Downloading Dlc Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by richard cooper, Aug 19, 2021.

1. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

I'm about to start downloading dlc. Which is better playstation store or through game itself. Does anyone know if progress is saved or start over again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. richard cooper

Started Boston route and immediately error code came up. Good start

• Like Like x 2
  3. joemcspliff#6716

joemcspliff#6716 New Member

I've reinstalled game twice and restored licenses

Still broken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. richard cooper

Further update no route will load error code for all of them. Whet the hells going on

• Like Like x 3
  5. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

yes same here downloaded dlc that available,no luck then uninstalled game,reinstalled game and nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

What I find the most frustrating it says in notifications it has downloaded the few I have tried. But then fire the game up and they are not there. Even when right clicking on the icon or tile for the game there is an option to view installed add on's and they are listed in that as being installed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

yes same here,has anyone had any luck with the procedure dtg posted.ive even uninstalled game and still nothing,

• Like Like x 1
  8. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

Don't bother it doesn't work.

• Like Like x 2
  9. PHJ-MGF

Even the core update doesn't work and keeps coming up with the blue screen as it crashes. It's a total farce.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Same with mine, nothing works and it just crashes even if it thinks I have the route in the PS store (via the game).
    I even just bought the Season Pass because JD said at least that will work but that crashes too! Not happy. :(

If I delete the game and reinstall it all, do I lose my progress in the game i.e., miles done, medals, collectables etc?

11. Lenwigg

I have uninstalled the game for the third time and waiting for it to download again. The other two times though when I went to the store and clicked on it to download it it said, you can not buy this product as you already own it. If you want to download ot go to your library. Or words similar. This time though I went to the store anyway and when I clicked the icon it gave me the option to download.

Time will tell if it has made a difference or not. I doubt it but you never know.

12. PHJ-MGF

I have no idea on the reinstall issue regarding medals, levels etc. I won't be doing it, they caused the mess they can sort it out. Why should I run around doing the work to fix their ineptitude.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lenwigg

Not if you have your save data backed up. If you have PS plus I think it updates automatically but I backed it up to the cloud and backed it up to a USB fob for good measure.

14. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Which data did you backup, the data online or on the system? I noticed there were a few slight discrepancies between them.

15. Lenwigg

I backed them both up on the USB stick. I did one then put the stick in laptop and put a A on it. Then I did the other. I would think the one on the system was the most up to date one my thinking being that is from the last time you played and that part did not get uploaded before you switched it off. Mine were both different that is why I backed them both up. But I could be wrong

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lenwigg

No it made no difference, it installed a route but still not showing up in the game. And after that route got installed it game me the message that I had to acknowledge again saying about complete outstanding updates. Oh well that's it for tonight, bed i think

17. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

No

18. PHJ-MGF

It's not going to help, the core update itself is constantly crashing even if you just have a walk around in some scenarios. There are words to describe it but they'd get me banned. Let's just say if you gave DTG a brewery and asked them to get everyone drunk, they'd struggle to manage it.

19. moofeen#2182

It won’t work

20. moofeen#2182

Does anyone know weather the update happens within 24 hours from now or when you game.?