Get A Grip Folks - Even Apple Gets Updates Wrong

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by saxon#3093, Aug 19, 2021.

1. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

as frustrating as this all is - frankly its not the first time any company has had rollout problems on release day. Sensible people would have waited anyway - Day 1 Patch is a standard yes?

seem to recall iphone users losing their content during IOS updates; so if the largest company in the world has QA issues, it seems a bit churlish to have a pop at a small developer who you should be happy has the motivation to produce such a niche product.

so bit of patience and stop acting like spoilt brats:)

• Like Like x 16
  2. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

and why are people still posting new threads wondering why their DLC has gone - DTG have some quite clear threads on this pinned to the PS forum - eyes peeled people!

• Like Like x 4
  3. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Apple don’t have issues every time they do an update. DTG have yet once again messed things up not just with the update either. Instead of showing improvement they are making more errors than previously. People have right to post their views about the situation and the more posts will show how much customers are fed up with DTG’s lack of professionalism.

• Like Like x 16
  4. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

It seems they are posting their emotions first rather than taking a breath and reading those pinned threads.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I think too many updates for too many different things and for all platforms on the same day and it was obvious that something was going to go wrong. It seems that ps4 users are the most affected right now. This is not easy but I hope DTG reacts and gives solutions.

On the one hand I want to be patient with DTG because they have done a lot of work and possibly under a lot of pressure to meet deadlines. But on the other hand I find it hard to understand why they are not more flexible with their planning. If they saw that time was running out, maybe it would have been better to postpone the release a few days or weeks to try to avoid this chaos. Thanks to this they could have even released the updates staggered in order to have more capacity to react to possible problems.

Of course the workers are not to blame for all this. In fact I think they have done an amazing job but they don't do the planning. So my thanks for their efforts, I bet the last few weeks have not been easy for them.

• Like Like x 7
  6. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

I agree, but if they would have gotten grief anyway if they postponed it (reading through the posts on Tuesday calling them liars). Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Actually are you for real. This morning I switched my PS4 on went to TSW2 and it automatically started the download process. Now the game simply crashes and can’t play any route including the 3 that came with TSW2 and you think people should be happy that DTG have managed to post a couple of threads. Sony are not in the wrong here DTG are for not testing things properly. Yes I can accept some issues but now I can’t play the game at all.

• Like Like x 6
  8. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

I'm only a recent member of this community, so have not experienced the previous situations, so fair enough - that said; from what I have seen from the streams etc, I would not agree that they are not professional.

• Like Like x 1
  9. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

The pinned posts are DTG damage limiting saying a lot but not really saying anything with regards to various questions players have been wanting answers to across various threads on here throughout today. They’ve basically said another down load is coming for all the missing dlc’s but they have no idea when?

Forgive me here but we could probably have worked that out for ourselves.

Why has the base game ceased to work for some? Why is the PS store and TSW store link trying to charge everyone again when the PS Store via the mobile app says they are free? Will the missing dlc’s automatically re appear when the dlc update goes live, Etc, etc. Answer they don’t actually know which isn’t good enough when their players are currently in complete limbo.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  10. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

I have a PS4 Pro, and except for missing dlc, have had no issues with the game after the upgrade. Also, you have the option of pausing or even deleting the upgrade (it took about half an hour) before it completes, so that is on you.

11. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

You are right. There are many people who are never happy with anything!

• Like Like x 3
  12. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

didn't say you should be happy. I was just perplexed why people were asking a question at 1630 european time that has been addressed already.

• Like Like x 4
  13. shhweeet#4292

Deliver what you say your going to deliver and make sure what you deliver actually works = happy people in general.

• Like Like x 8
  14. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

People pay for a product (most people will have bought the season pass for the Boston route) and it doesn't work have the right to vent their frustrations when it doesn't work. You want to be thankful to the people that complain, otherwise gaming would be a very poor experience.

From what I've seen on here and on Facebook, the criticism has been fair and not abusive. If a company can't take criticism, making media products isn't for them.

• Like Like x 9
  15. shhweeet#4292

Well if you’ve read all the threads you should know the answer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Okay youre people have no clue how difficult this is... And than i'm talking about the side off the consoles. There so many things can go wrong without DTG hands. The biggest issue sofar seems like that the update is not going well interms off the dlcs. The base game works but the preserved collection and other addons doesnt. I think that DTG have make a mistake to release it so close to the season ticket. But so what... What make it a diffrece to release it earlier. Thats make no sense to the feeling off everyone here. I can only say.... Yes this is a mess but thats the cost that people play on a console. For PC there where no big issues sofar. Thats the price off thinking to big DTG!

• Like Like x 3
  17. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

well in relation to my specific point about missing DLC; yes I have read all the threads and its all variations of "my dlc has disappeared; waaaaahhhhh" to which there is a clear message saying that updates are staggered and expect to get them soon. just be patient - have you guys not got lives beyond TSW?! they have said not to buy DLC again which we can all intepret as a fix is coming

• Like Like x 5
  18. shhweeet#4292

The console market is aimed at players who are not technically minded and just want everything to work as simple and as effort less as possible. My daily job is probably difficult for some people so does that mean any failure on my part to do it properly should directly impact people in a negative way? According to you they shouldn’t care less and chill so in future I will not give a fig how professional I carry it out.

