Warning! Dont Update Ps4 Wait!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Birita, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Zomb8

Zomb8 New Member

I'm new here and this has to be my first post. As a fellow fan of Train Sim World 2 I have to say I have never in all my years of gaming come across something so messy & convoluted as this update procedure and this is at the same time they're trying to sell us new routes?...with all this mess going on? Last thing I want to do now is pay more money. An update that is applied so simply to every other game has broken all the content I've bought for TSW2. I'm so frustrated by it all.

The official steps for downloading your add-ons won't work https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/ps4-downloading-owned-add-ons
    When I start the game I get the error message about installed add-on content needing to be updated. There is no update for the add-ons. There is no way to delete the add-ons on by one to redownload them, so I delete the whole game and re-download. Now I can see the add-ons in the PSN store that I bought & I can install them, I do. Boot the game and still get an error about the add-on content needing to be updated.

Okay I'll do it from in game, there is a price listed rather than being free in game store but I can click through with no charge and it installs...but still it does not appear and I get "add-ons need updates" message. I'm in the UK btw. Obviously the basic situation is that not all add-ons have been updated to work with the new version. Yet you're left in the dark, thinking deleting and downloading will fix things by following the devs own advice and that's not the case. Just a mammoth waste of time, frustration and bandwidth.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeeaahh, so it's all pretty much crap now on PS4. I'm off to play something else until we get an update that's actually been tested prior to release and where trying to play any of the content we've bought doesn't cause it to crash. I honestly thought things were starting to improve with TSW2, but this is the same old shambles we came to expect with 2020 and the reason I didn't bother even opening the game for months at the start of this year. Sad times.

• Like Like x 5
  3. septafan

septafan Active Member

Time to go back and play TSW 2020

• Like Like x 1
  4. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Agreed...never seen anything like this mess before...still afraid to update and not sure what i have to do...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

For me the Preserved Collection is in my library, but all TSW2 DLC has been removed from my library.

• Like Like x 4
  6. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Well its now Friday in the Uk and no patch. Well done DTG. Well......DONE.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. Doomotron

How are you doing, Synthetic Angel?
    You can cancel downloads... The update isn't some sort of virus that infects anything connected to the network.
    It's five minutes into Friday...

8. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Well I tried to re download WSR from my library as a test and it downloaded but all it does now is say waiting to be installed. It hasn’t actually appeared in the updated game itself.

I’m starting to get really sick of all this now. It’s nearly 24 hours since the core update automatically installed onto my PS4 and still no fix for the missing add ons / dlc’s. The PS store when visited still says I’ve to pay for them again whilst the PS store on mobile says they are free.

Currently myself along with everyone else have had dlc’s that we’ve paid a lot of money for taken away from us, these dlc’s are our property which we paid for in good faith. As it stands we’ve had our property stolen from us which is theft however you dress it up with excuses for DTG or Sony

I’m giving it one more day for them to sort it out and return what’s rightfully mine and if it’s not sorted I’m going to contact my credit card company who are obliged to recover the cost of what I paid on these dlc’s which through no fault of mine I no longer own / have

This has kind of finished me with TSW2. At this moment in time I’m really of the view that I’m never going to buy another dlc for TSW2 again. So I’ll just play with what I’ve got which is the base game route content on disc and the dlc’s I’ve paid for if they are ever recovered?? TSW2 and DTG can go and hang because they really don’t deserve my custom. My advice is everyone else should do the same and move onto something else like Sim Rail or whatever because this whole fiasco is properly ridiculous. It will never happen though because no one sticks together to make a stand these days which is why the likes of DTG get away with things like this.:(:mad:

As for buying a PS5 to play TSW2 on? After this fiasco no way!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Buying a PS5 only because of this game is a joke...i can understand playing on If you already had It on PS4...but buying because tsw...i mean get real dovetail...hahahahaha

• Like Like x 2
  10. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

Any of you located in Asia/Australia and don’t have the patch for preserved collection yet?

11. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

I agree, I was aiming to get a PS5, really just to play TSW2 on. All my other games work fine on my pro. I am seriously thinking of getting x box instead, and getting Microsoft flight simulator and abandoning this mess

• Like Like x 2
  12. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I did not say it was a virus, though it is acting like one for TSW2. I was saying IF you did not want to have your version of "TSW" crapped all over. Then turn OFF you Wi-Fi then Updates will not download an you can PLAY the TSW2 until it is fixed.

Of course this will then stop you playing any online games you have. It was only meant for a solution for TSW2. Just trying to be helpful to those who want to play TSW2. The instant you allow your P to get on the Grand World Web then it WILL update.

You can maybe cancel the downloads but for me to be sure you do not get something you do not want do as i have tried to help people.

As it happens I have other things in my life I have been dealing with so have not turned on my PS yesterday and at the rate things are going it will be Sunday night before I do. Hopefully by then this debacle will be fixed!

