Train Sim World 2 - All Aboard For Boston

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Aug 19, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

MicrosoftTeams-image (99).jpg
    Read the article here

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Great article, Gary has a way with words that is for sure.

Just one word for this route... Brilliant!

Even with the known errors that will be fixed it is great to see the volume of traffic on the route as you come into Boston. And the passengers..I am on cloud 9.

A very impressed player here.

• Like Like x 2
  3. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I can't even get my train to move on this route (PS4), Automatic brakes won't release. Plus I'm still missing my DLC's, Is there anyway I can get a refund?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

All the missing DLC should return over the next 24 hours

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Tomorrow then Dresden Riesa Screenshots and Next Week first preview Stream

6. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

This is what DTG "promised" us since Rush Hour was first announced,

All routes and upgrades will be a day one release. They were wrong.

All preserved routes will be ported over on day one instead of the trickle effect for TSW2. They were wrong.

The price would be £25. They were wrong.

The core update would very likely be released on the Tuesday. They were wrong.

An update to fix the issues on PlayStation would be released today. They were wrong.

Forgive me if I don't take their word seriously that products I've paid for will turn up when they say they will.

• Like Like x 11
  7. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Guessing this won't be free ? Will the rush hour update include free routes or is just updates to stuff already purchased. ?

8. george#8713

george#8713 Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous, DTG what are you doing

• Like Like x 2
  9. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

How not to run a business 101

• Like Like x 2
  10. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Just had my first full Amtrak run from Boston to Providence. I'm very impressed! I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to driving the MBTA stuff. I was especially impressed with the sounds on the F40 on the tutorial-I'm excited to do a full run on it.

I can only hope this improvement in sounds is carried over to the Brighton Mainline. If they can overhaul the sounds for these locos one would hope they could do the same for the 377s/387s, especially as they practically just have to roll out of bed to find the trains to record sounds, as opposed to having to cross the Atlantic.

• Like Like x 5
  11. RailRoadEngineer

RailRoadEngineer Member

there will be an editor
    they were wrong
    XD

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. madda253

madda253 Member

Really enjoying the route so far, luckily for me everything installed without a hitch.

However, it is the primarily the audio that is causing issues for me on my series X.

First is the clicking sound that randomly appears. The other is the main engine sound cuts out for me between 10 and 30mph and the auxillary engine sound gets amplified.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Been my experience as well on Series X. Overall the upgrade process was painless and the new route has exceeded my expectations.

The audio looping bugs are really frustrating, though, since apparently it's only the Xbox versions affected and it wasn't present in TSW2020. Only with TSW2 and the move to UE 4.23 and now to 4.26.

I really hope it can be made a priority fix because it's completely immersion-breaking.

• Like Like x 3
  14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The stars are right \o/

Very good DLC. Superior sounds (one of the best in TSW), distinct identity. Mission accomplished.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

I bought it already in the morning (European time) on Steam. Except for the fact that I managed to buy it before the discount was properly applied (and never noticed, until it was too late to refund, let's see what Steam customer service does with it), I'm quite impressed.

I have just finished probably the most interesting run I had in TSW. Ever. After doing some trainings and the first service from the Journey mode (to Stoughton, which was pretty okay, although nothing to write in the internet about) I wanted something quick for the end of the day. I I chose MBTA Franklin #740 service, as it was supposed to take only 15 minutes. It didn't, although I'm not complaining.

First of all, I found myself unable to leave the side track and enter the main line. First I had to wait for an MBTA train going to Boston. I thougght that would be it, but no, then came an Amtrak from Boston. Meanwhile I did try to ask the dispatcher, but no luck. Eventually yet another MBTA service to Bostone came and went. The time was already 8:15, when I was supposed to be at the next station, 8 miles away as a crow flies. I was starting to get exasperated and smell a bug, but I asked the dispatcher again and got "proceed at restricted speed" response, also properly indicated on ATC/ACSES. So to the mainline I went. A few moments later I realised that I am actually within the same signal block as the preceding train - it was only leaving a platform which I was approaching (and I wasn't even scheduled to stop there), but the cab signalling kept me at a safe-ish distance, alternating between 20 and 30 mph limits. Later there were some sections where I was allowed to accelerate a little, but I was never allowed to forget that the track ahead is not empty. I ended up at Boston South with more than 20 minutes of delay, but still with a gold medal. Now I do not know whether this was realistic, don't know if it worked as designed, I also do not know (and this I will check later) whether I could have forced my way to the mainline earlier by asking the dispatcher at a right time. What I do know though is that I enjoyed the run, and I did get that "rush hour" feeling. 10/10 in entertainment scale, would do that again.

I also had found one annoying glitch earlier; it partially resulted from my error, still it should not have happened like this. It was during the cab car training run. I came to the first scheduled stop and accidentally opened left doors instead of the right ones. Well, easy mistake, you just close them. Except you don't. Some of them closed, others didn't. I could close half of them manually, but not the other half (on rear ends of coaches). I could even move the train no problem, but the objective "lock the doors" would not update, so I was eventually forced to repeat the training; pretty annoying as the distances between stations north of Providence are pretty long. Still just a minor thing and probably not going to affect many.

Other glitch I foudn was that when I try to exit the game straight from the simulation (not via main menu), I will get a crash message from Unreal Engine. Not a big deal, as this happens when I intend to quit the game anyway, but suggests something is wrong somewhere.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

As Matt mentioned today on the stream do a verify integrity of game files, it's possible when things updated something did not update correctly. To do this right click on TSW2, then go into properties. Then select local files then do a verify.

17. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

First, just want to say I love the new ACS64 sounds! What a soundscape this loco has. Easily comparable in quality to the BR101.
    Beware though, anyone who hasn't played it yet, the amtrak brakes are WEAK. I definitely didn't go sailing past route 128 with the emergency brakes on *side eye meme* :)

A couple bugs I encountered right off the bat, however:
    I've only run Amtrak service #171 (~7:59A). Leaving Boston, I came across a couple silent F40s, no main engine or HEP audio present. I let my amtrak train pass and held by one of the F40s with the 8 camera to confirm. I hope this is just some isolated random occurrence and isn't a sign of things to come.

Also, upon arriving at Back Bay, I found an MBTA train with only one car on the platform with it's doors open:
    20210819180822_1.jpg 20210819180919_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

Can the railroad crossing at Canton Center reactivate once the train starts moving towards it after it stops?

19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

External camera sounds, progression (with speed changes) - simply amazing. Very realistic. So far, I have only experienced MBTA and I am delighted with this element. The rolling stock sounds wonderful. Love it \o/

• Like Like x 1
  20. kobo

kobo Active Member

I play on playstation, and I had this same glitch happen to me too. I was playing from the F40 though, came in way too fast to the station, opened the doors on the wrong side, and couldn't close them. after opening on the correct side, the doors still wouldn't close, but i could still move the train. nothing updated and i had to restart the service.

21. bakedpotatos.jm

On series X I find if you drive a highspeed train the cab interior starts to go all blurry to where you can't even read the numbers.

This is a huge immersion breaker and it seems to start at about 120km/h and I've seen it on LGV, SEHS, HMA and SKA.

Please if this could be fixed I would be 100% happy.

• Like Like x 1
  22. kobo

kobo Active Member

do you have motion blur on? there's a possibility that might have something to do with it. I turn those things off, as i get physically sick as a result.

23. bakedpotatos.jm

Nope motion blur is off. It's like the texture setting decreases the faster you go. And outside view looks fine its just all the writing goes blurry and unreadable on the cab desk.

Attached Files:

24. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I can't complete the MBTA Providence #822 once getting to Boston after the Go Via Interlocking it doesn't show up on how far to go and we get a red signal.

25. chinchillaxs#8354

chinchillaxs#8354 Member

Am I right in thinking that the voiceover for this route is Nat putting on an American accent?

26. madda253

madda253 Member

I believe it's Matt's wife doing the voiceover as she is American

• Like Like x 3
  27. chinchillaxs#8354

chinchillaxs#8354 Member

Fair enough. I meant no criticism, I was just sure I could hear elements of someone who is either from or lives in the UK, so that would make sense too.

Also, I’m getting some wicked texture flicker on the dashboard in the ACS64 on Xbox Series X. And like others have said, at speed everything looks a lot blurrier than before.

28. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There are also aspects of the Boston accent (Matt's wife is from there) which are vaguely British

• Like Like x 2
  29. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I’m playing on Series X and holy cow! I have been absolutely loving the Boston route along with the core update. Having always been a console player what a HUGE difference with the Series X/PS5 versions. Textures and all around graphics and gameplay have never looked this good and felt this good. Very excited. I also want to point out how easy the upgrade process was on Xbox as it literally just updated the game and routes by itself. Love it!

• Like Like x 4
  30. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt I'm sorry to tag you, but I'm wondering why the Amfleets have no brake sounds. They have such a recognizable sound, and it's sad that they're missing.

31. CeeJai

CeeJai New Member

Omg. I thought it was just me. I got to the 2nd to last stop after about 30 minutes of playing and opened the wrong doors and that was it. The doors on either side wouldn’t close but I was able to move my train. Unfortunately I never got the next objective market and had to restart the entire scenario over. Ugh.

32. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Happened to me as well. :D But seriously I highly doubt brakes would even be allowed to be this bad. You need to start braking about 2 miles ahead to get the stop right and that seems a bit too much, especially for such a light train.

33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It could be that the physics model screwed up the standard Siemens regenerative/air blended brakes, so that you only get one or the other acting. Or, just maybe, that the brakes on the Amfleets don't engage at all (hence the lack of that distinctive sound).

• Like Like x 1
  34. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

Just bought the season ticket. Looking forward to Boston since my early days were spent there though before the trains in the game. I rode on the Ol’ MTA (as the song goes).

• Like Like x 1
  35. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

I found the same sound issues with an Xbos series S on a run in journey mode,
    tried the same run in timetable mode and the sound was fine - odd!

36. games4u19

games4u19 New Member

will the double decker btc-5 and ctc-5 coaches and cabcars be added to the dlc? also is the acela or avelia Liberty coming soon, and although the F40ph-3c is a semi-common loco used on this line, is the very often seen and operated HSP-46 coming soon as a dlc? final question. will more lines be added to the dlc like the foxboro special or the frankin line, the franklin line branches off of the main line at readville and continues to ForgePark station. would be highly appreciated if all these get added. thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  37. games4u19

games4u19 New Member

also a comment. if you would like to (and this would be highly appreciated among locals like myself) i can get you footage of the LED and Og displays at station along all lines.

38. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would like to see the Franklin line and forge park along with the HSP46 locomotive on the Boston sprinter route for a update sometime in the future.

39. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I wonder if we’ll see the Hsp46 locomotive sometime soon along with the Franklin or Worcester line.

40. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I wonder if you’ll stop moaning about that every time ?

• Like Like x 1
  41. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

But if they didn't unceasingly ask about trains and branch lines for NEC: Boston-Providence, Harlem, and LIRR, would they have anything to post at all?