Just as well I wasn’t brought up to really think like that though eh

• Like Like x 3
  19. shhweeet#4292

Yes I have a life but currently I’m quite interested in this debacle because the unprofessional way DTG are going about this is an eye opener for me for sure.

Still the good thing is any future problems with TSW2 we will be able to come to you and ask you for the answers and get reassurance. Top man!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

This is not comparable to simply getting something wrong. We were told Rush Hour would be released on August 19. We were not told the PS4 version of TSW2 would end up bricked on August 19, and that it might only be fully restored by the end of the next day. Not within the acceptable range of the error margin.

Their urge to advertize a new paid product took precedence over customer relationship management. It’s actually ironic considering how much weekly effort DTG puts into community interaction.

• Like Like x 4
  21. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

I don't think anyone here has said no one should complain or gripe. I firmly believe it is a right for us to gripe. Could DTG have handled this better? Sure. Do I think they should perform better QC of products before shipping them out? Absolutely! Do I want my missing dlc back? You bet!

But to hear them being called unprofessional, of being called liars, of not caring for their customers in some of these threads, not only do I think is abusive, but can damage and or destroy a company. I am relatively new here myself. Got the game a couple of months ago, started checking the DoveTail Live articles last week, and began reading the forums a few days ago. I saw plenty of times where DTG staff posted threads and responded to questions and complaints. To me right there, is being professional and caring about your customers. And for them to be accused of lying means they were intentionally trying to deceive. Sure, they did not plan this well, but I do not believe they were intentionally deceiving people and I believe they did their best in telling people what is going on and answering questions. It is too bad that most seem too quick to shoot off a complaint rather than checking the threads for any possible answers. Or perhaps that is just plain lazy on their part.

Now, lets talk about the customers here. Except for missing dlc, I have had no issues with the upgrade. I don't know about other systems (I have PS4 Pro), so those issues should be investigated. However, I do wonder if people are really being truthful about their issues. Do they understand how their system works? One poster here seems to not know that they could have paused, or even delete the upgrade before it had a chance to complete! And I hate to dive into conspiracies but that sends to be the "in" thing nowadays, but I wonder that the timing of the upgrade with a major dlc being shipped out that some said, "Hey, if plenty complain, maybe DTG will cave and give out the dlc for free!" I don't believe it myself, but looking at what is going in this world right now makes me wonder...

OK, I have vented and I need to go and get some shopping done. Hopefully DTG fixes this soon and everyone is happy again (if that is ever possible).

• Like Like x 6
  22. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Well if you got the game about 2 months ago your comments have little value to those who have suffered DTG’s lack of professionalism for years. You might not have had issues apart from missing DLC but there are many whose game now just crashes never mind the missing DLC. Yesterday they had a game they could play today they don’t. There are no possible answers on the threads for people who can’t play the game at all.

• Like Like x 1
  23. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

OK, if you feel that they have been unprofessional for all these years, then why are you still here? Why do you still give them money? If that is the case, then apparently you have not a learned a lesson here.

• Like Like x 2
  24. FallenAngel00me

DTG hold quite the monopoly on train sims. Sure there are others, but for those who want authenticity, there's no option. Especially if you're on console.

• Like Like x 2
  25. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Well if you find another rail simulator that looks good on PlayStation then tell us what it is johhnyboy. Even today’s new route has been released with issues they know about.

• Like Like x 1
  26. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

All I have to say on the matter is i have better turn off my Wi-Fi so it does not update. The other option is to not play anything or even turn my PS4 on for at least a week. Have to say Thank you to the Management of DTG for yet again not doing your jobs.

• Like Like x 2
  27. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

Because one company makes an arse of something does not make it okay for every other company to do the same.

28. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

Absolutely agree; and whether I bought TSW2 yesterday or last year is irrelevant to the validity of my points. As far as I can see from the product and the many DLCs I own; the products are good. While I totally agree that they should learn from how they execute their updates; as said above then maybe also wait a bit. Anyway that’s me done on this thread. My objective was to try and bring some balance to the negative bile.

• Like Like x 4
  29. FallenAngel00me

Imagine thinking you're bringing balance to the topic when your opening posy called people spoilt brats lol

• Like Like x 1
  30. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

Yeah didn’t say I was successful. And I stand by the spoilt brat comment. It’s totally correct to raise issues but seriously the melodrama is not needed.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Nielsen

Melodrama? Are you even aware of the fact the PS4 game was rendered unplayable?

• Like Like x 1
  32. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

Yes princess I am. Have u uninstalled and reinstalled?