13. Factor41

So on PS4, if you delete the game and reinstall it (even though that should be the exact same thing that's already on your system), it will start working. Clunky AF. Haven't installed any of my DLC yet, but managed to get Sand Patch rolling without a crash which is a big improvement on yesterday!

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

Sony need to stop holding onto it and push it out to fix this.

I’m from the UK by the way

• Like Like x 1
  15. Doomotron

The licences haven't been stolen from you, don't be silly. It is a glitch that has likely occurred because of the PS5 version being added to the PlayStation Store. Sooner rather than later, The content will be added back to your account (I still own all of my Preserved DLC) or, at the very least, DTG will give codes to people who have lost DLC.

Ordering your bank to refund you is even more dramatic than Plastic Pal and is a monumental waste of time for you. Just call down, play something else (I wonder what's on PS Plus this month) and if that doesn't work, go to a gym and punch out your aggression towards Train Simulator.
    As I said, you don't need to turn off WiFi to stop updates, they can be cancelled very easily, and you can set automatic downloads to off as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. neil.corsan3

neil.corsan3 New Member

Just reinstalled base game and couldn’t even get the Bakerloo Line to work. Tried to run some of my dlc’s just crashes for each one. It even crashes for the ones it sees and puts a yellow tick inside of that shows the base game can see that add on. Was really looking forward to this update and new route. But just feel very deflated and let down by all of this. Even if they do fix all the issues it will be too little to late by then. The fact I can’t play something I have paid loads of money for and have been very impressed with is going to become very frustrating. This is the one game I play the most as it seems a lot of other people do

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. notyetdead

notyetdead Member

Yes but now it's the end of Friday over 24 hrs later since the debarcle started and no change

• Like Like x 1
  18. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Glad that i didnt updated at ALL...this way If i want( really doubt that ) i can play....

• Like Like x 1
  19. notyetdead

notyetdead Member

Did this work? I've tried the same and still no change. I've read the update on DTG website and don't have any of the add-ons they suggest not to install

20. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

There’s a update coming shortly (today they said) to fix the crashes. The workaround for your Add-Ons to appear in-game by deleting your game and re-download it is 50/50. It didn’t work for me and other people. We have to wait for a proper fix.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Factor41

It worked until I downloaded any of my DLC in the misguided belief that they'd done the DLC updates.

On the base install, my home screen was showing Sand Patch, Bakerloo, Koln and East Coastway, and I managed to play SP and EC with no problems. Then I re-downloaded a few of my DLCs from the game options on the PS4 XMB and have returned to the game crashing every time I click on a route. Utter shambles. Again.

• Like Like x 2
  22. tsw2020tgp

tsw2020tgp Member

???

23. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Ok so I’m on PS4 I uninstalled everything then only reinstalled the base game and Boston route and it works but I still got the error for the other DLCs but at least the game work with 1/4 of its DLC which is still unacceptable

• Like Like x 1
  24. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

THERES A PS4 UPDATE ROLLING OUT NOW

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Doomotron

Forum in-joke.

26. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

EDIT:

This patch is now live (1.43). If you were experiencing any issues with crashing, we recommend you download this patch at your earliest convenience.

If you are still experiencing issues with being unable to see your Add-ons within the PlayStation Store, or once downloaded them not appearing in game, we've seen some players have success with the following steps, recommended by Sony.

1) Uninstalling your game and any Add-ons
    2) Restart your console
    3) Reinstall TSW2, which should contain patch 1.43
    4) Download any Add-ons you have available within the Store

We will continue to work with Sony to try to find a solution over the coming days for those unable to see Add-ons in their Store, or downloaded Add-ons not appearing in-game.

• Like Like x 1
  27. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

Question: What if the workaround recommended by Sony doesn’t work? Do we have to wait for a fix? (like mine didn’t sadly)

28. neil.corsan3

neil.corsan3 New Member

I am trying the new suggestion Dovetail have put in the game tonight. Just wanted to know if it is true that we can’t install the 2 routes LGV MED and Rhein-Ruhr Osten there are also a couple of loco’s but I don’t have those. Thank you all

29. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

Yes that’s true

30. neil.corsan3

neil.corsan3 New Member

I have installed all of my addons expect LGV and Rhine-Ruhr Osten. The only routes I am showing as loaded in the game are the 3 core routes and Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr, East Coast Way, Peninsula Corridor and Boston Sprinter. So out of 13 additional routes I have purchased only 4 of them work. When I go to the store in the game 4 are showing as free but won’t install once they have downloaded. It’s a start but has a very long way to go to even get close to my good books again

• Like Like x 2
  31. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

LGV works for me that’s weird

32. jamesfisher18

jamesfisher18 New Member

I purchased the Xbox Series S on 2 August, it’s definitely worth it, I have all the fable games, Microsoft Flight Simulator which is what I originally purchased it for, and Lake a beautiful game that was released on Wednesday, I had not had an Xbox for 13/14 years before I purchased it

• Like Like x 1
  33. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

This thread is old news now...may i ask for the mods to Lock it...
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1