinter because of it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Won't be fixed. It's pretty evident now.

11. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Appreciate this is frustrating, but the signalling issues on Boston Sprinter are being looked into by the team. I understand it's taking longer to get resolved you would have liked, but I don't currently have any news to share. Once we have an updae regarding the progress we've made we will ensure you are kept up to date.

It's not been forgotten, and you aren't shouting into the abyss on this.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I think it's understandable that it's taking long, people just wanted to know what's up. But it's good to hear it's being looked into and not forgotten. So thank you for the info, Nat.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

Thank you for responding and letting us know! :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. ger842

ger842 New Member

Not really a signalling issue, but schedule 171 with the NEC ACS-64 is giving ACES problems between Route 128 and just before Providence. The speed is restricted to 20 mph while it should be 125 for this part of the journey.