• Like Like x 1
  33. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

First, I am not responsible for your happiness. You are. Do the research, weigh the pros and cons, and decide whether the trouble is worth going through. You said this has been going on for years and from your responses, it seems you have made the decision to stick with it because you feel it is the only game in town. If not, you would have given up long ago to find another game, maybe on a different system (PC?). I honestly feel that DTG does not enjoy being in these situations and is doing what they can to fix things. However, jumping up and down, bashing your keyboard and shouting, "Fix it!! Fix it now!!" is not helping, and frankly is wasted energy.

But, I now agree with the OP, it is time to enjoy life (what little some of us may have left). To those who have suffered through these issues but remain calm and polite, I believe DTG is doing their best to make things right and hope you are able to enjoy the game again soon.

But to those who would rather waste their energy kicking and screaming, have fun! I am going to go and enjoy playing my working TSW2 game!

• Like Like x 3
  34. Nielsen

So spending over £200 on something and expecting it to work now makes you a princess… Twisted age we live in.

35. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

Lmao. You’re absolutely right. How much you’ve spent is a direct connection to whether it works straight away. I note you didn’t answer the question.

• Like Like x 1
  36. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Careful with how you are talking to each other in here everyone. No need to take your frustrations out on each other.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Nielsen

I note that you are just wasting everyone’s time.

• Like Like x 1
  38. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

I Agree this is a waste of time but one thing i cannot get my head around is someone literally comparing a multi-million tech company which had 1 or 2 mistakes which they had fixed and in some cases refunded people to a company who literally messes up everything they launch.
    Its just pathetic how one person thinks they can say 'Stop posting threads on an issue' which has completely messed up the Paid Add-ons and i have spent over £300 on DLC's and only MSB i can play on, the person who has created this tread and has admitted he is new to TSW and i have been with the Train Sim World franchise since it launched on console and with TS before that on my PC , this person who launched this thread has literally NO i repeat NO idea of how many mistakes and i am not blaming the devs, its HR who give them launch date and they must complete what they can but honestly i think what they did with the 313 and push it back to a later date to refine it, but the amount of mistakes and rushed content is astronomically high. You have no idea how much rushed content has DTG released and people who has been in the DTG community as long as me can agree with me.

• Like Like x 2
  39. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Because people pay a great deal of money and invest a lot so it is a pretty big deal

• Like Like x 3
  40. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

If this was the NASA space program we'd have launched for the moon with Apollo 8 and barely left orbit, Apollo's 11-16 would have been in various states of solar orbit. And the latest Apollo 17 would have impacted the moon at one hell of a velocity....

• Like Like x 2
  41. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Best joke if the evening, thank you :D

• Like Like x 1
  42. joemcspliff#6716

joemcspliff#6716 New Member

Apple also don't run regular livestreams and B.S their viewers.

43. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

I'm off to the Winchester, grab a pint and wait for this to all blow over......
    75d6e85ead0d747fc4bed05d4589519cd2029ef8.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  44. woody

woody New Member

They did postpone it from Tuesday till today. They felt it was better to release the core update the same time as Boston Providence.

• Like Like x 1
  45. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

Apple have made many more mistakes to the point I assume you’re an Android user. Despite the errors Apple make with the updates, with there issues of poor hardware longevity which got rightly called on; I’m still a committed apple user because overall I like their products as part of my life. Look whatever guys. I’ve spent money too. A lot. However, based on the advise of the DTG I’ve held off installing the update and no doubt in the next day it will install on and I’ll get on with enjoying the game. Like a few have said; if you are THAT emotional about this and your THAT disappointed then just walk away. I never said that people have no right to highlight the errors but stop being so chuffing entitled. If DTG have been getting it wrong this long then it’s probably not going to improve at future updates but eventually with patience it all works out, as I’ve seen enough positive comments and my personal experience of playing the game.

46. Bullets_On_Parade

Bullets_On_Parade Member

It's not really being a spoilt brat if you've spent hundreds on a product that doesn't work though is it? Maybe have a think about your choice of words because there are a lot of people struggling in lockdown, spending their hard earned on some games so they don't go crazy, and now that money is tied up in something that doesn't do what is advertised. In fact, in my country there's a big federal court battle between its consumer protection division and sony for exactly this sort of thing.

• Like Like x 1
  47. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

It’s a game; not real estate. It isn’t working Today. In the next day or so no doubt it will be back. Money not lost. You’re acting like it’s lost forever.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Class156

Class156 Well-Known Member

talking the talk and walking the walk are two VERY different thing. Again and again with this game and TS Classic, they mess up. The amount we pay for DLC, it’s simply not good enough. The sooner a rival train sim comes out to compete the better. Complacency has well and truly set in.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I find it quite amusing that DTG delayed the update by two days to prevent problems from occurring, and then literally every possible problem occurred.

See you tomorrow, I'm off to try and find my invisible horse.

50. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

Yet when my broadband or TV services that I pay for aren't available I get a refund off them, Somehow I doubt DTG will be offering us a refund for the days we've spent being unable to play content we have already previously purchased.

• Like Like x 3